Fixed boxing matches and how they shaped the sport.........

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I know fix matches is kind of a gray area in the sport that usually don't get discussed because of the implications and later ramifications of those actions, but as a fan that whole Ali-Foreman liston era should have asterisk upon asterisk because at the the sport was dirty dirty and the mob had there hands on anything and everything.......Watch the Sonny Liston Doc Phantom Punch(although shytty fighting)and you will see this

Firstly according to that Phantom Punch doc, the Pat Patterson was the mobs guy, the mob told Liston manager to make sure Liston took a dive, because Patterson was the articulate, handsome brother, who they wanted to be the champ...Listen Mananger didnt tell him almost causing his manager to get killed expect he bet all the money on the underdog liston instead. It was showing after he won the title not one interviewer was outside of his dressing afterwards, that was a telling scene it showed that boxing was more than just about boxing and winning and losing. Liston wasnt wasnt the guy, I'm sure Liston then understood this.........

Then comes the Ali Liston Saga, a seemingly unmotivated Sonny takes a ass whipping then quits in his corner, maybe fukkery was invovled there who knows, I tell you what ALi was this handsome well spoken, articulate black man like Patterson was and Liston was not, Ali was also a 7-1 underdog, meaning someone got payed big time there whether fix or not. Now fast forward to fight 2 Liston clearly lays down from a punch that didnt land Ali refused to retreat to go to his corner and referee Joe Walcott did not begin the count. Liston rose after he had been down about twenty seconds, and the fight momentarily continued. But suddenly Walcott reversed himself and stopped the match, declaring Ali the winner by knockout. Vincent Kennedy McMahon himself couldn't of written any fukkery like that, and back to the Phantom punch doc, which didnt alluded to him fixing the Ali matches, but right after Ali they are begging him to fix more matches......

Now we are off Liston, and on to the GOAT Ali this well spoken educated handsome brother a guy these Mob folks liked to bet there money on, he was a great fighter, he took some ass whippings which others didnt get credit for, but as far as gauging his skill, at times something was off with my usual eye test, he seemingly got more credit and praise for his actual skill dictated, he got taken to distance by fighters supposed to not be in his league. Was he more a showman than a fighter(although very great fighter) in the ring, alot of fukkery took places in his match that wouldnt dare be tried in any other got damn boxing ring, putting on a actual show than fighting for instance

tumblr_mlwh4hIwIR1sp8g1bo1_500.gif

And especially the below, my eye test says these aint no real punches man, nobody can tell me otherwise
muhammad-ali.gif%3Fw%3D640

Was some of Ali matches fixed also ;one has to question, and where one should look.. to the the big matches and his biggest was vs Foreman, Foreman the Liston of his era that the whites aint like and the champ. At times during the Foreman match, Foreman can be seen putting his paw up almost telling Ali to brace up when he was about to wing a big wide slow shots, he threw pitty pat punches all night unlike the George that looked as if he was trying to chop down a tree with his fist..Anyway he takes relatively no punishment, then falls down from a weak ass ODH esqe flurry, doesn't really look that hurt him at all get up at 8 and the fight is waved off. Well watching Foreman his whole career that wasn't him Foreman done shook off far tougher shots as proven with the beaten he took vs Moore at 40+ and he aint lay down, why did Foreman concede laying down here. On top of this Foreman retires like a year later for still very much in his prime, did he get that cash out money or did he lose the passion for the sport knowing what he partook in........

IDK at lot of this is subjective, I dont believe everything Im spewing here but to ignore the mobs hold over the sport would be foolish....

How do yall feel about the Golden era and possible fixed matches???

How do yall fell about the Mobs hold over the Golden era as Boxing fans???

Feel free to post suspected fix matches and the ramifications of these matches also, discuss.............

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Pointless. ... None of it is provable
Actually Ali can be heard screaming at Liston telling him to get up and fight you bum no one would believe this ........

So Ali was very much in the know that a fix was taken place at the time.........

Are boxing fans gonna continue to ignore these things, I love the Golden era too; watching tapes with my pops made me get into boxing but facts is facts, no matter how hard the boxing public tries to hide them.....

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Actually Ali can be heard screaming at Liston telling him to get up and fight you bum no one would believe this ........

So Ali was very much in the know that a fix was taken place at the time.........

Are boxing fans gonna continue to ignore these things, I love the Golden era too; watching tapes with my pops made me get into boxing but facts is facts, no matter how hard the boxing public tries to hide them.....

STFU
:snooze:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Firstly according to that Phantom Punch doc, the Pat Patterson was the mobs guy, the mob told Liston manager to make sure Liston took a dive, because Patterson was the articulate, handsome brother, who they wanted to be the champ...Listen Mananger didnt tell him almost causing his manager to get killed expect he bet all the money on the underdog liston instead. It was showing after he won the title not one interviewer was outside of his dressing afterwards, that was a telling scene it showed that boxing was more than just about boxing and winning and losing. Liston wasnt wasnt the guy, I'm sure Liston then understood this.........
Pat Patterson was in on it too???

Do you know what that means, breh?!.............

1407328_o.gif

"IT was ME ALI!! It was ME ALL ALONG!!" :krs:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Pat Patterson was in on it too???

Do you know what that means, breh?!.............

1407328_o.gif

"IT was ME ALI!! It was ME ALL ALONG!!" :krs:
Yall are crazy:mjlol:

Sad shyt is we will never know what was real, and what was a work...........

yo moms

drunk
Daps
liston was owned by the mob and took a dive yes.

but you on some other shyt with those gifs. those were real punches :beli:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
liston was owned by the mob and took a dive yes.

but you on some other shyt with those gifs. those were real punches :beli:
Why no body shots, would you not have tried at least one, the body dont move:skip:

Keep ignoring shyt, the fakery and fukkery was very evident

yo moms

drunk
Daps
Why no body shots, would you not have tried at least one, the body dont move:skip:

Keep ignoring shyt, the fakery and fukkery was very evident

its easy to go headhunting when you not hitting shyt. plus those gifs were only like 2 seconds from a whole fight :beli:

STOP IT SLIME

mcellas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami
:heh: is this the movie yall talking about? I could barely get through the trailer this is horrible Ving Rhames is the king of low budget movies

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
its easy to go headhunting when you not hitting shyt. plus those gifs were only like 2 seconds from a whole fight :beli:

STOP IT SLIME
No it wasn't the whole fight, I'm just saying certain parts of those old matches was scripted on some WWE shyt.......As I said as great as a fighter Ali was, with the possibility of the mob dabbling in his matches, he knew how to sell a fix like none other, a great fighter and even better showman.....Now what did Ali scream to Listen once again after the obvious fix........

Ali knew of the dive he wanted to look superhuman and put on a show for the crowd......