Fixed boxing matches and how they shaped the sport.........

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
What trained boxer would have his opponent in the corner like

special-k-arms-wide-open.jpg

And not rip to the body?:stopitslime:

If breh was actually dead serious with that performance he does not deserve to box

Boxing isn't always taught the same way. {Christ pose}

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
:beli:

Say what y'all want but this is bullshyt:camby:

That weak zero commitment flurry. Completely ignoring a wide open body by an elite level bomb punching George Foreman:stopitslime:

clearly bullshyt:camby:
You calling bullshyt

1) Don't even realize that's not George Foreman (Where the fukk did you get that from?)
2) Not realizing it wasn't a serious fight

Get this entire post :camby:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
You calling bullshyt

1) Don't even realize that's not George Foreman (Where the fukk did you get that from?)
2) Not realizing it wasn't a serious fight

Get this entire post :camby:
Fukk is this shyt:lolbron:

Bottom line is Ali tried that shyt vs anybody professional or street fighter alike, they would have punched the soul out of his stomach, very rarely is a fighter gonna lift them hands and completely disregard the body, a pro would have ruptured his spleen......

yo moms

drunk
Daps
What trained boxer would have his opponent in the corner like

special-k-arms-wide-open.jpg

And not rip to the body?:stopitslime:

If breh was actually dead serious with that performance he does not deserve to box

have you ever been in a real fight? if someone offers their head like that damn sure you gonna try and take it.

yo moms

drunk
Daps
Doesnt changes shyt.....a street fighter would try at least one body shot

no. shyt theres a LOT of pros that rarely throw body punches. a street fighter would not try and throw body punches.

keep disrespecting the sport you fakkit. like you would ever have the balls to step in a ring. :childplease:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
no. shyt theres a LOT of pros that rarely throw body punches. a street fighter would not try and throw body punches.

keep disrespecting the sport you fakkit. like you would ever have the balls to step in a ring. :childplease:
Because going down stairs leaves you susceptible to head shots, and secondly the body is usually covered as the textbook fighter stands in a side way stance, but Ali was standing in the corner like Bynum in that NBA elite review video years back, lmao, in any real fight they would have caved his whole chest in :stopitslime:

yo moms

drunk
Daps
Because going down stairs leaves you susceptible to head shots, and secondly the body is usually covered as the textbook fighter stands in a side way stance, but Ali was standing in the corner like Bynum in that NBA elite review video years back, lmao, in any real fight they would have caved his whole chest in :stopitslime:

you ever seen ali fights or sparring? this nikka took the most hellacious body shots i ever seen without flinching. :damn:

you seen the larry holmes ali sparring footage. holmes used to whip him something terrible to the body :banderas:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
you ever seen ali fights or sparring? this nikka took the most hellacious body shots i ever seen without flinching. :damn:

you seen the larry holmes ali sparring footage. holmes used to whip him something terrible to the body :banderas:
Was ali doing this bullshyt in them sparring sessions....................Or was he sucking wind getting his ass whooped:stopitslime:

Thats all you fukking need to know:mjpls:

yo moms

drunk
Daps
Was ali doing this bullshyt in them sparring sessions....................Or was he sucking wind getting his ass whooped:stopitslime:

Thats all you fukking need to know:mjpls:

didnt you just read that that was an exhibition? :mjpls:

Daps
have you ever been in a real fight? if someone offers their head like that damn sure you gonna try and take it.

I box breh and digging into the body is always priority over headhunting.

You box so you should know this too.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
He was on to something with the Liston fight but the other shyt seems like a way to discredit Ali.
Naw, because if u acknowledge it with Patterson and Liston, one has too question this same fukkery with Ali..........

During that era, the mob simply had their guy that built and protected, and it aint like Ali came far after this era he fought in the midst of it, being how Ali was loved during the segregated times, one has to question was he one of those educated hand picked brothers that the mob chose to do their bidding for like Patterson and Liston...........

If I needed to discredit Ali, I'll simply make a Foreman vs Ali thread, this is a serious as topic on possible fixed matches, and mob involvement in the sport

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
i thought that mayweather vs de la hoya might have been fixed. that body shot that de la hoya took from hopkins was a fake and i never trusted de la hoya after that. the number 1 ppv fighter in boxing when mayweather fought de la hoya was de la hoya and he was getting old. nobody even really knew who floyd was yet back when he was just pretty boy floyd. the logical answer on a pure business standpoint is to have floyd beat oscar and get a bigger name to become the next number 1 ppv fighter in the sport when oscar was gone and when floyd beat oscar it was the start of the money mayweather era. when i saw the fight i thought it was strange that floyd had on those huge gloves i have never seen a fighter wear gloves that big they looked like 16 oz gloves. cleto reyes gloves arent even supposed to look like that they looked overly stuffed and too puffy to be reyes gloves. floyd still talks about how they forced him to wear pillows for that fight sometimes. if you put that together with oscar not really looking like he was trying to attack floyd in any meaningful way and floyd looking like he was not really trying to hurt or engage oscar the whole fight seemed fake. floyd had on the big soft gloves so he could hit oscar with some shots to make it look like he won the fight without having to hurt oscar. floyd wins the fight and boxing gets to have a new ppv star when oscar is gone.

Floyd+Mayweather+Jr+Junior+Middleweight+Championship+OqnuakUP3_Pl.jpg

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
i thought that mayweather vs de la hoya might have been fixed. that body shot that de la hoya took from hopkins was a fake and i never trusted de la hoya after that. the number 1 ppv fighter in boxing when mayweather fought de la hoya was de la hoya and he was getting old. nobody even really knew who floyd was yet back when he was just pretty boy floyd. the logical answer on a pure business standpoint is to have floyd beat oscar and get a bigger name to become the next number 1 ppv fighter in the sport when oscar was gone and when floyd beat oscar it was the start of the money mayweather era. when i saw the fight i thought it was strange that floyd had on those huge gloves i have never seen a fighter wear gloves that big they looked like 16 oz gloves. cleto reyes gloves arent even supposed to look like that they looked overly stuffed and too puffy to be reyes gloves. floyd still talks about how they forced him to wear pillows for that fight sometimes. if you put that together with oscar not really looking like he was trying to attack floyd in any meaningful way and floyd looking like he was not really trying to hurt or engage oscar the whole fight seemed fake. floyd had on the big soft gloves so he could hit oscar with some shots to make it look like he won the fight without having to hurt oscar. floyd wins the fight and boxing gets to have a new ppv star when oscar is gone.

Floyd+Mayweather+Jr+Junior+Middleweight+Championship+OqnuakUP3_Pl.jpg
Mayweather De LA Hoya wasn't fixed per say, but Mayweather walked him to the finish line, it was evident Oscar couldnt touch him in the middle of the ring, but lil Floyd in his 1st match at 154 sat on the ropes and allowed Oscar to look respectable.......I feel Mayweather took his foot of the gas, vs JMM and Cotto also

Not quite fixed, but I agree something was off there and Mayweather held his hands to the finish, May buckled him like 3-4 times and sat n the ropes like he did vs Cotto.......

Floyds gloves were unusually puffy for Reyes gloves....Putting your scenario and mine together Floyd carried Oscar purposelessly trying not to hurt him or knock him down, keeping luster on ODH for that rematch, which the boxing world turned it's nose up to......