For brehs planning to or on the fence about getting married...

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Marriage is a wealth building tool and the agreement to marry should be based on such. If you're marrying based solely on love, god bless your heart. If you're in a long term association and got the love, communication, compromise, cohabitation, etc parts out of the way, might as well get married. If you're still struggling in those regards, don't.

This.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Getting married with a prenup is like jumping out of space to land on earth with a parachute. Sure the parachute might help. But why do it in the first place?

From your perspective, different folks have different reasons for getting married. I’m not getting into that and don’t care about anyone’s specific reasoning....

plus what type of dumbass logic is this? Is some protection better than none or nah....

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
I worked too hard to make what I make for me to get married to anyone. I am debt free, focusing on maximizes my 401K, savings and now getting into investing. Heck I am trying to get another tech job so I can finesse more money. No way in hell, I am putting my hard work on the line signing some dumb ass legal papers. Only way I am marrying any woman is if she is makes just as much if not more and financially responsible.
I have seen it at work, men having to start all over, living in apartment because of a divorce. f that. Ideally I want my kids raise in a marriage but that woman will be just as driven as me.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Getting married with a prenup is like jumping out of space to land on earth with a parachute. Sure the parachute might help. But why do it in the first place?
Because the best time to talk about splitting assets is at the peak of the relationship. Both are in a good space, actually like each other and it's a greater possibility to be fair.

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
You got to seek out equally yoked individuals.

The person you are in a relationship has to have as much to lose as you do and their hustle, ambition, and assets need to be similar as well.

A lot of men see a woman they are attracted to and want to sleep with and simply give her the world, but you have to look at the ambition, hustle, character, how she treats you when she's pissed off and all of that. It will tell you a lot about what they would do if certain aspects of the relationship went south or if you all parted ways.

Most women are smarter than men in that they will chose a partner that can possibly bring other things to the table besides a warm body to sleep with. Most men don't really look to far past the surface, but then they wonder why they end up miserable and having to forfeit half of their assets later on.

This so much. A pretty face, phat ass and titties can't be the only qualities you look for in a woman. Does she respect you? Does she think she can do better than you? Is she feminine? Does she use sex as a bargaining chip? Is she cooperative? These are much more important questions that need to be asked.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marriage is a wealth building tool and the agreement to marry should be based on such. If you're marrying based solely on love, god bless your heart. If you're in a long term association and got the love, communication, compromise, cohabitation, etc parts out of the way, might as well get married. If you're still struggling in those regards, don't.
This is not a smart way to move

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is not a smart way to move

We can agree to disagree. I think being in a long term relationship and having to perform similar actions as a marriage with none of the financial benefits, is a waste of time. Be single. I'm not going to act like a wife, but still paying single rate for my car insurance :heh:

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
Do you have to put your 401(k) in an irrevocable trust. And the person who gets the trust is you

Crude

Superstar
Daps
This so much. A pretty face, phat ass and titties can't be the only qualities you look for in a woman. Does she respect you? Does she think she can do better than you? Is she feminine? Does she use sex as a bargaining chip? Is she cooperative? These are much more important questions that need to be asked.
Fellas should ask themselves all this.

Prior to meeting my wife, there were some situations I had to move on from when I did a cost benefit analysis.

Last edited:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Most women are smarter than men in that they will chose a partner that can possibly bring other things to the table besides a warm body to sleep with. Most men don't really look to far past the surface, but then they wonder why they end up miserable and having to forfeit half of their assets later on.
Major

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From your perspective, different folks have different reasons for getting married. I’m not getting into that and don’t care about anyone’s specific reasoning....

plus what type of dumbass logic is this? Is some protection better than none or nah....
but that's pretty much what i said

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We can agree to disagree. I think being in a long term relationship and having to perform similar actions as a marriage with none of the financial benefits, is a waste of time. Be single. I'm not going to act like a wife, but still paying single rate for my car insurance :heh:
Thought u were a guy. But ur post makes sense from a woman’s perspective. U have everything to gain.

for men, it really just boils down to this:

how do u feel about having money being forcefully taken outta your hands to be given to another person?

the way u feel about that should dictate how U move.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the only reason u as a man should be getting married is if the woman is financially better off than you. Not equally yoked either. She has to be better than u financially. Ignore this warning at ur own peril.