Floyd Mayweather defends AB from criticism from Floyd Sr. once again: "My Dad was never a Champion"

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Whether you think Floyd is being disrespectful towards his father or not, he's right.

At the end of the day Sr is the last person that should be throwing stones at anybody, with that glass house he lives in. Floyd Sr has always overrated himself based on the talents and accomplishments of his son. He was not a very good fighter (as Floyd lowkey pointed out) and he's not that good of a trainer either. I can't think of anybody that Sr has trained that went to the top or resurrected their careers when they hooked up with him. He's always popping shyt like he's a great trainer and like he made Floyd Jr. If anybody deserves the credit, it's Uncle Roger. Why do you think Floyd never goes at his Uncle? Because Roger was with Floyd from the beginning, back when he won his 1st title. Plus he was a former champion and a successful fighter in his own right. And for all the shyt he talks, Roger never seeks out the cameras (if anything they seek out him because they know he's entertaining and funny as hell, and keeps it real). Floyd's dad is always running around seeking/begging for attention from the media. Mainly because he never got it in his career as a fighter, or even a trainer. So he's using using his opportunity now to hog the spotlight. How many times have we seen Sr inject himself into the spotlight and try to make things all about him? Looking back, why do you think they put a muzzle on him during all those press conferences leading up to the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight?

I can see why Floyd Jr. gets annoyed at Sr. Really he has every right to be. He has the burden of carrying his father's name, a father who has done nothing but ride the coattails of his son's success. If Floyd Jr didn't have his father's name, Sr would be completely irrelevant.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When it comes to boxing, the father(trainer) and son(fighter) relationship doesn't always work out.

Didn't shane mosley and roy jones have beef with their fathers?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
We acting like Floyd Sr wouldn't be a champ in this struggle era :cmsas2:

The 28 wins on his resume came against opponents who's record was a combined 212-287 at the time of their fights.....and he only beat 11 fighters who had more wins than losses in his 35 fight career:sas1:

He was a bum:sas2:

Manny Pac

Rookie
Daps
Floyd didn't get over the fact that his pops berated him as "fighting scared" against Manny. That cut Floyd Jr. deep, real deep. I honestly think after Floyd had a chance to assess everything, those words , the way pops yelled at him in the corner, hurt him. It took their relationship down a few notches.
:dead:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hopefully we never see broner fighting on free tv again

now thurman

:win:

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
adrien berto will continue to get big pbc cards cause hes a good way to build other stars when they beat him:yeshrug:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Floyd didn't get over the fact that his pops berated him as "fighting scared" against Manny. That cut Floyd Jr. deep, real deep. I honestly think after Floyd had a chance to assess everything, those words , the way pops yelled at him in the corner, hurt him. It took their relationship down a few notches.
Your overeacting fam
I don't think it's strictly about business or the pacquaio fight
Check floyds fight hype Interview after maidana beat broner.
He pretty much said the same thing
While most people were clowning on broner floyd defended him 100 percent and said his pops was being negative and was in no position to clown on Broner
he really sees broner as a little brother and gets offended when people talk bad about him. Say what you want about floyd but he's not one to fall into the hype. He looks out for his people's and defends them when he can. He just don't want to be around negative energy