Funk Flex challenges old NY rappers to step their music game up: UPDATE: Rae and Ghost gets called out

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
One displays a million times more skill. End of the day. That’s what I care about most. MOST of these drill nikkas can’t rap. And it’s not like I’m not up on the scene heavy or out of touch or some shyt.
That’s another conversation.

The discussion was about content.

He said the drill rappers come off jigaboo-ish in comparison to Pusha T.

How? :mjlol:

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Statistically speaking, put your emotions to the side, what I said has been accurate for decades, and the same lame rappers have the same complaint, while trying to get the Drake stimulus package, ironically enough without making songs with him.
IDGAF about statistics. The "Big 3" of this era have double digit albums I'll never listen to between them. I rarely like most or all of ANYBODY'S songs, but I'll listen to whatever Math or Lux put out on the strength of them being great MCs. If you don't like it, cool. Some people do. Realize the brainwashing and programming that goes on. If you don't think Loaded Lux couldn't have been pushed to the level of a Cole or maybe even Kendrick, you're bugging. If he sold his soul and started getting on his knees for some label after the Cal battle put him on everyone's radar, he might be one of them now. He's as good or better a rapper than anyone big right now.

Last edited:

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Some old school rappers just need better beats and flows. Their lyrics most of the time is better than anything out nowadays even though it is not as good as the come up.

I am just honestly tired of shytty ass drill music being played through the radio with the same words and adlibs throughout each. I don't know how people have not gotten tired of it already.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
IDGAF about statistics. The "Big 3" of this era have double digit albums I'll never listen to between them. I rarely like most or all of ANYBOBY'S songs, but I'll listen to whatever Math or Lux put out on the strength of them being great MCs. If you don't like it, cool. Some people do. Realize the brainwashing and programming that goes on. If you don't think Loaded Lux couldn't have been pushed to the level of a Cole or maybe even Kendrick, you're bugging. If he sold his soul and started getting on his knees for some label after the Cal battle put him on everyone's radar, he might be one of them now. He's as good or better a rapper than anyone big right now.

Was never my point, as standalone rappers they obviously have legendary skill, however they never put out legendary albums and never got that push. Ultimately they can't produce solid singles that attract numbers. IDGAF about your feelings and who you want to stan for the most or some weird perception on the industry and "selling their soul" tired angles. On the strength of their own skill, they never really shined passed battle rapping. Now move on.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
One displays a million times more skill. End of the day. That’s what I care about most. MOST of these drill nikkas can’t rap. And it’s not like I’m not up on the scene heavy or out of touch or some shyt.
Also that skills is moot if the songs go harder nothing to do with Pusha but

Going back to the original argument which is about a sonic bias that nikkas on here have

Brotherly Love>Dr. Birds

Better candidate for radio play

Last edited:

TripleAgent

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Was never my point, as standalone rappers they obviously have legendary skill, however they never put out legendary albums and never got that push. Ultimately they can't produce solid singles that attract numbers. IDGAF about your feelings and who you want to stan for the most or some weird perception on the industry and "selling their soul" tired angles. On the strength of their own skill, they never really shined passed battle rapping. Now move on.
There are no feelings involved. You either don't understand, or don't want to. The whole point was, if Lux went into the machine, he might be East Coast Kendrick by now. Someone like Kendrick has a TEAM of people constructing those albums he puts out. The Drakes, as I like to call them, have a TEAM of people writing and constructing these goofy Tik-Tokable songs he puts out half the time. After the Cal battle, he got plenty of labels offering him deals, but he chose to do things his ay. They would have cleaned him up, paid to have his pre-constructed "hits" played all day on radio like any of the aforementioned.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
There are no feelings involved. You either don't understand, or don't want to. The whole point was, if Lux went into the machine, he might be East Coast Kendrick by now. Someone like Kendrick has a TEAM of people constructing those albums he puts out. The Drakes, as I like to call them, have a TEAM of people writing and constructing these goofy Tik-Tokable songs he puts out half the time. After the Cal battle, he got plenty of labels offering him deals, but he chose to do things his ay. They would have cleaned him up, paid to have his pre-constructed "hits" played all day on radio like any of the aforementioned.
Nikka you crazy

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Also that skills is moot if the songs go harder nothing to do with Pusha but

Going back to the original argument which is about a sonic bias that nikkas on here have

Brotherly Love>Dr. Birds

Better candidate for radio play
I fukk wit both joints but Brotherly Love is WAY better for radio play.

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
But Kendrick always demonstarted songwriting ability and had been ghostwriting for industry folks long before he was hot. Did Lux show that or was he just another "bars" rapper? Because those type of rappers always struggled to get past the underground, it's just that the 90s had a more hospitable environment for underground cats to have a lane because the radio stations hadn't been gobbled up by corporations yet

TripleAgent

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
But Kendrick always demonstarted songwriting ability and had been ghostwriting for industry folks long before he was hot. Did Lux show that or was he just another "bars" rapper? Because those type of rappers always struggled to get past the underground, it's just that the 90s had a more hospitable environment for underground cats to have a lane because the radio stations hadn't been gobbled up by corporations yet
Whatever. Just go with The Drakes then. You get my point. The biggest rapper in the game is a mediocre child actor Great Value Phonte that doesn't write his own bars. If he can be catapulted into superstardom, you don't think they could have pushed Lux?

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Whatever. Just go with The Drakes then. You get my point. The biggest rapper in the game is a mediocre child actor Great Value Phonte that doesn't write his own bars. If he can be catapulted into superstardom, you don't think they could have pushed Lux?
I mean I don't fukk with Drake in the slightest but he has other elements to him that made mainstream crossover a point-blank layup for him.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
U bars nikkas are truly insane :russ:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

I don't have a dog in this fight; but EVERYONE has a team in music. Its a team sport. The whole coulda been Jordan but....fantasy is not fair. Potential amounts to nothing. And if you know ANYBODY in music that you don't know personally...their is a 95% chance they're "in the machine" already.