gaming is in a weird place

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What makes money in gaming is usually the exact opposite of what “gamers” on these forums say they want.

All the games listed in the OP will do fine financially, and we will get more of shyt just like that:manny:
Except a game like Spiderman drops and sells like crazy. A game some on these forums criticized and called a interactive movie. Like God of War before it which also sold well. It's not that single player games don't sell its that they don't usually have that microtransaction lootbox style recurring revenue publishers want.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Except a game like Spiderman drops and sells like crazy. A game some on these forums criticized and called a interactive movie. Like God of War before it which also sold well. It's not that single player games don't sell its that they don't usually have that microtransaction lootbox style recurring revenue publishers want.
Spider-Man and GOW are just as artistically shallow(casual) as the games in the op. The same people buying GOW are buying COD.

You stans just tell yourself it’s different to make yourselves feel better :mjlol:

A game like COD or Fallout will have players and developer support for years to come. It makes sense they have future monetization strategies.

Single player games have their money grabbing ways as well.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don’t mean in the cinematic sense but the narrative sense

I should’ve said control your own narrative but tomatoes n apples
Nah, what you said was what you ment.

Gaming is about GAMEPLAY.

The games people remember and will still be playing years, even decades from now are games where GAMEPLAY is king.

If servers are still up, people will still be playing fortnight years from now. People are already done with Spider-Man and moving on.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
No crash as long as Nintendo is around to capture the affordable and different market segment that just focuses on fun and simple gameplay

These bro nerd fests like call of duty fortnite etc will probably see a dip though and hopefully we cycle back to original experiences

Last edited:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Battlefield 5, EA basically just thinking it can dictate how it’s customers act and then become a parent n shyt telling them what’s right

fukk those alt-reich dorks masking their hatred of miniorties and women under the guise of "historical accuracy." They could drink bleach tonight and the world would be a slightly better place in the morning.

MaccabeanRebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The outer limits
The only thing EA did wrong was sell an incomplete game at launch and try to stretch out content because there is no season pass. People mad about women being in games are just neck beards who wanna be fake mad.

The blackout tiers thing isnt really an issue either. Who cares about skins in a first person shooter. Like c'mon breh

Chef

All Star
Daps
We’re just going through trends. With all the bad, we got gems. The industry is still trying to find itself between the loot boxes and games as a service. Consumers are speaking up so publishers are doing their best Juelz impression to investors. It sucks but it’s business.

EA can suck my whole dikk for ME Andromeda though. :pacspit:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not the games its these nerdy ass youtubers who complain and cry then they make everyone else hate the games..

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
The way games like NBA2K gouging you for a good time spells to end of gaming for me.

There's an expectation to drop $100 for every game.

It's not the games its these nerdy ass youtubers who complain and cry then they make everyone else hate the games..

I'll never understand the "they hating because it's cool" logic.

Fallout 76 was a bad idea since jump--for example.

These companies are making their games worst to incentivize micro-transactions.

What's the big mystery as to why people get turnt? Granted, they go overboard.