Floyd tweets he's fighting canelo in September

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Canelo aint a bum, but no way he's smart or savvy enough to beat the gawd. He literally only has a punches chance and catches pbf with one.

KingJudah

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tilden
Canelo is a legit two weight classes above floyd so how is a CW a punk move

some of yall ni99as is just straight short bus

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I hope this isnt a roy jones jr moment :lupe:

No, Tarver was better compared to Roy than Canelo is for Floyd. Outside of a puncher's chance, Canelo doesn't have the skills to beat Floyd. When Roger was in charge of Floyd, I might have thought about it but with Senior back in the corner and seeing what happened to Guerrero and how great Floyd looked bouncing around the ring, I'm confident in a 9-3 showing here for Floyd. Dominant 12 round victory.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
It makes the most sense though. We don't know how long its gonna take for Canelo to be "ready". Who the hell wants to wait until that happens.

But the time that wait is over, Floyd will probably either be done or a shell of his former self.

This fight has to happen now.

It does have to happen now but not for the reasons you're giving. Two weeks ago Dan Rafael was saying that he wasn't sure that the Guerrero fight would do 1 mil in buys. Last I check it hit a Lil above a mil. Showtime was expecting 1.6-1.7 mil. They have to make that money up and they want to do it fast. So that's why this fight is happening now.

The killer part to this is the possibility that he beats Canelo and there is still no welterweight after that to challenge him.

The best thing that could happen is that Canelo go in there, kick his ass, and Floyd demand a rematch. Win the rematch and we have a rubber match. Showtime could make so much money if that happens.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

I see what you're saying and I don't have a problem with it at all but the argument could be made that Golden Boy, Clottey, Mararito, and Cotto were all legitimately bigger than Pac.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

they both hold belts in the same division...that's the bottom line reason...how many times is that going to be said..that's why ppl are shytting on the catchweight lol

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
It does have to happen now but not for the reasons you're giving. Two weeks ago Dan Rafael was saying that he wasn't sure that the Guerrero fight would do 1 mil in buys. Last I check it hit a Lil above a mil. Showtime was expecting 1.6-1.7 mil. They have to make that money up and they want to do it fast. So that's why this fight is happening now.

The killer part to this is the possibility that he beats Canelo and there is still no welterweight after that to challenge him.

The best thing that could happen is that Canelo go in there, kick his ass, and Floyd demand a rematch. Win the rematch and we have a rubber match. Showtime could make so much money if that happens.

Floyd's 0>>>>>>>>>>>>Any amount of money that Floyd cares to make. He covets the zero more than anything. That's why I know he won't subscribe to that line of thinking. He's going to go in there to embarrass Canelo by basically saying that this is the boogeyman that I was supposedly scared of and I waxed his ass for twelve rounds. After that, he will coast for the next four fights against hopeless 147lbers.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I don't see them robbing Mayweather cuz I seriously doubt that Canelo can outbox him for 12 rounds. The only way he will beat him is to catch him cold with a punch similar to what Mosley did. But in the end I am almost sure that Floyd will box his way to another decisive decision victory. Even if Canelo loses he will still be a viable PPV fighter for Goldenboy as long as he puts up a decent fight.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Floyd's 0>>>>>>>>>>>>Any amount of money that Floyd cares to make. He covets the zero more than anything. That's why I know he won't subscribe to that line of thinking. He's going to go in there to embarrass Canelo by basically saying that this is the boogeyman that I was supposedly scared of and I waxed his ass for twelve rounds. After that, he will coast for the next four fights against hopeless 147lbers.

I'm saying that he should lose on purpose. I'm not into that. Maybe I worded it wrong. I should have said the best thing for Showtime would be for them to have a rubber match type deal.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
its for 4 belts. Canelo's WBC, WBA, and Ring. Floyd is putting up his WBA Super Champion belt that he won from Cotto.

How is there two WBA Junior Middleweight champions? School me.

Mexican drunken bar fights.

:pachaha:

he turned pro at 15...apparently they still do that in mexico :smh:...the thing with fighters who turn pro that early is they burn out by, at the latest, their early 30s...look at morales, barrera, castillo...good examples..they debuted in their teens...they were done as elite fighters by their early 30s

Leave the god Barrera out of this :birdman:

Can someone please link me to that thread with the guy dancing outside of his truck to this song :laff:

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Stannery at its finest

You forget it was dlh who asked manny to come up it was dlh who said 147 cause he knew anyhing higher would be looked at as unfair

Manny did the same thing to cotto that floyd doing to canelo aint nothing wrong wit it as long as both partiea agree

It was a bs agrument when ppl that hated manny were talking all that bs about catch weights and its bs now

It cant be manny did it for no reason but floyd has a good reason there doing he same thing

stannerry at its finest

Mann6 fought hatton at 140 wtf r u talking about

Nah, this is different. :shaq: