Fellow Weeknd Fans, Am I The Only One Who Prefers This Type of Music From Him?

riddlerap

G-Unit 4 Life
Daps

im not totally sure what im tryna say, i think i just prefer him on trap type beats, but also with certain content. i want a whole album like the stuff i posted, instead of shyt like "Cant Feel My Face", "In The Night", and in general most of his songs, cause i recently went through his whole discog and was disappointed. i want the hungry, vicious, gangsta-like type shyt. if that even makes sense.

also if anyone has similar songs than the ones i posted, drop them names/links. maybe i missed some.

edit: regarding content, i would love if he dropped meaningful stuff that sounded good to me, but usually that comes with older style beats, or shyt i cant really bump. its like his whole sound/flow is changed when its meaningful/deep stuff.

gottah8me

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D(M)V

I prefer the House of Balloons sound more. The whole tape was :fire::dj2:but that's just my opinion. He does need to work with Doc again the tracks they made together were all fire.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No. This is type of music his core fans fell in love with him. I honestly don't like the extreme pop music from him

GetitGone

not friendly.
Daps
What I don't get it when he sticks to this updated but still OG weeknd sound it's bigger than the pop
shyt. Can't feel my face was huge but it was nowhere bigger than the hills. And he's talking about he can't get it up because he just fukked two Thots.

The weeknd's team can be smart but off at the same time. He should have followed up with Acquainted after the hills instead of in the night which flopped.

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats more like the production OP is talking about

HOB didnt have hi hats and snares like that
Ye but songs like Often are Trap but still have some of that HOB sound, where as some shyt like Low Lifes or Rambo doesn't have any HOB influence, it's generic sounding.

Cwilk02

Pro
Supporter
Daps
King of the fall is a pretty dope track as well though

Cwilk02

Pro
Supporter
Daps
King of the fall is a pretty dope track as well though

BarackStar

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
detroit
You didn't listen in the order I gave u so u having issues. Everything pre the new album is his best material a few songs on there like the hills are made in the vein of his previous shyt and not the purposely pop shyt on the album. If you didn't like the trilogy then you heavily sleeping and kissland is amazing once it clicks...watching the music videos help.