Fixed boxing matches and how they shaped the sport.........

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
the thing about that fight though was that floyd had to win. for boxing to continue as a business floyd had to win. imagine floyd losing to oscar who was already on his way out and the money mayweather era in boxing never happening. floyd always says that 24/7 was his show but i dont think thats him just saying that it really was a show designed and produced for him it was a way to try to showcase and groom floyd mayweather as an icon and to be the next ppv star. they never pushed a fighter like that before to that extent remember that they always used to just do the countdown shows for everybody. thats because there was a lot more pressure this time to create a new number 1 ppv fighter in the sport because oscar was on his way out. floyd had to win that fight. there was no way floyd could lose to oscar it was something bigger than both of them. floyd wearing those big fake costume gloves solidifies all of that to me because that was a way for de la hoya to not have to get too hurt or damaged in the process. i dont think it was about a rematch because oscar was on his way out and the sport needed floyd to replace him regardess. and it all worked. everything they wanted to happen happened and the money mayweather era began. the rest is history.

sometimes i think the hopkins and taylor fights were fixed because of the way hopkins never really looked like he was trying against taylor it was just two strange looking fights to me like hopkins was purposely giving rounds away. hbo at that time was trying so hard to push jermain taylor as the next star in the sport and hopkins was considered to be on his way out. i cant prove those fights were fixed but it just never really looked right to me how they happened and the extra circumstances surrounding it with how hard hbo was trying to push taylor.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
the thing about that fight though was that floyd had to win. for boxing to continue as a business floyd had to win. imagine floyd losing to oscar who was already on his way out and the money mayweather era in boxing never happening. floyd always says that 24/7 was his show but i dont think thats him just saying that it really was a show designed and produced for him it was a way to try to showcase and groom floyd mayweather as an icon and to be the next ppv star. they never pushed a fighter like that before to that extent remember that they always used to just do the countdown shows for everybody. thats because there was a lot more pressure this time to create a new number 1 ppv fighter in the sport because oscar was on his way out. floyd had to win that fight. there was no way floyd could lose to oscar it was something bigger than both of them. floyd wearing those big fake costume gloves solidifies all of that to me because that was a way for de la hoya to not have to get too hurt or damaged in the process. i dont think it was about a rematch because oscar was on his way out and the sport needed floyd to replace him regardess. and it all worked. everything they wanted to happen happened and the money mayweather era began. the rest is history.

sometimes i think the hopkins and taylor fights were fixed because of the way hopkins never really looked like he was trying against taylor it was just two strange looking fights to me like hopkins was purposely giving rounds away. hbo at that time was trying so hard to push jermain taylor as the next star in the sport and hopkins was considered to be on his way out. i cant prove those fights were fixed but it just never really looked right to me how they happened and the extra circumstances surrounding it with how hard hbo was trying to push taylor.
Hopkins sleep walks the 1st 5 rounds vs Taylor fight one, gets robbbed ok it happens

He does the same shyt in fight 2, then turns on the switch in the second half of the fight once again:mindblown:

BHOP was a promoter at that point though post Oscar, and Taylor didnt quite pan out like they planned

If we talking about fixed matches why nobody aint bringing up Roy, that match with Glen Kelly was case and point to me:skip:

This shyt exist in the sport far more than we think and acknowledge

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Please explain

Joe's eye was shut and Ali was ready to quit in his corner, told his trainer he would quit if Joe didn't. Ali dominated the 13th and 14th but punched himself out and had nothing left for the 15th. Joe didn't want to quit but the doctor stopped the fight and Joe was furious (Ali fainted 10 seconds after the fight was called) and would not have been able to continue

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Joe's eye was shut and Ali was ready to quit in his corner, told his trainer he would quit if Joe didn't. Ali dominated the 13th and 14th but punched himself out and had nothing left for the 15th. Joe didn't want to quit but the doctor stopped the fight and Joe was furious (Ali fainted 10 seconds after the fight was called) and would not have been able to continue
Didnt think of this angle.....:patrice:

:ohhh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
:stopitslime: you do know joe frazier fought his entire pro career with one good eye? the eye that was closed was his good eye...the reason he was stopped was because he was getting hit flush and was not picking up the punches..ali is not a light puncher...round 14 was a savage beating..there's nothing wrong with that stoppage...that was a brutal fight

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:stopitslime: you do know joe frazier fought his entire pro career with one good eye? the eye that was closed was his good eye...the reason he was stopped was because he was getting hit flush and was not picking up the punches..ali is not a light puncher...round 14 was a savage beating..there's nothing wrong with that stoppage...that was a brutal fight

Did Ali pass out 10 seconds later or not? Was the eye not shut in the 13 round? and the 14th? no stoppage mid-round though.

The fight was definitely brutal but for both parties and the stoppage in and of itself is not the issue. Ali said he wanted to quit but the trainer stops Frazier...hmmmmmm (:wow: dat N.O.I. muscle)

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
So he stops vs Ali, after taking a beating all fight, coincidentally when Ali couldnt take anymore and wanted to quit.........

Its simply too many of these stories surrounding Ali.......Like I said Vince McMahon couldn't right this shyt up better himself

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Eh... Only reasons why I would dispute this is becuz of when he fought Pascal the first time the fight went the same way. Fight ended in a draw. Next time around he takes Pascal to the cleaners.
Was not BHOP knockdowns vs Pascal some of the most suspect knockdowns you ever seen.......Remember BHOP is a promoter

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
So he stops vs Ali, after taking a beating all fight, coincidentally when Ali couldnt take anymore and wanted to quit.........

Its simply too many of these stories surrounding Ali.......Like I said Vince McMahon couldn't right this shyt up better himself

i just dont get how you can see conspiracy with the thrilla in manila....those 2 slugged it out in 100 degree heat for 14 rounds....i would have imagined under those conditions if there was going to be some bullshyt it wouldn't have lasted that long lol...joe frazier was unable to see and was getting hit with brutal combinations...why wouldn't you not stop the fight? ali collapsing to the ground was simply because it was a brutal fight...ali is not the first fighter or the last fighter to collapse to the canvas after a fight is over..would it have mattered if frazier won? that fight finshed him