Funk Flex challenges old NY rappers to step their music game up: UPDATE: Rae and Ghost gets called out

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Lux is an exception cause he’s actually dope and can make music when he wants to. His mixtape back in the day was fire and he got a dope voice for rap. Coach Da Ghost literally sound like the drill version of that nikka.
I like Tsu Surf the most musically

To me it’s crazy to say any battle rapper would be where j. Cole, Kendrick, and Drake is at if they got a “push”

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I mean I don't fukk with Drake in the slightest but he has other elements to him that made mainstream crossover a point-blank layup for him.
I like Tsu Surf the most musically

To me it’s crazy to say any battle rapper would be where j. Cole, Kendrick, and Drake is at if they got a “push”

Yes he does. Half cac (the type that runs the industry :mjpls: ), his father an industry known musician, and him being a child actor (Hollywood connects). He has ZERO Hip-Hop credentials. He liked Phonte and just decided to rap one day. I'm not saying Lux or Math or whoever would achieve that success, but, if the machine got behind any of them, they could have "hits" and be on the chart and be popular. Atlantic does it all day. They tried to give Lupe that pre-made "hit", he said no, they gave it to wack ass B.O.B., he charted, they got it on radio, he had a career for a minute. Cardi B's ENTIRE MUSIC CAREER. Most of these rappers now are manufactured. He 100% is manufactured. If he can be the biggest rapper in the world, anyone can be a charting "hits" rapper under the right circumstances. If he signed to Atlantic, and took the pre-made "hits", he would have been on radio and possibly been a mainstream draw like anyone mentioned here.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
The stereotypes isn't really the content but the way it's presented - let's appear as obnoxious and uneducated as possible. So while Pusha T rapping about selling dope yes, does end up coming off as a stereotype, it's not some wild jigaboo looking shyt either and is conveyed in a more compelling, intelligent way

I don't agree with all that "peace, love, unity" shyt, that was always :duck:'s when applied to most rap in the 90s besides the Native Tongues
That shyt is jigaboo looking lmao, it’s just cause he dusty and old though that you think opposite, go print his lyrics and not be appalled by the content. What makes Pusha T different than a Herbo?

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
That shyt is jigaboo looking lmao, it’s just cause he dusty and old though that you think opposite, go print his lyrics and not be appalled by the content. What makes Pusha T different than a Herbo?
Breh, I literally just said the entire conversation is about presentation because the content is the same :mjlol: