Gene Deal : Shyne Wasnt Safe At Bad Boy; Junior M.A.F.I.A. & Him Had Shootouts Over Biggie Comparison

Roovers410

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
:what:

Given Puffy’s current situation, if anything Gene Deal should be doing a victory lap. ‘Now it’s okay to kill Baby’. Gene BEEN tellin folk about Puff, in detail. fukk are you even talking about.

I swear I hate culture vultures. Talkin bout some ‘25 years’, yea you didn’t see it bc you couldn’t read yet.

Nggas have no basis to say Gene deal is lying , it’s just popular to call ‘cap’and you trying to fit in. You wasn’t there
Hé lied about things

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates
Who are you?
I'm a nikka on a rap forum who the fukk are you?
Lmao @ receipts immediately being posted

I keep tellin folk, any time a poster immediately says an old head is lying —-for no reason :what:—-it’s bc they feel threatened. It’s a white boy, culture vulture, or a youngin. They feel threatened by an era they can’t relate to so they say it’s all a lie.

Again, you fukkers were not there. Stop speaking on shyt that don’t pertain to you. Just sit off to the side and quietly observe you are a guest.
Even with proof I don't believe shyt gene deal says because this particular old head is a fukking liar Period. All that other shyt you adding is projection calm down cornball.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I can believe that but shootouts over it sounds nuts on top of it coming out of gene deal's mouth

There were some real gunboys around Junior Mafia around that time that really didn't take any supposed Biggie disrespect lightly. Also, I believe 95% of the shyt Gene Deal says.

Roovers410

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
Big wanting to go to london, but Puff making him stay.

The whole story about March 9th has so many versions ( they came for Puff , They came for big)

Insinuating D Roc , Puff and Cease knew Big was gonna die that night.

First Puff not running at soul train later hé ran

BandOfGypsys

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD
:what:

Given Puffy’s current situation, if anything Gene Deal should be doing a victory lap. ‘Now it’s okay to kill Baby’. Gene BEEN tellin folk about Puff, in detail. fukk are you even talking about.

I swear I hate culture vultures. Talkin bout some ‘25 years’, yea you didn’t see it bc you couldn’t read yet.

Nggas have no basis to say Gene deal is lying , it’s just popular to call ‘cap’and you trying to fit in. You wasn’t there

Lying for no reason.

Last edited:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
yeah, this is true. I remember this in real time, barely from around 2000. Shyne lived a wild life. Nearly murdered in the streets, almost killed in the industry, shoots up a club with Puff and Jennifer Lopez, and has to 10 years. Becomes the PM of Belize.

JM also had that shootout in 2001 at Hot 97. It was a different time in the game, with less information. I used to google MTV NEws and NY Daily News article for scraps about Shyne and various rap shyt around that time. If you were lucky you got a view COURTTV articles about the trial, now, we wold have video, the whole indictment, and 25 videos breaking it down.

also, was KIM still signed to Bad Boy? Shyne was Puff's protege, he wasn't fukking with Cease and those dudes at all by 1999, after that Cease A Leo album. Which came out on what label?

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Big wanting to go to london, but Puff making him stay.

The whole story about March 9th has so many versions ( they came for Puff , They came for big)

Insinuating D Roc , Puff and Cease knew Big was gonna die that night.

First Puff not running at soul train later hé ran

:mjlol:Yea you gon have to sit this one out my boy . I can tell you young

There is a difference between “lying” vs relaying a story that’s 25 years old and minor details get conflated. And more importantly, there is a difference relaying events of what happened, vs your personal interpretation of those events.

You should be able to tell the difference without the speaker telling you. That’s just common sense….and a little street smarts :mjpls:

ie If I tell you 4 men ran into the room and hit someone, that’s a factual statement and that comes down to truth or lie. But if I tell you ‘they was only there to rob him not kill him’, well that’s an opinion. Bc I can’t possibly know that. Or if it was actually only 3 men not 4, and it’s 25 years later….like, use some common sense. He’s not ‘lying’ he just misremembered. So the people calling Gene a liar are really just exposing themselves as either a lil slow or a lil white.

And fyi:

-Mecca Audio already confirmed that he was the one who tipped Gene off that killers were comin

-D roc and Cease having gut feelings something bad would happen… is night and day from Gene insinuating Puff KNEW something bad would happen. And him insinuating is opinion. Again, common sense