For brehs planning to or on the fence about getting married...

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Analogy makes no sense. It's insurance more than anything else. You don't get car insurance because you're planning to get in a car crash. You get it for the just in case scenario.

divorce rate is like 50% the average person is less than 12% likely to ever get in an accident....

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
When my parents divorced my mom was awarded half of my dad's retirement. I don't know all the details but he withdrew his entire retirement and blew through it before my mom got her share. nikka didn't pay no child support either:francis:

I got blessed and married up. I'm a kept man:takedat:

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
If you only do one thing, make sure you protect your retirement plans and yes you can protect that in a prenup...

like I told y’all before, I work with a bunch of boomers and the horror stories with broads taking half these dudes pensions and 401ks. fukk houses and whatever else, we talking about 100s of thousands of dollars, maybe millions depending on how you invested, that you yourself earned from that no one should get any part of.

I know old :flabbynsick: dudes that’s either working until “they die” ( their own words ) or staying married to broads they don’t like only because they don’t want to split that retirement. Dudes that have to pay alimony and half of whatever they get from retirement to an ex and that’s on top of whatever else they lost...

Y’all see these rich bozos loosing bread in divorces, who gives af because they’re still most like rich and can make more bread irregardless...imagine being in your 60s or close to it and loosing half of some shyt you worked your whole working life to earn...

And if the broad has a problem with you protecting that then she ain’t the one anyone so you did yourself a favor. Unless she shooting with you in the gym then that’s one benefit that you need to protect at all costs. Could make the difference between your golden years bein broke tin foil struggle years on top of the fact you already old and :flabbynsick:

Just zuzus and wam wams for thought...:francis:
Prenups don't mean shyt anymore. They get thrown out in court depending on the judge nowadays :yeshrug:

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I worked too hard to make what I make for me to get married to anyone. I am debt free, focusing on maximizes my 401K, savings and now getting into investing. Heck I am trying to get another tech job so I can finesse more money. No way in hell, I am putting my hard work on the line signing some dumb ass legal papers. Only way I am marrying any woman is if she is makes just as much if not more and financially responsible.
I have seen it at work, men having to start all over, living in apartment because of a divorce. f that. Ideally I want my kids raise in a marriage but that woman will be just as driven as me.
When I first got out the military I needed a place to stay at while I was house hunting in silicon valley. I ended up finding a place and had a roommate who was getting cleaned out by his wife. They had been married for 20 years and she was divorcing him for "irreconcilable differences" :mjlol:. Dude makes a lot of money as a software developer but his lifestyle got flipped upside down after the divorce:francis:. He was always on zoom talking about "I don't know what my purpose in life is anymore" during the divorced people zoom meetings they had:russ:.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Agreed ur planning for the disaster ending,why not just avoid the ending and not get married...
Exactly. Till this day I don't get why people are so eager to get married when the divorce rate is 50%:russ:. Maybe it's because I'm young but, shyt seems foolish and a lot of these oldheads taking an L as a result:francis:.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
marriage is a scam top to bottom,
yeah you lose a shytload in divorces, but you also get tax breaks and shyt like that

marriage/starting a family is incentivized by the state because the state needs citizens in the future, mostly so they can exploit them for tax dollars that they misallocate.

it's a fukkin racket

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. Till this day I don't get why people are so eager to get married when the divorce rate is 50%:russ:. Maybe it's because I'm young but, shyt seems foolish and a lot of these oldheads taking an L as a result:francis:.
A lot of people get talked into it by their family. U gotta be stubborn and damn near arrogant to be able to dismiss ur loved ones telling u you’re getting old now. Get a wife, have children. My response is, are any of u gonna share the risks with me? Lol of course not.

people can change on u. Which is why the best bet is to get someone richer than u. If they change on that’s ok. They not gonna be taking u to court for anything.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
A lot of people get talked into it by their family. U gotta be stubborn and damn near arrogant to be able to dismiss ur loved ones telling u you’re getting old now. Get a wife, have children. My response is, are any of u gonna share the risks with me? Lol of course not.

people can change on u. Which is why the best bet is to get someone richer than u. If they change on that’s ok. They not gonna be taking u to court for anything.
My parents ask me about marriage all the time and once even tried to set me up with a chick straight from Congo. I let them know that I'm "still searching" and that's that:yeshrug:.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thought u were a guy. But ur post makes sense from a woman’s perspective. U have everything to gain.

for men, it really just boils down to this:

how do u feel about having money being forcefully taken outta your hands to be given to another person?

the way u feel about that should dictate how U move.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the only reason u as a man should be getting married is if the woman is financially better off than you. Not equally yoked either. She has to be better than u financially. Ignore this warning at ur own peril.

I'm not naive to how looks play a part in the "quality" of man you can attract and in the general case of a woman that's a man with more than them. However, in my experience the level of men I can attract usually have just as much as I do or maybe less in terms of assets. So it's not a realistic scenario for me being with a guy playing this traditional provider role where I'd be granted all this money if it ended. Keep what we had and split what we made together :manny: