FYI, most of the Adult Survivors Act lawsuits have been filed by female inmates.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Seeing a lot of threads on here upset that a few famous people have to answer for what they did, thinking this mainly targets celebs. I'm just here to burst your bubble a little bit.

Some of those lawsuits have targeted employers, or institutions such as hospitals, accused of failing to do enough to stop abuse by doctors or other workers. The large majority, though, have been filed against the state, New York City and local counties and involve allegations of abuse at state prisons and local jail systems.

Precise counts for Adult Survivor Act filings were not yet available this week, but there were at least 2,587 electronic filings in state courts, with some lawsuits filed on behalf of multiple people. More than half those filings were prison-related claims against the state. Hundreds of additional filings named New York City's corrections department.

First wave last year:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This subforum pretty much goes by headlines and what podcasters say/post. Facts don't matter often, here.

I'm guessing that there's also a sizable amount of lawsuits against clergymen and houses of worship.
This is a fair point

A lot of it does fall on the media for presenting it just one way. It’s why I often say the media needs a reset

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
This is a fair point

A lot of it does fall on the media for presenting it just one way. It’s why I often say the media needs a reset
Not necessarily an excuse as you can find information if you’re willing to put in the work to do so

This thread should be stickied btw as a lot of the usual suspects are going to ignore it as it doesn’t fit their agenda

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Very surprised but grateful they’re allowed to sue-hope they get justice from the state AND their assaulters.

It was blowing my mind that a number of posters in the Cassie thread were saying the right for sexual abuse and rape survivors to sue should be taken away.

Rape charges have some of the lowest criminal conviction rates of any offense, possibly the very lowest (only 2-4% of accused rapists ever serve time), yet they want it to also be the only crime for which there are ZERO possible civil penalties when you can't get a criminal conviction. That would lead to rapists being the #1 most protected category of criminal on multiple levels.