For the Vacant WW Title: Official UFC 171- Hendricks vs Lawler Thread

Who will be crowned the new WW champion?

• Total voters

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
Matt Brown is booked for a UFN with Erik Silva :blessed: he's probably 2 wins away himself.

Stun Gun in that same Matt Brown area.

Woodley seems like the only legit pick for the title shot but I'd still be :patrice: on him getting the look. Hopefully Nick Diaz can talk his way into the next shot. Then you can slate the next batch of fights

Rory vs Lombard
Stun Gun vs Woodley
Matt Brown/E. Silva vs Robby
Diaz vs Hendricks :jawalrus:
i hope erik silva gets his shyt together because he's animal, id love to see the strap on him but he needs a streak

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Why are people throwing out names like Matt Brown, Erick Silva and DHK for a title shot. None of them have a top 10 win. The next should be to either Lombard or Woodley.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Canada has NO star anymore. They're aren't going to lose one of their biggest markets. They have a Vancouver show coming up with ZERO stars. Sucks but it's true.

Rory was just on twitter trying to campaign for that june vancouver show lol

semtex

:)
Daps
Why are people throwing out names like Matt Brown, Erick Silva and DHK for a title shot. None of them have a top 10 win. The next should be to either Lombard or Woodley.
Fear of the black excellence :wow:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Card overall was kind of meh. And this was shaping up to be a monster on paper. The prelims clearly stole the show

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
I enjoyed the card, none of the fights were that bad and we had some really great fights (Story/Gastelum, Hendricks/Lawler, etc)

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
This nikka Hendricks shoulda lost..what a poor showing

- All 3 judges had it for Hendricks.
- 15 out of 16 media outlets/reporters had it for Hendricks.

MEDIA SCORES
Adam Martin
MMAOddsbreaker.com48-47Hendricks
Jesse Holland
MMAMania.com48-47Hendricks
MMAWeekly.com48-47Hendricks
Chuck Mindenhall
MMAFighting.com48-47Hendricks
Craig Amos
BleacherReport.com48-47Hendricks
MMAJunkie.com48-47Hendricks
Chris Nelson
Sherdog.com48-47Hendricks
TJ DeSantis
Jordan Breen
Tim Burke
BloodyElbow.com48-47Hendricks
SevereMMA.com48-47Hendricks
Mookie Alexander
BloodyElbow.com48-47Hendricks
Jason Floyd
TheMMAReport.com48-47Hendricks
John Pollock
Fight Network48-47Hendricks
MMABrasil.com.br48-47Hendricks
Chase Raymond
BJPenn.com47-48Lawler

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Great main event fight. I had it 48-47 Lawler (1,3,4 Lawler- 2,5 Hendricks)

Basically, the 1st round was the fight. As some said earlier, I think takedowns are overvalued in MMA, especially when nothing is done after them. I think takedown stuffs should be rewarded as well, and Lawler went 4/4 in takedown stuffs in that 1st round.

Also, Hendricks had 2 big things in his favor for a decision- he was in his hometown, and a big part of the public thought he beat GSP in the last fight anyway. Lawler had no shot in a close decision.

Oh well. Hendricks is a great fighter, but the Welterweight belt could be switching hands alot in the next few years. That's a good thing for the UFC.

Change

All Star
Daps
Basically, the 1st round was the fight. As some said earlier, I think takedowns are overvalued in MMA, especially when nothing is done after them. I think takedown stuffs should be rewarded as well, and Lawler went 4/4 in takedown stuffs in that 1st round.

I understand if you think that (i agree they should change scoring to include stuffed td's), but that's not real as far as scoring goes. Not sure if that changes your opinion but you shouldn't judge a fight according to your own criteria.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
I understand if you think that (i agree they should change scoring to include stuffed td's), but that's not real as far as scoring goes. Not sure if that changes your opinion but you shouldn't judge a fight according to your own criteria.

Wait, what? ALL judges judge based on their own criteria. If they didnt, there would NEVER be any differences in scores. All 3 judges would score they same in every round, every fight. That's why they call it judging.