Fred lived in a cave and was married to Wilma. What was his last name?

I picked...

• The 1st one

• The 2nd one

Results are only viewable after voting.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
There's definitely reasonable influence with that. Countless parodies and homages along with the added name for context purposes

Fair enough, it was off the top of my head and I didn't want to use the obvious Fruit of the Loom example.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
I forget where I read an article about this being the reason people see ghosts in passing while panicked. Your brain making you see shadows as people walking or faces so you stay alert.

Was kicking it about this once on the topic of Shadow People and how they are only ever seen out of the periphery of your vision. They were adamant they exist whereas I said the sides of our eyes are meant to detect motion, not detail. Add that in with stress and expectation and it is what it is.

Its like how people walking out at night in the dark may see a coiled rope and think it was a snake until they get a closer glimpse but a lot of these erroneous assumptions are placed in their heads back when and run unchecked for their time on the planet. The implications of that are quite something because, in one sense, if enough people believe an illusion it came seem self evident to the rest who buy in until reappraised with the eyes of Inner Sense.

Just like the Emperor who was actually naked but people manufactured proof as they lied to themselves. All in all this is a fascinating thread though because whilst the Mandela premise doesn't hold much sway with me I do know a bit about memory and its flex as well as the various "camera tricks" in our head along with immense chunks of editing.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
You're right. It was Bugs Bunny:

Dope experiment and its shows just how flexible recall truly is.
Word, I think I did read about the Bugs Bunny thing a while ago now that you mention it

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Yeah, I usually don't care about this stuff because its a huge waste of time but the neuroscience aspect interests and this particular blip with that extra T was clarified nicely by the thread so its a win all round thanks to the discussion and perspectives shared therein.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Flint-stone

From the town of Bedrock

The show is a play on different types of rock, I remember studying geology in elementary science & some kids that watched the Flintstones (me included) knew some of the rock types

This thread is just an exposure of poor pronunciation and understanding of puns and wordplay that is as sad as it is funny

VY2wmdR.png

Lambent55

All Star
Daps
When I watched the Flintstones I was very young, never payed much attention to the spelling at all.

DA_LURKA

I post so the Lurkas don't have to...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Strictly For My Lurkas...
People were stopped on their way out of Disneyland and asked about events where they took pics with Donald Duck and Goofy. Most of them, on the spot, conjured up memories of this happening when its impossible because those characters belong to another corporation.
What corporation is that?

:jbhmm: