Gene Deal : Shyne Wasnt Safe At Bad Boy; Junior M.A.F.I.A. & Him Had Shootouts Over Biggie Comparison

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah, this is true. I remember this in real time, barely from around 2000. Shyne lived a wild life. Nearly murdered in the streets, almost killed in the industry, shoots up a club with Puff and Jennifer Lopez, and has to 10 years. Becomes the PM of Belize.

JM also had that shootout in 2001 at Hot 97. It was a different time in the game, with less information. I used to google MTV NEws and NY Daily News article for scraps about Shyne and various rap shyt around that time. If you were lucky you got a view COURTTV articles about the trial, now, we wold have video, the whole indictment, and 25 videos breaking it down.

also, was KIM still signed to Bad Boy? Shyne was Puff's protege, he wasn't fukking with Cease and those dudes at all by 1999, after that Cease A Leo album. Which came out on what label?

I thought Kim was signed to Un??

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
also, was KIM still signed to Bad Boy? Shyne was Puff's protege, he wasn't fukking with Cease and those dudes at all by 1999, after that Cease A Leo album. Which came out on what label?

Kim was never signed to Bad Boy. Puff was still heavily involved with all of them. They didn't fall out until Notorious K.I.M dropped. There is a Shyne diss on the album. Kim wasn't gonna remove it and she didn't support Puff's signing and involvement with Shyne, so they fell out.

Puff is on Cease's album. He even sent a shot at Foxy on the single only to sign her to a joint venture between Bad Boy and Def Jam in 2002-2003.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Kim was never signed to Bad Boy. Puff was still heavily involved with all of them. They didn't fall out until Notorious K.I.M dropped. There is a Shyne diss on the album. Kim wasn't gonna remove it and she didn't support Puff's signing and involvement with Shyne, so they fell out.

Puff is on Cease's album. He even sent a shot at Foxy on the single only to sign her to a joint venture between Bad Boy and Def Jam in 2002-2003.

Right. Yeah, on Play Around --,which is a pretty entertaining single even today-- he says "bytches tryna sound like her too" and kind of snickers in that Puff way lol

but Wonderful World came out through Sony/and an imprint or am I wrong? They were just Bad Boy affiliates. Notorious KIM was 2001? Edit: it was 2000. I remember the album that summer, right before Shyne's release. Bad Boyz was heavy in rotation.

Shyne hit her back on a BET freestyle right

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Gene tells the truth. A certain group of fans refuse to believe him tho :sas2:

Cacs and youngins

I’ve figured it out they are threatened by anything from back in the day bc it’s seen as more hood, or more masculine. Its a reminder to them of how feminine and lame their generation/culture is, so they instinctively downplay it

Gene Deal is liar ….Pac was overrated ….Michael Jordan’s legacy is propaganda ….Wilt chamberlain didn’t score 100 :what:

Cacs and youngins

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right. Yeah, on Play Around --,which is a pretty entertaining single even today-- he says "bytches tryna sound like her too" and kind of snickers in that Puff way lol

but Wonderful World came out through Sony/and an imprint or am I wrong? They were just Bad Boy affiliates. Notorious KIM was 2001? Edit: it was 2000. I remember the album that summer, right before Shyne's release. Bad Boyz was heavy in rotation.

Shyne hit her back on a BET freestyle right

I want to say Cease album came out on Kim's imprint via Undeas/Atlantic before they split from Un.

Roovers410

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
:mjlol:Yea you gon have to sit this one out my boy . I can tell you young

There is a difference between “lying” vs relaying a story that’s 25 years old and minor details get conflated. And more importantly, there is a difference relaying events of what happened, vs your personal interpretation of those events.

You should be able to tell the difference without the speaker telling you. That’s just common sense….and a little street smarts :mjpls:

And fyi:

-Mecca Audio already confirmed that he was the one who tipped Gene off that killers were comin

-D roc and Cease having gut feelings something bad would happen… is night and day from Gene insinuating Puff KNEW something bad would happen. And him insinuating is opinion. Again, common sense
No , Mecca said Vest Up, not knowing something was gonna happen march 9th, but true that he had people in his ears about It

No , Gene said Puff took D roc And Lil Cease on a day out and they acted real strange, as if they knew something.

OrdaineD

Pro
Daps
yeah, this is true. I remember this in real time, barely from around 2000. Shyne lived a wild life. Nearly murdered in the streets, almost killed in the industry, shoots up a club with Puff and Jennifer Lopez, and has to 10 years. Becomes the PM of Belize.

JM also had that shootout in 2001 at Hot 97. It was a different time in the game, with less information. I used to google MTV NEws and NY Daily News article for scraps about Shyne and various rap shyt around that time. If you were lucky you got a view COURTTV articles about the trial, now, we wold have video, the whole indictment, and 25 videos breaking it down.

KIM was never signed to Bad Boy. Cease album came out on Atlantic. Queen Bee / Atlantic I believe.

Roovers410

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
No , Mecca said Vest Up, not knowing something was gonna happen march 9th, but true that he had people in his ears about It

No , Gene said Puff took D roc And Lil Cease on a day out and they acted real strange, as if they knew something.
Next to this.

1: I saw the cheque to zip from Puff for the hit
2: PACs killing was an inside job

🤣🤣🤣

Braman

Superstar
Daps

You literally making my point. Tf is this?!?

‘He said vest up. He didn’t say the exact date :troll:‘ What you on right now

Also as far as cease and d roc, I still just thoroughly explained that you. That’s not a lie. That’s his account and his opinion. That’s not something your hear and come away with ‘he lied’. You would be a terrible lawyer . You cannot speak to Genes interpretation of how cease acted. That’s HIS interpretation.

A lie would be….he was never around Cease. He was never around D Roc. Mecca never told him anything. Is that what you’re saying? Ok then.

Your reply makes it abundantly clear, yall don’t have a Gene deal problem, you have a comprehension problem

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Next to this.

1: I saw the cheque to zip from Puff for the hit

🤣🤣🤣

Now watch this, here’s a prime example of culture vultures not having any street sense and how you fukk up a message

@ 5:05

Gene says Zip was on the block with a check for a million dollars, and that Zip said ‘Jimmy henchmen got it for me from Barry hankerson’

1- He didn’t say ‘I saw the check Puff gave him’
2- He’s been telling this story for years. He said he was interviewed by M Reck and he posts here @brooklyngohard he can vouch

3- Again if you have street smarts, you can read between those lines of what he saw vs what he THINKS it means. 2 different things

4- If you have street smarts, you’d know that a liar is not gonna rope in 2 other living breathing witnesses into his lie (Barry hankerson and Jimmy henchmen). Also why on earth would he mention Barry hankerson out of nowhere.

5- It’s “check”, da fuk is a ‘cheque’. Again you are an outsider. Just sit and smile and enjoy the stories you are not qualified to call anything “cap”