Future Predictions in Trump America

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Hey brehs, I've been reading up on the history of demagogues and this is a thread for us to post predictions of what will happen in America based on what's happened in the past.

For example, Louisiana Governor/Demagogue Huey Long, in an unprecedented move, showed up on the floor of the Louisiana State Legislature and basically corralled people over to his side. Now Trump has the House/Senate, so he doesn't really have to go down to the floor to get things done, but he still might do it just to thumb his nose at the institution and gain popularity among his following.

Huey Long also started to get death threats, so he surrounded himself with body guards. Trump already has the Secret Service, but after that hilarious video of Richard Spencer getting decked, I'm sure the alt-right guys with David Beckham haircuts will start showing up with more security (I mean really, what kind of Nazi shows up without any muscle).

On a more serious tip,

He says he wants to keep America safe by keeping refugees out.

This is obviously a lie, because keeping 600,000 refugees contained in a small area, less safe than America, and closer to the radical terrorists than America, creates more possibilities/higher percent chance to cause another war than letting them in. Another war which would cost more American lives - which isn't keeping Americans safe.

In the past he has declared we should have "taken then oil" when we left Iraq because now "ISIS has it."
I can't even remember the list of countries he has said "we should bomb,"
He wants the Syrian crisis to create another reason to invade Iraq for the third time so he can "take all the oil."

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I predict a massive recession after the markets crash.

I predict that a lot of jobs are going to be lost by the very people (blue collar workers) that thought that Trump was going to bring them jobs. Much like the numb skulls that voted for Trump to end Obamacare will be the people most affected by the repeal of Obamacare.

I predict that U.S. citizens that go over seas might find themselves in greater danger.

Last edited:

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Trumps policies are all over the place, but he is consistent in his xenophobia and isolationism. GlobalisTion will halt and we'll have much smaller trading groups and higher tariffs between the groups, e.g. Americas, Europe, Asia and Africa groups. This will ruin competition and is generally a bad thing all round.
If he gets rid of immigrants there is a huge loss of lower paid workers, so wages will rise and s/m companies can't take the hit so inflation will rise. This is exacerbated because imports have also risen due to tariffs ,e.g. 35% German cars etc. Throw in there also that detaining and deporting will cost billions.

Even without the above, the volatility of markets and economies has already started rising sharply, this is also bad. Higher volatility mean less investment as people are scared of losing cash on downswings. Interest rates will go higher and quickly , mortgage rates will follow.

You throw in the political risk and the risk of instability in society and it doesn't bode well at all.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
tumblr_nqxcppK3oc1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Trumps policies are all over the place, but he is consistent in his xenophobia and isolationism. GlobalisTion will halt and we'll have much smaller trading groups and higher tariffs between the groups, e.g. Americas, Europe, Asia and Africa groups. This will ruin competition and is generally a bad thing all round.
If he gets rid of immigrants there is a huge loss of lower paid workers, so wages will rise and s/m companies can't take the hit so inflation will rise. This is exacerbated because imports have also risen due to tariffs ,e.g. 35% German cars etc. Throw in there also that detaining and deporting will cost billions.

Even without the above, the volatility of markets and economies has already started rising sharply, this is also bad. Higher volatility mean less investment as people are scared of losing cash on downswings. Interest rates will go higher and quickly , mortgage rates will follow.

You throw in the political risk and the risk of instability in society and it doesn't bode well at all.

I don't think that losing the immigrants will be that significant, because the USA already had an underutilized workforce that was the backbone of the USA economy for centuries. The immigrants were only brought in to undercut the laws and regulations that applied to the employment of the domestic workforce.

The true problem lies in the trade deals. Where exactly is the USA supposed to sale the goods that they manufacture if trade pacts are on the chopping blocks?

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
I don't think that losing the immigrants will be that significant, because the USA already had an underutilized workforce that was the backbone of the USA economy for centuries. The immigrants were only brought in to undercut the laws and regulations that applied to the employment of the domestic workforce.

The true problem lies in the trade deals. Where exactly is the USA supposed to sale the goods that they manufacture if trade pacts are on the chopping blocks?
If they lose the immigrants the amount they want to, would be a huge loss economically. Cheap labour is the lifeblood of all empires in history.

The trade deals will be disastrous too, everyone will have to renegotiate their trading partners or face inflation. Historically US has had the power to either subsidise us goods or strong arm other countries to buy us goods. That's not a long term solution.

There's a low chance scenario that would be catastrophic:
Inflation and interest rates rise further
Asia and the rest of the world further lose their appetite for us bonds, as their prices are falling or don't need to buy.
America pisses off any of these countries e.g. China and they dump the billions of bonds they own in an already falling market thus triggering a monster market crash.
Although a low probability it has probably increased fourfold since he won the election.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If the market crashes or there is a terrorist attack, his domestic policies will become even more vicious. He will look for an internal enemy to blame.
His policies will cause said crash, and with people Who openly hate Islam like Flynn and mattis on his staff, as well as a proud white supremacist in sessions and an actual nazi advising him in bannon, a large scale false flag attack is coming that he'll try to use to justify suspension of any and all freedoms in this country.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
- Assassination attempts, probably with collusion from his own party to get him out and have Pence put in his place which could actually be worse.
- Black folks getting harassed and arrested for being "BLM" operatives after they get this muslim ban in place.
- Our police force will be the modern day Gestapo (they already are really, but it will be more obvious)
- Depending on how wild he gets with these trade negotiations we could see an attack on our soil.

The chaos he's causing will probably has China like

:jbhmm:
They probably watching like a nikka trying to get in on some double dutch...just waiting. They find a way to kill the grid and we could all be getting our dikks stolen in the night by Dr. Wongburger.

:hubie:

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
...you and i are on the same side of the aisle and i agree with most of your posts... however, regarding this, i think trump makes 8 years easily.... never underestimate the stupidity of the american public....
:damn:I just don't see how he could keep this pace up. It's been one week and it feels like two years.:deadmanny: I think dude is going to burn out :heh:. Or have some Nixon level fukkery. But Like you said the American people are dumb as shyt.:snoop: