Fred Taylor, Channing Crowder, Ryan Clark - The Pivot Podcast *4/19: CALEB WILLIAMS*

Daps
Charles not a c00n I think c00ns are destructive to the black community, Charles just has old school black talking points

He was wrong on the Breonna Taylor topic imo, the problem was the no-knock warrant which is asking for a cop/civilian to get shot. Her boyfriend being a trapper ain’t got shyt to do with anything fr.

he didn’t insult black people while parading white people in anyway.

People get mad at Charles because he preaches that "bootstrap" rhetoric but doesn't challenge white supremacy, the justice system, corrupt politicians etc, with the same gusto. His mindset is "you can't stop these white folks so just focus on what you can control."

I get what he's saying but telling black folks what we should be doing is EASY. White people eat that shyt up. If he told white people what THEY should be doing without some black bootstrap qualifier, he'd get more play. He talks about black people like we're all the same but only speaks about whites as individuals and never as a collective problem for black people.

MJ is no better...really that whole generation tbh.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
People get mad at Charles because he preaches that "bootstrap" rhetoric but doesn't challenge white supremacy, the justice system, corrupt politicians etc, with the same gusto. His mindset is "you can't stop these white folks so just focus on what you can control."

I get what he's saying but telling black folks what we should be doing is EASY. White people eat that shyt up. If he told white people what THEY should be doing without some black bootstrap qualifier, he'd get more play. He talks about black people like we're all the same but only speaks about whites as individuals and never as a collective problem for black people.

MJ is no better...really that whole generation tbh.
I like Chuck but that episode was tough to get through at parts. I'm like ...c'mon bruh. I'm glad Ryan pushed back appropriately.

• Dap
Reactions: EA

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Really good episode. As someone that’s currently injured, I completely get where VO is coming from about questioning yourself because you can’t do anything that you usually do.

I’m not able to watch it right now, but did they ask him about turning down the offers from Indy and Houston as well as the new doctor saying that the OG fukked up his surgery?

He said he wasn’t offered anywhere near what the media reported. Also implied that the doctors and medical staff around him were incompetent/negligent.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
This Myron Rolle episode is really good :wow:
It's crazy man, I used to be on Rivals.com heavy back in high school, checking out a lot of future stars. I remember him specifically being #1. Pretty sure I caught him a few times at Florida State. Then the news broke about him being a Rhodes Scholar and the NFL and now this.

I bought his book after catching the episode cause it's crazy to think I know of him way back then and had idea I was looking at a future NEUROSURGEON :wow: My anticipations on there were always about the leagues.

Plus I'm ambitious as hell and want that mentality to rub off a bit. Just finished up the first chapter, it's pretty good so far.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
they wildin, I know they had to have a meeting with Channing before this interview to tell him not to ask some wild shyt
Channing: Now me and wife, we some freaks...we go crazy with the role playing in the bedroom. And you changed your body parts from a man to a woman, but you still only hit the bed with women. So how much role play do you do now versus how much you did back in the day in the olympic villages?

Last edited: