FSU and Erica Kinsman settle lawsuit($250,000)

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
But why would she be regetting the choice? The fees aren't coming out of her share. Her remedy includes attorneys fees.

As I said before, in California, "attorney fees" are the clients share. They are just an actual or estimated part of the recovery. Since this was a federal case, it is probably part of the federal statutory framework which is often copied from, or copied by California. I don't care enough to look, but I suspect she's going to pocket far more than $250k.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought Jameis was cleared, why did she recieve compensation?

It appears she sued FSU not Winston, and FSU decided to pay her off rather than go through a lengthy legal battle with her lawyers. I'm not sure though. I think she can still go forward with a civil case against Winston and win more sweepstakes fake rape monies. She is going to keep whipping black Winston's name through the American "justice" system until it squeals and gives her what she wants.

:mjpls:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I thought Jameis was cleared, why did she recieve compensation?
This lawsuit is against FSU regarding an infringement on Title IX rights or some shyt which deals with gender equalities in schools (for example schools have to have the same number of male sports teams as female sports teams). She was suing them basically claiming they handled her case indifferently and didn't take her serious because she's a female student claiming rape against their star male football player.

Last edited:
Daps
As I said before, in California, "attorney fees" are the clients share. They are just an actual or estimated part of the recovery. Since this was a federal case, it is probably part of the federal statutory framework which is often copied from, or copied by California. I don't care enough to look, but I suspect she's going to pocket far more than $250k.

Is that money taxed?

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
It's a damn shame how these entities cave in and settle just to avoid 'costly litigation'. since it doesn't tarnish their image and money is nothing to them they don't care.

It's also to avoid actual litigation of guilt. A guilty verdict would likely be admissible against them in a subsequent cause of action/litigation.

Daps
Of course :jjjjj: everything is taxed
Lol not everything, but I figured it was.

Just saying, if she had paid $700k in attorney fees it wouldn't make sense to just give her $700k if that money would be taxed as that would not make get whole.

Well, not her specifically, cuz she didn't deserve a dime.