Frederic Weis says France is a no-fly zone for Embiid

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

“I consider this boy a great player as much as he is a dirty guy. I hate him for the things that he did,” Weis said on his radio show on French station RMC, as transcribed by eurohoops.net.

“I think he doesn’t have any respect for France and also for all the people who are asking for a French passport and don’t get it. And under the pretext that he is a great athlete, he got it. I find it scandalous, I find it embarrassing. I don’t care about his excuses, cause they are his words, and his words mean nothing.”

He added in what was described as a joking tone: “I would take away from him the French nationality and I would ban him from entering France. You will not play in the Olympics. You will come to the airport with Team USA and we will say: ‘You don’t have the right to enter the territory, go to your home. You are Cameronian, you are American, you are not French, go away.'”

Check in for your own good :ufdup:

PatCake

Alkali Nonmetals
Daps
Reppin
Black Jesus; Stolen Tales
France already have a very good team with Wemby and Gobert for home Olympics. I'd argue they don't necessarily need Embiid after Wemby's emergence.

Not forgetting ing about me FIBA Fournier who can barely break an NBA rotation these days but somehow turns into MJ in international play :mjlol:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Is this an English translation from a French interview? Cuz "ce gars" which is short for "garçon" and literally translates to "this boy" should really be translated to "this guy"

Not saying Weis ain't a scumbag .. but literal translation would lead to nuclear wars real quick
It is, dudes doing google translate

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Not really thought about it but it’s kinda wild to fraudulently get a citizenship when millions of Africans who wanna live there can’t.

But at the same time it’s also wack of France to dish out citizenships like Qatar on the basis of a man being a good baller.

Still don’t get how he managed