Game informer Rates The Greatest Game Of All Time

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Last of Us 2 can be placed in a top ten discussion ironically because of story decisions people omit it from the discussion. And RDR2 deserves every bit of praise, that game is a masterpiece and is probably the most immersive game ever created. People are still discovering new things in the game six years later.
TLoU2 is way too devisive to be included in a GOAT list. Its the most polarizing videogame sequel of all time. Not the most hated, but most polarizing, and thats enough to disqualify it from the discussion.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
You got Pac-Man, Super Mario 3, Tetris, etc.
No Sonic
No Contra
No F-Zero
No Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu
No Mario Kart
No Castlevania
No Golden Eye
No Ninja Gaiden
etc.

That overall list is a 6/10 for me. So many classics and iconic games not there.

Don't tell me it's the "ultimate" list of games when you don't include all the classics to shake up the brackets. That ain't a complete gamer's list for gamers, sorry. It's a shame Game Informer has been around for so long and that's their list of "classic games".

That's like only having the AFCCG and NFCCG without the rest of the play-offs to shake things
Whoever made this list sure do love dress up as wizards and knights and battle dragons type games

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
NBA Jam parked right next to Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter cabinets.
Multiple Neo Geo classics.
Any classic Mega Man game.
Many more Legend of Zelda games.
After Burner.
Punch-Out

All a significant part of gaming. They deserve their chance to get bracket upsets.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Not surprised a lot of GOAT game list Ocarina of time somewhere in the top 5 if not #1.
Wtf is so good about this kiddie ass gamez or Legend of Zelda to begin with.

I don't fukk wit the fantasy shyt at all, but Witcher 3 is my GOAT, so I should be able to get into it.

What's so good about this shyt? Story? Gameplay? Characters? The world?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

I don't fukk wit the fantasy shyt at all, but Witcher 3 is my GOAT, so I should be able to get into it.

Nintendo main games, especially Zelda, has always been graded on a curve. But yes, they are great games regardless and OoT is definitely up there.

end of the day, this shyt is still opinion tho

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA

All those things and in addition to innovation.

All the lock-on/switching target systems when fighting I'm pretty sure started with that game. Same system the Witcher and Dark Souls use. At least it put together the standard we use today for it.

Edit, more discussed here:

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Last of Us 2 can be placed in a top ten discussion ironically because of story decisions people omit it from the discussion. And RDR2 deserves every bit of praise, that game is a masterpiece and is probably the most immersive game ever created. People are still discovering new things in the game six years later.
To me, TLOU 2 had some of greatest gameplay elements that I have ever experienced in a video game, friend.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A lot of y'all talking niche genres and games in the grand scoop.

Titles like PAC-MAN, tmnt 2 the arcade game, double dragon, Street fighter 2, and mortal Kombat sure.

But Madden, and likes nah.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

Eh. You have to look at what was out relative to 1998-1999. It's a fully 3D adventure with clever level design (for the most part). The music was phenomenal playing a part in the gameplay itself. The story starts out childish and whimsical but actually is quite mature. The gameplay while not aging the best was revolutionary for the time in the way it handled action/adventure/puzzles. The characters are being memed about to this day. So to answer your question and oddly enough without the OOT the Witcher probably would not exist at least in the form that it is. I also agree the Witcher is def an all time great.