Floyd tweets he's fighting canelo in September

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's no rehydration clause so Canelo gonna be 175 on fight night, The Money Team fears no man :blessed:

That's what im saying . He'll be fine on fight day . I think it's just a bone to show that Floyd is the bigger name :win: I mean canelo is coming in at 170+ no matter what

Gravity

Banned
Daps
People are really underestimating the progression of Canelo as a boxer. Lol. Do thing that Trout fight taught me was that he's defensively capable. He impressed me with how good he was defensively.

My only problem with him is that he takes rounds off. That's why I don't think it will be as great a fight as people expect.
Canelo's defense was noticeably better against Trout but that's not saying too much because his defense is still subpar, average at best. Trout is a basic offensive fighter and he still managed to hit Canelo more than Canelo hit him. Not only does Canelo take rounds off but he he's not really a pressure fighter who's skilled at cutting off the ring.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Article Link - Mayweather-Canelo: Saul Says Both Sides Budged on Weight - Boxing News
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Many fans have centered their attention on the contracted weight for the junior middleweight clash between Floyd Mayweather Jr. (42-0, 26KOs) and WBC/WBA/Ring champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (44-0-1, 30KOs), taking place on September 14th and live on Showtime Pay-Per-View from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The two boxers will battle at 152-pounds, two pounds below the junior middleweight limit of 154.

Before the deal got finalized, there were several stories regarding the weight. Mayweather allegedly demanded a weight closer to the welterweight limit of 147, and Canelo wanted their match at 154. There was some concern from Mayweather camp members, as Canelo rehydrates to 170-pounds or more on fight night. In the end the Mexican superstar says both boxers budged from their positions to reach an agreed-upon weight.

"Things are happening as I expected. This is the fight that I wanted, and now I have it. This is for all Mexicans and my fans around the world. The fight is happening at 152 and that's fine. I'll have to work a little harder, but I feel that I can make the weight and I'll still be strong. [To make the fight] I had to give a little [on the weight], and he had to give a little too. It was fair and I feel that both parties are happy. He fought at 154 pounds before, but he wanted [152 for this fight] and I accepted. He gave a little, and I gave in a little, and now we're going to fight," Canelo said.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Canelo's defense was noticeably better against Trout but that's not saying too much because his defense is still subpar, average at best. Trout is a basic offensive fighter and he still managed to hit Canelo more than Canelo hit him. Not only does Canelo take rounds off but he he's not really a pressure fighter who's skilled at cutting off the ring.

I disagree a little. I think he does a very good job if cutting off the ring. When Lopez tried to run ( :heh: ) Canelo was there in his face destroying his body. The only thing I don't like is that he doesn't pressure and will take rounds off. And that's only really happened these last two fight becuz he was in Shane's face the entire fight.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree a little. I think he does a very good job if cutting off the ring. When Lopez tried to run ( :heh: ) Canelo was there in his face destroying his body. The only thing I don't like is that he doesn't pressure and will take rounds off. And that's only really happened these last two fight becuz he was in Shane's face the entire fight.

He needs to realize that Floyd hits harder than he looks due to his accuracy , it seems like fighters starting feeling those combos and are like :whoa: I didn't know it was like that . Ortiz looked like he figured I'm bigger stronger I got this ill pressure him than was all frustrated once he couldn't pressure him and Floyd kept taggin him like :sadcam:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
9C64qXY.png

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Nah, actually he doesn't. Beating up on the much smaller Lopez doesn't really count imo. Shane was able to make it the distance in their fight because he doesn't reall cut the ring off well. He did a poor job of this in the Trout fight too. He got by Trout because of he landed the bigger shots.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
" catch weight means that even after the weigh in, that canelo can't all of a sudden try to bulk back up . He has to stay at 152 all the way up till fight time. So This is a Bigger Advantage for the Smaller Floyd" Skip Bayless

IS This nikka on Crack:laff:
he on national television bragging about covering boxing since the thrilla in manila days and that's his definition of a catch weight?:laff:

these pactards i tell you..:skip:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
" catch weight means that even after the weigh in, that canelo can't all of a sudden try to bulk back up . He has to stay at 152 all the way up till fight time. So This is a Bigger Advantage for the Smaller Floyd" Skip Bayless

IS This nikka on Crack:laff:
he on national television bragging about covering boxing since the thrilla in manila days and that's his definition of a catch weight?:laff:

these pactards i tell you..:skip:
I wont even shyt on Pactards on that, :skip: dont know shyt about boxing.