Finally found a dude who fasho did all calisthenics and got dumb swole and strong

CanesMiamiLakers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive been getting plenty of rest since I can’t go anywhere. Diet has been so-so, only because I’ve been buying in bulk and I switched from from fresh veggies to canned the last few months.

How many sets are you doing at a time? If just starting out, do 20-25 at a time and take a few minutes break.

I was regularly working out with 225 on the bench and 210 on the incline so I built up chest and arm strength. Since I only weigh 150 pounds, doing 50 set pushups is pretty easy for me.
That’s what I do sets of 25 but my diet and sleep is shyt I eat whatever and get like 4-6 hrs of sleep

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You taking naps or getting a full 8 hours? For me it’s impossible to get 8 my body always wakes up after 6 hrs :yeshrug:
I can't sleep 8 hours either. I however around 3-5

I do take naps but I'll admit i don't have a dedicated structure

However working out the way i do (smaller workouts throughout the day) I find myself needing even less sleep.

I believe excercise should energize rather than drain you

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This dude said it should only take you an hour to do 1,000 push-ups :deadmanny:

I did 10 reps of each of the ten variations he showed and was fukking dead. I’m in decent shape too, but 1,000 in an hour ain’t realistic
How you been coming along since we’ve showed you 1,000 in an hour is possible?

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Update: I reached my bday goal of doing 2000 push ups on May 7. I've been doing between 700-1000 pushups almost everyday since March 15.

Results: Brehs, this the best i've looked and i've been lifting for close to 10 years. Chest, shoulders are on point. Traps have grown substantially in three months.

I'm seriously considering going all calisthenics. It's better for the joints anyway.
:ohhh: Damn could’ve sworn I been telling y’all to just give it a try and not knock it:russ: but naw good shyt been

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You think a dude who went to prison at 16 wouldn't be willing to lie about lifting weights?

CoCKy GeNiuS

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the key is that he started young (not saying I 100% believe him).

But...a lot is possible if you start in your teens.
Its a whole different story doing this in your late 20's and beyond though...
...would be a big waste of time.

My fukin elbow start hurting after 100 pushups...Its hard for me to do all those reps.
We don't need your energy in here

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
How you been coming along since we’ve showed you 1,000 in an hour is possible?
Making progress, but still a struggle for me. Got 500 in an hour my last chest day.

When gyms were open I was used to doing 6 chest exercises, 3-4 sets, in the 5-8 rep range. That's anywhere from 90-200 reps. Still adjusting to the high ass reps, but the chest pump is legit.

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Making progress, but still a struggle for me. Got 500 in an hour my last chest day.

When gyms were open I was used to doing 6 chest exercises, 3-4 sets, in the 5-8 rep range. That's anywhere from 90-200 reps. Still adjusting to the high ass reps, but the chest pump is legit.
That’s wassup and yea the rep range for calisthenics is real high in terms of doing a lot of reps for growth I won’t lie about that you have to mentally go somewhere else

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That’s wassup and yea the rep range for calisthenics is real high in terms of doing a lot of reps for growth I won’t lie about that you have to mentally go somewhere else

Ok breh I’ll give it a shot :francis:

But I think I’ll still do weighted squats. Like that is the only excercise I’ll do with weights and the rest I’ll do calisthenics with. I just think dips and whatever else is too little to replace body weight squats but others can be done

do you got any tips on the reps? To gain more mass do you do higher reps or lower reps with calisthenics and what is considered lower and higher?

I do wonder about something though...as far as weights go, guys lift heavy but there is also carrying heavy and what if they use a trap bar to practice holding the bar in a certain exercise pose for a long period of time such as a shoulder press and barbell row? Is that not the same as practicing resistance like with calisthenics

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Ok breh I’ll give it a shot :francis:

But I think I’ll still do weighted squats. Like that is the only excercise I’ll do with weights and the rest I’ll do calisthenics with. I just think dips and whatever else is too little to replace body weight squats but others can be done

do you got any tips on the reps? To gain more mass do you do higher reps or lower reps with calisthenics and what is considered lower and higher?

I do wonder about something though...as far as weights go, guys lift heavy but there is also carrying heavy and what if they use a trap bar to practice holding the bar in a certain exercise pose for a long period of time such as a shoulder press and barbell row? Is that not the same as practicing resistance like with calisthenics
Well holding the bar in a position wouldn’t create an eccentric or concentric motion it would be isometric. Concentric motions generally create power and eccentric generally damage the muscle to help create growth through repair. You would be better off varying your body weight reps to incorporate more of the eccentric and isometric portions IMO.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What do yall do for elbow pain? Im resting for the past 2 days cause i got soreness above my right elbow like lower tricep area