Feige Confirms Miles Morales Exists in MCU

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Nah, as I said, the comics (i.e. Bendis) served it's purposes by giving Miles a foundation to get him where he is now. Now it's up to the MCU/animated films to make him connect with the mainstream. Tbh, with all of BP's 'rich' history, he was on the shelf for 20 of his 50 years and really only had a 10 year span (from Priest's run to Hudlin's run) that was ideal to pull from primarily. Prior to that, you'd have to go back to the 70s to see him cook, and even a lot of those were questionable. Plus he's been subject to a lot of :mjpls: for much of the last 8-9 years, with shyt characterizations i want no where near the film.

But now that he has a movie out, Coogler's depiction will be the depiction millions will be exposed to (after CW). Similarly, Miles depiction in the animated film will be the one seen by millions. As long as they bring the charisma there, he'll be fine. Same with T'Challa, for which i have absolute confidence in Coogler and Boseman's acting.

what purpose did the comics serve for miles? the only reason miles is still kicking is because hes been pushed as a black spider man. if he were anyone else, hed be dead with the rest of his universe. as it is, we have no reason to be excited to have miles in anything. at least with an adaption we he have an idea of what the character could be, but for miles theres nothing. hes just a character thats there. like mentioned by mic, his cast is more established than he is. bendis hasnt done him any favors in that regard.

as for panther, the most trying runs of his are the coates and hudlin runs. his initial run and the mcgregor runs helped establish his mythos, and aspects of said runs are appearing in the movie. its stuff to be excited about. as excited as i am about cooglers vision, he wouldnt have one without giving nods to the runs that came before him, or else we would end up with a coates like movie

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I think he needs some villains of his own...maybe that'll help his development. I keep saying that they should bring back Alpha and make his a villain to Miles. Or take him away from home..solo for a while. Or maybe he just can't sustain his own book. When he debuted, it was already a package deal with his family and such. I like his supporting - Mom Dukes..she scares me....Ganke, now Goldballs, Bombshell....but at times they overpower his (lack of) personality.

i feel like thats bendis preventing his growth. theres no reason why six years in, and hes still at this level. robbie was establised in his first run, same with kamala. and even though it took a bit longer, even sam became a character that i was interested in. but miles, is still.....

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
what purpose did the comics serve for miles? the only reason miles is still kicking is because hes been pushed as a black spider man. if he were anyone else, hed be dead with the rest of his universe. as it is, we have no reason to be excited to have miles in anything. at least with an adaption we he have an idea of what the character could be, but for miles theres nothing. hes just a character thats there. like mentioned by mic, his cast is more established than he is. bendis hasnt done him any favors in that regard.
Nah, the reason he's still kicking it is the same reason Jessica Jones was still kicking it, because they are Bendis's pet projects. And by the time he made it to the cartoons and ppl like Donald Glover championed him, it gave even more reason to have him around. But even without that, Miles wasn't going to die anytime soon unless Bendis wanted it.

And all this "no reason to be excited" is all to each their own stuff. I'm excited about it and so are others :manny: It's not like people are forced to watch the movie or participate in the appreciation.

The comics established his uncle as the Prowler, his dad as a shield agent, and the crux of gaining his powers being easy enough to replicate/MCU-ize without having to kill Peter. His personality from the comics wasn't terrible but, like i said, Bendis has stagnated over the years, and I'm no Bendis fan nor apologist, but as long as the movie makes him likeable and does justice with his scenes with Ice Cube/his pops and others, audiences will eat it up and that will be that. At that point, the animated film and the MCU will do whatever they feel needs to be done with him to keep the momentum going.

as for panther, the most trying runs of his are the coates and hudlin runs. his initial run and the mcgregor runs helped establish his mythos, and aspects of said runs are appearing in the movie. its stuff to be excited about. as excited as i am about cooglers vision, he wouldnt have one without giving nods to the runs that came before him, or else we would end up with a coates like movie
I'd say Priests nigh retooling of the character set up a lot (tho not all) of what Coogler pulled from, along with Hudlin's retelling of Wakanda; which is why i'm excited for the movie. Coates has a fundamentally disagreement with the concept of BP and Wakanda being what it is, despite it being fiction and regardless of past work. So if, say, Coogler had nothing but an origin of BP and a given conceptualization of him to make an animated kids movie with, hell yea I'd have all the faith in the world with him as a director vs a director with the philosophy of Coates.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Exactly how does Miles fit in the same universe with Pete? Like is he the active spider-man, do they work together? I know him being a partner/sidekick would be cliche as shyt but once I heard they would co-exist I thought two spider-men just doing their own thing sounded dumb. Thought maybe a name change or something. Like a Nightwing/ Batman type situation.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Exactly how does Miles fit in the same universe with Pete? Like is he the active spider-man, do they work together? I know him being a partner/sidekick would be cliche as shyt but once I heard they would co-exist I thought two spider-men just doing their own thing sounded dumb. Thought maybe a name change or something. Like a Nightwing/ Batman type situation.

In the Disney cartoon he essentially was the Robin to Pete's Batman. Peter was a teen but Miles was even younger, probably like a middle schooler. It wasn't exactly a great cartoon with the acting and direction but I saw what they were trying to do with the big brother-little brother pairing. Miles came to be due to a corporation (in the comics, it was Osborn's) trying to recreate and mass produce the genetic spider that created Parker. Prowler broke into the lab to steal whatever (i forget if it was the spiders or something else), and in the process one of the spiders got taken. Prowler went to check up on his nephew (Miles) sometime later and the spider ended up loose in the apartment, eventually biting Miles sometime later.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
suck a glass dikk hoe
1367887_o.gif