Floyd tweets he's fighting canelo in September

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
this post on boxing scene crushed all catchweight detractors and blasted pacs entire run

feel the ether in this post

Originally Posted by BennyST View Post
I dont think anyone is completely ok with it. But pretending it's going to make any difference to the fight is like Floyd fans pretending it made any difference to the Cotto/Pac fight.

It didn't, and it wont for this either.

The only real issue in this is for some pathetic superiority motive to pretend Pac is more legit and Floyd is his usual fake self. It's just typical politics. In other words, bull****.

The fact that he's taking on Canelo at all is greater than anything Pac has done, arguably since Barrera 1 or moving up to fight Cotto, at a catchweight, or Bradley, at seven pounds higher than Bradley fought at.

Unless people forget a few important facts here: All of Pac's greatest wins in nearly the last decade and the stuff that made his legacy as an ATG has come at catchweights or weights that people hadn't fought at comfortably ever, or in years.

Oscar: hadn't fought at 147 in nearly a decade.
Marquez: first (ie. their 3rd fight) fought at a catchtweight, then fought at a weight he'd only fought at once and lost horribly, then making him come up to the full division limit because of it.
Cotto: fought at a catchweight for Cotto's title two pounds under the limit.
Morales: wanted to fight above 130 as he'd been struggling to make the limit and said it would have too much of an effect on him.
Bradley: made Bradley come up 7 pounds to fight him at 147, despite making Cotto come down 2 pounds to 145 to fight him for the same title, or making Marquez come up 9 and 12 respectively.
Margarito: Pac winning a 154 pound title at 150, against an untitled, should-have-been-unranked-Margarito coming down to a weight he clearly couldn't make healthily anymore and obviously couldn't fight at.

Rios; Pac's latest fight: making Rios jump up another 7 pounds, despite only just moving up to 140 two fights ago. No one is saying anything about this at all, let alone a million page thread full of nothing but hate and accusations.

Come on guys! Get over yourselves. You argued black and blue saying it was only fair then, all of you, now that someone you hate is doing it for only the second time, you're acting as if the world is ending despite your hero having done it constantly.

Any Floyd fan thinking it is completely ok is idiotic, but any Pac fan arguing against it is even worse and the most hypocritical POS, fake, retarded ****er going around.

It's what Pac made a career of doing in the last decade, so get the **** over it real quick like. It's no different than Pac/Cotto and no one pretends that was anything other than what it ended up as.

Also, unless you forgot, Canelo has actually fought under and around 152 a lot recently so 152 is not only fine, but is nothing new at all.

He fought Baldomir at 150, Hatton at 151, Trout at 153.5, Gomez at 153.5, and more.

In fact, Alvarez's average since 2010 or so is probably right around 152. Cotto's wasn't. Let it go people. It's the biggest fight in boxing right now, don't ruin with unjustified rubbish, especially when it's actually highly hypocritical.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Homie chek the ring website

Boxing Ratings | RingTV

alvarez is champ. Gawdweather is basically gonna take on the jr middleweight king. if he wins, hes undisputed in both division

my lord.

thats only the ring ratings...someone has to beat all the champs in that division to get lineal claim..there hasn't been a lineal champ at 154 since winky wright held the wbc, wba, and ibf belts and eventually stripped of all of them without losing them in the ring or losing another 154 fight

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Canelo talking like he's got this in the bag is some funny shyt....this is it..the best fight Floyd could take after Manny's implosion. This cat is supposed to be 170 on fight now too...should be intriguing.

SudanKingRiak

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This will be a very tough fight for Floyd. I don't understand why Floyd would go back up to 154 after it's been shown that he has trouble fighting there. This isn't :flabbynsick: De la hoya or over-the-hill Cotto. Plus this kid is going to come into the ring huge.

I really don't understand Floyd. He has nothing to prove, and yet he's going out his way to fight these guys like his legacy isn't cemented.

shut yo dumb , ol i dont want floyd to fight the best and risk losing ass up. when you the best you fight the best you fxckin punk.

Prado210

She's into malaka's, dino.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gonna be a good fight. Canelo has lots of power. If he want's to beat Floyd, he's gonna have do all his work while he has him on the ropes. If he can't get Floyd on the ropes and is forced to fight in the middle of the ring, Floyd wins this easily with a unanimous decision.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
thats only the ring ratings...someone has to beat all the champs in that division to get lineal claim..there hasn't been a lineal champ at 154 since winky wright held the wbc, wba, and ibf belts and eventually stripped of all of them without losing them in the ring or losing another 154 fight

the ring is the only governing body that has a formula. sometimes i dont agree with them, but they say it and thats what it is.

mayweather is linear champ at 147 and canelo is at 154. you can dispute it, but the ring is awknowledged as the gatekeepers of linear champs.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
This fight will do big numbers, I've already had a bunch of people text me and post about it on Facebook that are the most casual of combat sports fans.

This fight is definitely gonna do a big number..you can feel the energy...you KNOW everyone is gonna watch it.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
the ring is the only governing body that has a formula. sometimes i dont agree with them, but they say it and thats what it is.

mayweather is linear champ at 147 and canelo is at 154. you can dispute it, but the ring is awknowledged as the gatekeepers of linear champs.

147 lineage is clear yes...now if saul beats floyd and can beat whoever the winner of ishe smith-carlos molina..then he has the lineal claim to me

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Good shyt even though the 152lb catch weight does put a slight damper on it. Mayweather was going to have to fight this guy eventually(assuming Canelo would've kept winning) so he might as well take him now vs later. I got PBF by UD but this will be a tough fight for him simply because this guy is much bigger and stronger. Still, I'd rather see this fight at the full JMW limit. fukk a catch weight.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
People are really underestimating the progression of Canelo as a boxer. Lol. Do thing that Trout fight taught me was that he's defensively capable. He impressed me with how good he was defensively.

My only problem with him is that he takes rounds off. That's why I don't think it will be as great a fight as people expect.