Father charged with trying to drown children

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Mentally illness is real brehs. I pray for the family. Dude looked so hopeless and the 911 call was just sad.

Father charged with trying to drown children in Durham pond called 911
North Carolina father charged with attempted murder after allegedly throwing kids in pond

lassiter_web.jpg

DURHAM
A Raleigh man charged with trying to drown his children called 911 afterward and asked for an ambulance and someone “to go and break the news to my wife.”

Alan Tysheen Eugene Lassiter, 29, of Holloway Terrace in Raleigh, was placed in Durham County Jail under a $2,250,000 bond after police say he tried to throw his three children in a lake at Audubon Lake Apartments on Shearwater Drive in Durham..

Police responded to a 911 call at 9:12 p.m. Sunday in the 100 block of Shearwater Drive.

“I just drowned my two daughters in the lake,” a man says in the 911 call.

At a press conference Monday morning, Durham Police Chief Jose Lopez said Lassiter made the 911 call.

The man tells the 911 operator that child protective service workers were trying to take his children.

“All I did was try to go get help,” he says. “I was dealing with some pedophilia things. I was dealing with some sexual desires that I tried to get help with. Instead they turned their back on me.”

“The whole system tried to take my kids,” he continues. “When somebody asks for help, really help them, OK? Really help them.”

“Nobody helped me ... nobody helped me.”

2 girls hospitalized
Two children – a 3-year-old girl and a 5-year-old girl – were pulled from the pond by off-duty sheriff’s deputy David Earp, 26, who lives at the complex, according to police.

Officers performed CPR on the children until EMS arrived.

A third child, a 7-year-old boy, was found unharmed at a nearby business.

The two girls found in the water have been taken to a hospital. The 3-year-old is in critical condition, police said. The 5 year-old is in stable condition.

Police did not say how long the girls had been in the water, and Earp referred a request for an interview Monday to the Sheriff’s Office.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
You are having pedo issues but mad they are trying to take your kids away? He is mentally ill so it shouldn't make sense but still...

I need the full story. I am glad they were recovered I hope they both pull through. That is so sad and crazy.

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
You are having pedo issues but mad they are trying to take your kids away? He is mentally ill so it shouldn't make sense but still...

I need the full story. I am glad they were recovered I hope they both pull through. That is so sad and crazy.
:what: this is not the whole story

Two separate links from local news sources were included in the OP however no details of the pedophilia remark. You may have to do research. This is an unfortunate situation at every angle and I especially feel sorry for the wife and hope the kids recover physically and mentally. Hope they have a strong support system to get them through this. Mental illness is real out here especially ignored for/by Black Americans.