Fred lived in a cave and was married to Wilma. What was his last name?

I picked...

• The 1st one

• The 2nd one

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You don't usually pronounce the t so your mind edits it out because most people say Flintstone not flint...

Your mind does cool editing tricks like learning to obscure your nose from your forward vision until you think about it then you see it. We do a lot of shyt and don't stop to think about it and pay attention to details then when we do we notice a lot. Sometimes you can write words off muscle memory and spell them right but when you stop to think about them and scrutinize the spelling they seem off. Weird phenomenon

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Yeah, there is a great optical effect with a wall of text that shows how you mind literally just makes up stuff to fill in the gaps based on expectation.

That and the fact that true schizophrenics don't fall for optical illusions when animals and humans do is quite interesting.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
See, logically the stone of flint makes way more sense but that logo is pure sketch in the 2nd pic and not at all like what I recollect.

First Mandela effect thats ever made me pause to reflect because the rest always seemed a bit stupid and memory is a shaky thing at best which is very easy to influence. Check:

People were stopped on their way out of Disneyland and asked about events where they took pics with Donald Duck and Goofy. Most of them, on the spot, conjured up memories of this happening when its impossible because those characters belong to another corporation.

Wild, isn't it, that we run around basing our existence on figments of our imagination that most have never stopped to introspect or inspect as they roll around this ball floating in the abyss...
Aren't Donald and Goofy Disney properties?

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
People were stopped on their way out of Disneyland and asked about events where they took pics with Donald Duck and Goofy. Most of them, on the spot, conjured up memories of this happening when its impossible because those characters belong to another corporation.

Wild, isn't it, that we run around basing our existence on figments of our imagination that most have never stopped to introspect or inspect as they roll around this ball floating in the abyss...

:heh:

The Mandela effect is based on a false memory with no reasonable influence. For example: the famous line 'Luke, I. am. your. father' is actually just 'No, I am your father'. But everyone uses the first quote that we all misremember.

There's definitely reasonable influence with that. Countless parodies and homages along with the added name for context purposes

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Aren't Donald and Goofy Disney properties?

You're right. It was Bugs Bunny:

Dope experiment and its shows just how flexible recall truly is.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, there is a great optical effect with a wall of text that shows how you mind literally just makes up stuff to fill in the gaps based on expectation.

I forget where I read an article about this being the reason people see ghosts in passing while panicked. Your brain making you see shadows as people walking or faces so you stay alert.