First look at Spike Lee's movie "Da 5 Bloods"

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This is true I was reading about this a few weeks ago

Damn I knew I had read it! I just can't remember where. It was like they were labeled as black samurais or something, receiving the title due to leaving the Allies.

My granddad didn't talk about WWII much. He did said for much of his time the black soldiers didn't receive weapons. They just ran ammo between bases and the front lines; which is probably why when you play a lot of WWII or military shooters, the black guy is often the ammo/field ops guy lol. He said they'd be in the base or at the front line watching the white soldiers get decimated. They did get to fight eventually though.

He also said the only time the white and black soldiers shared any true respect or solidarity was when FDR died. He said when they heard the news everybody cried, black and white.

b_b

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Chi-raq was really good and black kkklansmen was excellent

I been on the fence about watching blackkklansmen since I thought Chiraq was just aight. I'ma check it out tho good lookin

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Love this movie and all the different stories most underrated scene is when Joe Morton is in the bus station and his friend lays down the coins "They turned their backs on one of their own for freeing the slaves"

can back in to post your post :salute: I never forgot that scene