Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them [Harry Potter Spin-Off] Nov. 18, 2016

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
i need someone to point out the black ppl with a good amount of lines in the potter movies cuz i dont really remember any :jbhmm:

thats just how J.K roll i guess :yeshrug:

As far as I can remember there were only six black characters with speaking roles in all 8 Harry Potter films.

Lee Jordan

latest

The Quidditch announcer in the first few movies.

Dean Thomas

enhanced-18396-1402509977-16.jpg

Gryffindor student. Had maybe 1 line every other movie.

Random Black dude in Prisoner of Azkaban

tumblr_la687lLFu61qen0oeo1_1280.jpg

This dude went unnamed in the movie, and I honestly can't remember if he was in the books.

He had a handful of lines in Prisoner of Azkaban and was never heard from or seen again.

Angelina Johnson

139411-harry-potter-angelina-johnson.jpg

She had a few lines in Goblet of Fire. Dated Fred Weasley.

Kingsley Shacklebot

KingsleyShacklebolt_WB_F5_MidshotClaspingHands_Promo_080615_Port.jpg

Auror and Order of the Phoenix member. He had maybe 6 lines spread across the last 4 films.

He did become Minster for Magic in the end tho. (At least in the books.)

Blaise Zabini

latest

Had 3 or 4 lines in Half-Blood Prince.

Honestly Harry Potter is one of my favorite film/book franchises, and I can kinda gave JK a pass for not having many black characters.

You usually don't find many black characters in the fantasy genre. Not to mention it takes place in the middle of nowhere England.

With that being said, this movie takes in NYC in 1926, the height of the Harlem Renaissance and the Great Migration.

If would be bs if there aren't any black characters.

Last edited:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

This dude went unnamed in the movie, and I honestly can't remember if he was in the books.

He had a handful of lines in Prisoner of Azkaban and was never heard from or seen again.

No, his ass wasn't in the books at all, and his line: "black could be anywhere" was so over the top and ridiculous :francis:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
As far as I can remember there were only six black characters with speaking roles in all 8 Harry Potter films.

Lee Jordan

latest

The Quidditch announcer in the first few movies.

Dean Thomas

enhanced-18396-1402509977-16.jpg

Gryffindor student. Had maybe 1 line every other movie.

Angelina Johnson

139411-harry-potter-angelina-johnson.jpg

She had a few lines in Goblet of Fire. Dated Fred Weasley.

Kingsley Shacklebot

KingsleyShacklebolt_WB_F5_MidshotClaspingHands_Promo_080615_Port.jpg

Auror and Order of the Phoenix member. He had maybe 6 lines spread across the last 4 films.

He did become Minster for Magic in the end tho. (At least in the books.)

Blaise Zabini

latest

Had 3 or 4 lines in Half-Blood Prince.

Honestly Harry Potter is one of my favorite film/book franchises, and I can kinda gave JK a pass for not having many black characters.

You usually don't find many black characters in the fantasy genre. Not to mention it takes place in the middle of nowhere England.

With that being said, this movie takes in NYC in 1926, the height of the Harlem Renaissance and the Great Migration.

If there's not a decent amount of black characters in this trilogy, it that would be unjustifiable imo.
yea like i said, no black person of note :francis:....im not paying to see it so its whatever :yeshrug: im sure because of those tweets she'll throw in some more token blacks in the sequels :beli:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Actually looked interesting :jbhmm:

And yes, people should wait to see if more characters are in the flick before assuming it's all white... even though I'm sure it is mostly white