Fillmore is a contender for most underrated cartoon of all time.

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
I lurked a few cartoon nostalgia threads and they always seem to be missing this cartoon. :jbhmm:

For anyone unfamiliar...

Former delinquent Cornelius Fillmore saw the light, and now fights on the side of justice at X Middle School. Joining him is Ingrid Third, who has a photographic memory. Together, Fillmore and Third fight all those who attempt to break the rules at X, all while keeping Jr. Commissioner Vallejo off their backs and trying to please the school's overly-image-conscious Principal Folsom

Fillmore!, as I've stated in other reviews, is perhaps the most intelligent and witty cartoon I've ever seen. Aside from the fact that many of the plots are somewhat predictable, this program is virtually flawless. The words "well written" wouldn't even begin to describe the genius that is fillmore!. I can't tell you how many times I've been blown away by the sheer intellect found in whats unfortunately being called "A Kid's Cartoon". This program absolutely deserves the acclaim it's been given in the "San Francisco Chronicle", and many more seasons to boot. Scott Gimple should be forever proud of such an achievement, but quickly aware of his fate. With the way Disney is working these days, I wouldn't be surprised if this masterpiece was canceled for re-runs of "Sabrina the animated series"

Fillmore is a police procedural set in a middle school. The way it takes itself utterly seriously and perfectly applies all the hard-boiled detective cliches makes it great fun, and sometimes even touching. This one's for adults as much as for children.

Fillmore! is, to be succinct, a totally awesome cartoon. As a 21-year-old male, it might be hard to believe I could be such an enthusiastic supporter of the show, but I am. I actually arranged my school schedule so I could see the show more often.

Fillmore! is about a cadre of safety patrol officers patrolling the hallways of X Middle School, Home of Lobstee The Lobster. Through hard work and detective skills, they always manage to catch the crook before a half an hour is up.

The show is hilarious. First and foremost is its tone, which never deviates from the gravity of the matter. Shredded petitions and pilfered robotic dogs are treated as serious as a homicide, and the detectives hit the beat in a middle school version of Law & Order. It never lets the characters know just how ridiculous the setup is, and plays fairly within their world.

Beyond that, the subtle jokes work wonders to add to the show's quality. A banner being put up reading "Hooray for Banner Club" or a group working together, becoming as solid as "Geodude using his harden attack" are just examples of how sublime the show can get.

This really is a great example of a show that everyone can enjoy. The animation is bright and vivid, the characters are all real with good motivations, and some of the plots will actually leave you guessing, which is refreshing for a show aimed at the younger set. Catch Fillmore! whenever you can.

This is one of my favorite cartoons of all time y'all. :mjcry: Up there with Ed, Edd, and Eddie.