Fox Confirm Plans For X-MEN TV Series...If Marvel Lets Them Make It

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
Fox should just finance the X-Men movies and give Marvel all creative control.

75 - 25 split. 75% of the money to Fox and 25% to Marvel. And Marvel gets all merchandise money.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Me neither. I don't think most screenwriters and directors can really wrap their heads around and understand the nature of the character and how he works, and then translate that to the screen.
Richard Armitage on Hannibal got that creep factor needed to play Sinister.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Fox should just finance the X-Men movies and give Marvel all creative control.

75 - 25 split. 75% of the money to Fox and 25% to Marvel. And Marvel gets all merchandise money.

DOFP almost made them a Billi. Fox will never get rid of the rights unfortunately

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
After Gotham I'm not really interested in another cape show from fox plus the X-Men need a good special effects budget that you won't get on tv.
Yeah who wants a TV series that feels like the 1st xmen flick, slow, very human and short on action

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

That's how it's worked. There are TV rights and movie rights. When Disney bought marvel, marvel and Sony did some type of deal to get the TV rights to spidey which is why we have that terrible cartoon. Why do you think wolverine and the x men isn't on anymore or why wolverine could pop up in said terrible cartoon whenever they want? TV rights and film rights aren't always the same from what I've read on some of these deals.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I'm assuming they don't own the television rights but they own the TV rights. It's how wolverine can show up in ultimate spider man

That's how it's worked. There are TV rights and movie rights. When Disney bought marvel, marvel and Sony did some type of deal to get the TV rights to spidey which is why we have that terrible cartoon. Why do you think wolverine and the x men isn't on anymore or why wolverine could pop up in said terrible cartoon whenever they want? TV rights and film rights aren't always the same from what I've read on some of these deals.

Are you saying this line in your post was a typo?:
I'm assuming they don't own the television rights but they own the TV rights.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't think Marvel has the live-action TV rights though otherwise they would have used them already.
All the deals Marvel made when they were going bankrupt are so murky.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I heard Fox still owns the rights to the OG Stars Wars trilogy. Marvel/Disney might want Fox to part ways with that to get the TV rights to X-Men.

I'm conflicted. I'm a huge X-Men stan, so I would like to see an X-Men tv series, but I don't want a further split between X-Men and Marvel. I mean would this also mean that Fox gets animated TV rights as well? I still have hopes for an X-Men animated series that takes place in the Marvel Universe, even though Marvel may never do it due to their beef w/ Fox.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
I heard Fox still owns the rights to the OG Stars Wars trilogy. Marvel/Disney might want Fox to part ways with that to get the TV rights to X-Men.

I'm conflicted. I'm a huge X-Men stan, so I would like to see an X-Men tv series, but I don't want a further split between X-Men and Marvel. I mean would this also mean that Fox gets animated TV rights as well? I still have hopes for an X-Men animated series that takes place in the Marvel Universe, even though Marvel may never do it due to their beef w/ Fox.
I thought all Fox did was just distributed it