Fewer men attending college is leading toward "mating crisis", says NYC professor

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I never said otherwise. Just pointing out the flaw in that. Why not list the positive things? People make this kind of stuff so negative “you better do this or you’ll die alone” like you can do everything right and still end up single for life.

There’s no need for all the hostility because nothing is promised. A lot of men don’t even want to get married or be with one woman anyways so even if you do everything exactly how you guys say you could end up with one of those men. Idk why people make marriage/dating talk such a negative thing.
People make it into something negative on both sides. Either it's die alone or get married and be stuck with an abusive, sorry man you stopped 'loving' years ago. However, by everything you've posted on this site over the years though, you're a beautiful, happily married woman here in LA to a successful man as a stay at home mom :sas2:.

Last edited:

franknitty711

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:pacspit: at this lame ass article. The writer probably mad because the collegiate establishment that has been eating well for the last decade due to increased tuition and easily available student debt that traps so many.

Their pockets are getting a little thinner because they turned higher education into a scam for the rich:sas2: and most of us males know it.

Men and Women still gonna phuck....always.....:mjlit:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
:pacspit: at this lame ass article. The writer probably mad because the collegiate establishment that has been eating well for the last decade due to increased tuition and easily available student debt that traps so many.

Their pockets are getting a little thinner
because they turned higher education into a scam for the rich:sas2: and most of us males know it.

The bolded is the whole reason for the concern trolling.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Has nothing to do with college.

Women are just pickier than ever.
It’s all about money.

I don’t buy the “I can’t have a conversation with him if he doesn’t have a college degree” spiel.

If you took 100 women and asked them if they would seriously date and/or marry a professional athlete who doesn't have a college degree, they would change that tune real quick. Why? Because he has money....all that "he's not in my socio-economic circles" would fly ight out the window once a lot of cash becomes in involved.

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
The fukk are you talking about? Something is wrong with you people. :heh:
This is written in white papers of many regulatory bodies at the National and international lvl. It’s funny that “they” can say what they are doing and the intent and people still brush it off. The issue y’all discussing is far beyond male and female dynamics.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
This is nothing new the vast majority of men after high school either go on to a trade job or Join the military.
The guys going to college have always been the minority.
Yeah...and another big reason that there's such a imbalance in the numbers is because over the last 50 years, there has been a very persuasive, and strong recruiting effort to get more women in college.

Look around you...there are tons of jobs and college recruiting efforts to "diversify" the work force that has created a tectonic shift. I saw it 20 years ago in college, and I'm sure it was going on 20 years before that. Fast forward to today and and it has now recalibrated into recruiting more women into STEM careers because there's this idea that "women are being left out" SO now, there's a HUGE effort to get more women in STEM careers leading to this strong push to train, educate and employ more women in those fields.

Men who don't have the academic acumen, network/connections or ambition basically have no one to turn to.

A lot of men are basically left on a life raft in the middle of the ocean once they graduate HS. And honestly, no one cares--they're just expected to "man-up" figure out life. When it comes to women on the otherhand, the effort MUST be made to get more of them into college and into a lot of these fields.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
It’s all about money.

I don’t buy the “I can’t have a conversation with him if he doesn’t have a college degree” spiel.

If you took 100 women and asked them if they would seriously date and/or marry a professional athlete who doesn't have a college degree, they would change that tune real quick. Why? Because he has money....all that "he's not in my socio-economic circles" would fly ight out the window once a lot of cash becomes in involved.

Not only that it's about Jobs period. In Colombia there's more single mothers than they are in Black america right now. But no one in Colombia says I can do bad all by myself I don't need no Man.Why? No social safety net. Everyone needs someone and if a dude is making 300 bucks a month that's 300 bucks more than a single chick by herself.

In the states welfare is more valuable than a dude with a minimum wage job.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Non college educated men in relationships with/married to college educated women is not rare. If you at least make a good income and check off on other boxes women will look past your educational level.

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Their pockets are getting a little thinner because they turned higher education into a scam for the rich:sas2: and most of us males know it.

They are still making money as women are going more and more now. He’s telling the truth

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This is written in white papers of many regulatory bodies at the National and international lvl. It’s funny that “they” can say what they are doing and the intent and people still brush it off. The issue y’all discussing is far beyond male and female dynamics.
What papers? Please reply to me with the links.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
09_race_assortative_mating_fig4.png

Single black female BA seeks educated husband: Race, assortative mating and inequality

Starski

Superstar
Daps
I'll keep hammering the point home that STAT 101 should be taught in high school, this thread embodies the problem with people ignoring or not understanding averages, base rates, and outliers.

I

Take this god damn rep :wow::wow:.

It hurts when people use outliers (and shyt 4/5/6+ sigma outliers at that) based on
Anecdotal evidence (which most likely have a hint of :duck:) to form core beliefs :mjcry:.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Take this god damn rep :wow::wow:.

It hurts when people use outliers (and shyt 4/5/6+ sigma outliers at that) based on
Anecdotal evidence (which most likely have a hint of :duck:) to form core beliefs :mjcry:.
This concept is extremely hard to understand to many people.

bell-curve.png

A college stats class could fix that really quickly. :sas2: