First look at Spike Lee's movie "Da 5 Bloods"

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
It was in the movie theaters for a hot second when it first dropped, used to come on cable a lot. Just like the movie Panther. But for whatever reason neither one ever got released on dvd.
Thats wild I’ll try to find it.

I definitely remember Panther being hard to find for years before streaming. Same with Rosewood.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Dope.

Bruh...The last black Vietnam war movie we got was back in 95' this shyt right here called The Walking Dead. Eddie Griffin was in it, Sharif from Menace, Bernie Mac, Allen Payne..STILL cant get this muthafukka on DVD, no torrents, files nothin....I dont think they even show it on TV.

I was telling somebody about this flick a few years ago, I watched it on VHS when it came out, nobody even talks about this movie though it's crazy :mindblown:

Daps
Book I'm reading right now, that I'm pretty sure Spike took some inspiration from when producing this. All interviews with Black soldiers in Vietnam. One of the stories was used to write Dead Presidents. Peep the Vietnam documentary on Netflix too if you're interested...wild shyt

https://www.wallaceterry.com/publications/bloods

thanks bro I just copped!

I love war stories from black POV.

I just read this:

Soul Patrol: The Riveting True Story of the First African American LRRP Team in Vietnam

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
Dope.

Bruh...The last black Vietnam war movie we got was back in 95' this shyt right here called The Walking Dead. Eddie Griffin was in it, Sharif from Menace, Bernie Mac, Allen Payne..STILL cant get this muthafukka on DVD, no torrents, files nothin....I dont think they even show it on TV.

Love this movie and all the different stories most underrated scene is when Joe Morton is in the bus station and his friend lays down the coins "They turned their backs on one of their own for freeing the slaves"

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
thanks bro I just copped!

I love war stories from black POV.

I just read this:

Soul Patrol: The Riveting True Story of the First African American LRRP Team in Vietnam

Adding it to the list. Good look :salute:

Last edited:

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
Love this movie and all the different stories most underrated scene is when Joe Morton is in the bus station and his friend lays down the coins "They turned their backs on one of their own for freeing the slaves"

Bruh....When Joe Morton and Eddie was in the helicopter at the end. He asked Eddie why? That response, that pound, and then the Marvin Gaye...One of the dopest scenes in film ever....and I ain't even exaggerating. I still remember cats in the movie theater standing clappin.

:mjcry::to::myman::wow::salute:

90s black cinema/tv shows still goat.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
looks interesting but the last time Spike Lee did a war movie i think it ended up centering around some white boy and magic or some weird shyt

its been a while since i saw it and the only thing i remember about it is that I was disappointed

Vodun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Prime creator
Book I'm reading right now, that I'm pretty sure Spike took some inspiration from when producing this. All interviews with Black soldiers in Vietnam. One of the stories was used to write Dead Presidents. Peep the Vietnam documentary on Netflix too if you're interested...wild shyt

https://www.wallaceterry.com/publications/bloods
Whats the documentary called?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
My granddad said that in the Pacific during WWII, Japanese soldiers would leak propaganda around the bases about racism going on back in the US. Some black soldiers deserted to the Axis. I can't find it now but I remember running across an article about black soldiers who joined the Japanese army, survived the war and and lived well in Japan.

This is true I was reading about this a few weeks ago