Feige Confirms Miles Morales Exists in MCU

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:blessed:

Rejoice, web-heads — Miles Morales is a character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, after all. Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige confirmed as much in an interview with Screen Crush ahead of the release of Spider-Man: Homecoming in theaters.

First, some context. In Spider-Man: Homecoming, Donald Glover plays a criminal character named Aaron Davis, known to comics fans as the Prowler in the Ultimate Universe. In those comics, Aaron is the uncle of Miles Morales, playing an integral role in Miles’ origin and transformation into the wall-crawler.

Well, in Homecoming, Aaron name drops his “nephew” without exactly mentioning the name Miles. Confirming that he was indeed referring to Miles, Screen Crush asked Feige is this is indeed a reference to Miles, to which the Marvel Studios chief clarified yes, indicating that “anything that’s happened in the books.”

“In the meantime, I think Miles is a big part of the animated movie that Sony’s making,” Feige said. “But where we go… we definitely want you to go ‘[Miles] is there. He’s there somewhere.’”

Arriving July 7, director Jon Watts’ Spider-Man: Homecoming stars Tom Holland as Spider-Man and Michael Keaton as Vulture, in addition to Zendaya, Donald Glover, Jacob Batalon, Laura Harrier, Tony Revolori, Tyne Daly, Bokeem Woodbine, Marisa Tomei and Robert Downey Jr. Tickets are on sale now.

:from the funny pages to the animated screen to the big screen soon :to:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
:blessed:

they just wont stop....guaranteed billy

giphy.gif

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm confused ...so in the comics is there 2 Spiderman's fighting crime in the same city?

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I know he is listed as abe on the cast sheet but if they sneeking Abraham Attah in the background of these movies to be revealed as Miles Morales down the line in a third or fourth movie :whew:

7af3357f07d58292db627e4cf38fd39044adfbff_hq.jpg

My young Ghanaian brother :salute:

They could definitely do much worse when it comes to casting a major role. He KILLED in 'Beasts Of No Nation'.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn I thought there was just Peter Parker...I just heard about this Morales character just 2-3 months ago....it's so hard keeping up with these comics
Miles been aroung for a few years , he started in the ultimate universe when that Peter Parker died fighting the green goblin . He was inspired by his sacrifice as he had powers but didn't use them . He became popular with a good supporting cast and when the ultimate universe was destroyed he was one of the survivors who transitioned to the main marvel universe due to having fed molecule man during secret wars ( long story )

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I know he is listed as abe on the cast sheet but if they sneeking Abraham Attah in the background of these movies to be revealed as Miles Morales down the line in a third or fourth movie :whew:

7af3357f07d58292db627e4cf38fd39044adfbff_hq.jpg
I suspected he was Miles the moment they announced him.

It'd be a good look if true, especially with Glover playing his uncle

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Only thing is Sony is doing an animated Miles movie (with ole boy from Get Down)
I don't think Sony would mind or care about the nuances. They just in it for the green.

Worst case they would just acknowledge the animated film franchise as separate and then proceed to have Miles' origin bear fruit in the 2nd or 3rd Spidey flick. With Donald playing a big role in that subplot