Floyd admits to being a boring fighter since 05

ChatGPT-4

Superstar
Daps
As far as KO's. Its plenty of fights I felt or thought he could've stopped a few fighters but he didn't

Some of those 12 round decisions could've been KO/TKO's:yeshrug:

But a win is a win:hubie:
I agree, but you can't say he was lacking in input, he always out threw and landed his opponents. Manny is known to be a work horse and he threw more and landed more than him, and he's the king of that shyt.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I've always seen the duality between Pretty Boy Floyd/Money Mayweather as the great tragedy of his career.

I mean could you imagine if Jordan's first 3 finals and first 9 years of his career were on tape delay and the average person only saw 96 through 98.........That's essentially what happened to Floyd Maywweather outside of hard core boxing fans. How many athletes can say they blew up and became a house hold name AFTER their prime/peak? To the general public Floyd Mayweather's career started at 154 vs Oscar De La Hoya and he's always been a potshotting defensive guru.

The style change is really Jordan in the 80s vs the 90s.......but his Floyd's biggest fights came after his prime was over.

That's tragic.

Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I agree, but you can't say he was lacking in input, he always out threw and landed his opponents. Manny is known to be a work horse and he threw more and landed more than him, and he's the king of that shyt.

It still was less punching output then it was when he was PBF. @AlbertPullhoez is correct in that assessment.

Just because you slow down a fight and neutralize some one else's normal output, like Floyd did Manny since that's a fight you referenced, that doesn't mean YOU have a high output. It just means you slowed down the pace to your speed, which was why Floyd was one of the greatest ever when it comes to ring generalship. Almost everyone he fought, they fought at the pace HE wanted them too instead of their normal pace, and that's what limited their punching output against soley him.

Floyd basically ran the Boxing version of the Mike Fratello offense and did it with huge success as Money Mayweather:yeshrug:

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
Floyd supporters must be going through a crisis hearing all of this unfiltered honesty from their savior...

All those years they spent telling people they "enjoyed his fights" and the fights were "worth the money" ...:ufdup:

And here Floyd is will nothing to promote and being honest saying "naw they were boring fights":mjgrin:

Musta crushed y'all souls...

Someone tag the Floyd fans so they can come in here and grab this L

12558778_530358337140546_1438899801_n.jpg

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
Floyd's not boring it's just that Floyd's so good that his fights are boring.

But that's not what Floyd said.:usure:..He said that he made the fights boring BC he has been fallen off since 05 and could no longer go toe to toe.

Stop making up your own reasoning for those boring ass over priced fights and watch the video again...:mjgrin:

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
He always admitted that his health and getting the wins trump the entertainemnt of the viewers so nothing really new... :manny:
False..

Part of Floyd's pre fight promotional tour marketing tools was to provide "excitement"

I've literally heard him say this at least a dozen times in pre fight interviews

Not one time have I ever heard Floyd promote a fight saying "y'all can expect a boring fight on Saturday Night"

Just stop:mjlol:

Here you go:francis:

il_570xN.1040844390_qjyr.jpg

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
But that's not what Floyd said.:usure:..He said that he made the fights boring BC he has been fallen off since 05 and could no longer go toe to toe.

Stop making up your own reasoning for those boring ass over priced fights and watch the video again...:mjgrin:

Idk what the hell that means. Couldn't go toe to toe? He never left the pocket :dwillhuh:

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
Idk what the hell that means. Couldn't go toe to toe? He never left the pocket :dwillhuh:
Delusional

I can pull up multiple post fight interviews where the opponent leaves the fight feeling like

And if you actually WATCH his fights Floyd spends most of the rounds running away instead of going to toe toe..

And this is against sub par hand picked opponents :deadmanny:

I didn't forget you bro....here you go

L
OuLpbJI.jpg

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
False..

Part of Floyd's pre fight promotional tour marketing tools was to provide "excitement"

I've literally heard him say this at least a dozen times in pre fight interviews

Not one time have I ever heard Floyd promote a fight saying "y'all can expect a boring fight on Saturday Night"

This picture and the finger pointing:russ::russ::dead::dead::dead:

• Dap
Reactions: MGM

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
False..

when a dude who I never ever seen in the OG thread comes in trying to educate me from Mayweather. Gotta love it.
If you would be the part of the daily convos about the sport instead of just dropping by for a good trolling then you'd know that I'm not even a big Floyd fan so you can't handle me no Ls because Floyd said this and that and you would also know that he repeated like a million times that he takes no unnecesarry risk cause his health and to secure the win is more important.

Did he say the viewers can expect an exciting fight? :ohhh: No shyt... He didn't try to sell his fights with "I'm gonna whitewash this dude and I won't engage"? wow... what a b*stard... :dame:
What a fighter tells in the promo of his upcoming fight is 99% hype, promo, etc... how you wanna hold responsible someone for that... :comeon: if you take every fighter by their pre fight promises you get almost nothing but frauds. :pachaha:
basically almost every fighter promises a spectacular KO win... out of actual fighting basically that's their job... to sell it.

Mayweather was a smart as fukk businessman/marketing man though cause even though after a point everybody knew he won't produce brawls and thrilling shootouts in the ring they still bought his fights cause of Mayweather out of ring media personality and that because the majority of the buyers wanted to see him lose over and over again.
A big part of Mayweather's pre fight marketing wasn't even to picture himself as some brawler but to big up the opponent and make all the casuals believe that the next guy gonna be the ONE they been waiting for so long, the one who beat him. But it never happened and they bought in over and over again.