Daps
Reppin
Chicago
UPDATE: 1014/2016

UPDATE: 09/28/2016

FINAL TRAILER

UPDATE: 07/23/2016

COMIC-CON Trailer

Upcoming Harry Potter prequel series directed by David Yates. Screenplay by JK Rowling.

Fantastic-Beasts-logo1.jpg

The story revolves around Newt Scamander's arrival at the Magical Congress of the United States of America, for a meeting with an important official. Central to the story and this meeting is a magically expanded briefcase which houses a number of dangerous creatures and their habitats. When the creatures escape from the briefcase, it sends the American wizarding authorities after Newt, and it threatens even further the state of magical and non-magical relations, which is already in a dangerous place, due to the threatening presence of the fanatical extremist group that call themselves, in short, "The Second Salemers". The story tells of what effect this devastating mistake has on the state of wizard/No-Maj (the American term for a non-magical person) relations in New York City's community of wizards and witches in 1926, the effort to right the mistake, and the horrors of the resultant increase in violence, fear, and tension felt between magical and non-magical peoples.
  • Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander, an eccentric, introverted wizard, the film's lead, and the author of the future textbook "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them", and employee at the British Ministry of Magic. Porpentina's love interest.
  • Katherine Waterston as Porpentina "Tina" Goldstein, a down-to-earth and grounded witch, and an employee of the Magical Congress of the United States of America (MACUSA,) who longs to fight for what's right. Forced to work in an office well below her skill level due to her standing up for the wrong person. Newt's love interest.
  • Alison Sudol as Queenie Goldstein, Porpentina's younger sister and roommate, described as a bombshell. Free-spirited and big-hearted. An accomplished Legilimens (reader of minds).
  • Dan Fogler as Jacob Kowalski, a No-Maj factory worker/aspiring baker who is exposed to the New York City magical community after he meets Newt.
  • Samantha Morton as Mary Lou, The narrow-minded No-Maj and sinister leader of the New Salem Philanthropic Society (the NSPS, or "The Second-Salemers"), an extremist group whose goals include exposing and killing wizards and witches.
  • Ezra Miller as Credence,Mary Lou's troubled adopted son. Described as mysterious. Reportedly plays a big role in the Wizarding World canon.
  • Colin Farrell as Graves, a high-ranking auror, confidante to the President of the American magical community. Set with the task of tracking down Newt.
  • Faith Wood-Blagrove as Modesty, a haunted young girl with the ability to see deep into people. Has an inner strength and stillness.
  • Jenn Murray as Chastity
November 18, 2016

Last edited:

BodieBroadus

You know my name.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D/FW
Trailer starts out just like tha opening scene in Prisoner.

Brehs. :mjcry:

A HP-type flick set in the US, tho'. :scust:

Last edited:

BodieBroadus

You know my name.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D/FW
I feel you breh.

It feels weirds as shyt hearing characters in the Wizarding World speak with American accents.

Yeah, shyt's gonna take some readjusting to get used to. This "no-maj" instead of "muggle" fukkery is already some sus nonsense.
:stopitslime:

At least the lead is British, I guess.

BodieBroadus

You know my name.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D/FW
i need someone to point out the black ppl with a good amount of lines in the potter movies cuz i dont really remember any :jbhmm:

thats just how J.K roll i guess :yeshrug:

Well, admittedly, she ain't really leave a whole lotta room for melanin by making a single ginger family damn near half the characters in the series.
:yeshrug: