Funk Flex challenges old NY rappers to step their music game up: UPDATE: Rae and Ghost gets called out

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
If Fab's smart he gets some other oldheads that might actually want flex to call them out next

long as these nikkas don't crack under the pressure this is a crazy situation they could use as a barganing chip :yeshrug: Flex gonna give em a whole week of free promo, may as well go full Mase and lean into the energy

Jcotton1

All Star
Daps
i mean real talk, who these older NY rappers appealing to? Even Nas let HitBoy lead the way with suggestions on what kind of beats he should be rapping on. That's the reason why his newer albums sound fresh af and continue to gain notoriety. You can do old NY with an upgraded sound. Ain't no problem with that. Ironically Nas has joints that appeal to the masses nowadays :heh:

The new beats sound like trash from the south. Older rappers like older country music artists appeal to their audience. The average fan today is lucky to be able and feed themselves after all the drugs and liquor they have taken.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
The new beats sound like trash from the south. Older rappers like older country music artists appeal to their audience. The average fan today is lucky to be able and feed themselves after all the drugs and liquor they have taken.
Are you saying beats from Kings Disease 1 and 2 sound like southern style beats? If so, have you actually listened to either album?

Dominicansbelit

All Star
Daps
IDGAF about statistics. The "Big 3" of this era have double digit albums I'll never listen to between them. I rarely like most or all of ANYBODY'S songs, but I'll listen to whatever Math or Lux put out on the strength of them being great MCs. If you don't like it, cool. Some people do. Realize the brainwashing and programming that goes on. If you don't think Loaded Lux couldn't have been pushed to the level of a Cole or maybe even Kendrick, you're bugging. If he sold his soul and started getting on his knees for some label after the Cal battle put him on everyone's radar, he might be one of them now. He's as good or better a rapper than anyone big right now.

:camby:
There are no feelings involved. You either don't understand, or don't want to. The whole point was, if Lux went into the machine, he might be East Coast Kendrick by now. Someone like Kendrick has a TEAM of people constructing those albums he puts out. The Drakes, as I like to call them, have a TEAM of people writing and constructing these goofy Tik-Tokable songs he puts out half the time. After the Cal battle, he got plenty of labels offering him deals, but he chose to do things his ay. They would have cleaned him up, paid to have his pre-constructed "hits" played all day on radio like any of the aforementioned.
No rapper wants his music to be ignored by the masses..

Lux is just not capable of making music as good as kendrick lamar

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
this Fab thing is a promo. Doubt Fab was just called out from nowhere. He is gonna accept ...free promo. Think their into this together

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
:mjlol:Now it's Fab? i hope he calls out other major NY stars like Jay or 50. We haven't heard big records from heavyweights like them in a while.