Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Statistics don't lie breh they getting moved out quickly. Man if you don't check out the construction going on in DC right now
It will shock the shyt outta you.

I'll speak on NYC first since I live in southern NY. When it comes to Manhattan especially, I don't know why the focus is only on blacks when it comes to gentrification. Literally everyone is getting their asses kicked when it comes to gentrification in Manhattan. Latinos and even Asians in Chinatown. Yes Asian in Chinatown. Hell I'll even say any native New Yorker like Italians and Irish. Also Harlem is just ONE neighborhood out of many in NYC. Anyways blacks are still good in Queens as far as I know and there are still affluent black neighborhoods in Queens. While gentrification is spreading to Brooklyn, BK is too large and there are still majority black neighborhoods. Brooklyn still has a large percentage of blacks. Hell, the percentage grew from 34.3 in 2014 to 35.2 in 2014.

As for DC, I am hearing that blacks are just abandoning the city for the suburbs in the metro and those same suburbs are affluent. Again what I heard.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
How do you all feel is the most effective way to combat this in 2016?

Own our shyt instead of renting.

this is capitalism. When you don't own shyt, you can't expect to keep shyt. Everyone has a price.

I know it fukkin sucks, but that's reality. If we wanna stop gentrification, we need cats with bread to own the shyt in our neighborhoods. If not, the jews and cacs who do own the property are gonna cash out.

The dollar always wins. And we're usually on the losing team. :mjcry:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I`m visiting Harlem Soon, last Time I went was 2010, and I wasn't there long enough to judge.

Dog, my dad, grandma, and grandaunt all live off 147th and 7th in harlem in Esplanade Gardens. I'll never forget being up there a few years ago and seeing a white broad jogging around jackie robinson pool at 5 in the morning. nikka I was :dwillhuh:

BrandonBanks

Arab Money
Daps

this is capitalism. When you don't own shyt, you can't expect to keep shyt. Everyone has a price.

I know it fukkin sucks, but that's reality. If we wanna stop gentrification, we need cats with bread to own the shyt in our neighborhoods. If not, the jews and cacs who do own the property are gonna cash out.

Truth

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Its not always that easy, when you have Property Taxes rising through the roof during gentrification. It's the Sharp Increase in Property taxes that get a lot of people out the paint. Luckily many States have Homestead Exemption which can help homeowners to an extent (assuming this is their main property they actually live in). In a lot of cities you have people who own their homes but are on fixed income, so even a 50 to 100 dollar increase can hurt them.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Its not always that easy, when you have Property Taxes rising through the roof during gentrification. It's the Sharp Increase in Property taxes that get a lot of people out the paint. Luckily many States have Homestead Exemption which can help homeowners to an extent (assuming this is their main property they actually live in). In a lot of cities you have people who own their homes but are on fixed income, so even a 50 to 100 dollar increase can hurt them.

Oh no doubt, but even in those cases, the blacks and minorities who do own end up selling out to the highest bidder (usually the cacs and joo bros). It's lose lose regardless.