George Lucas Criticizes New Star Wars Films (Article)

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
ya'll act like lucas pushed creative boundaries with each film, he kept the storyline fresh and evolving but he didnt reinvent himself with each film, hell he only directed one of them
he set himself up well from jump by starting the story off in the middle, i think that was the creative part, working backwards and forwards :francis:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
ok then, make another Hov

willow-movie-poster-1988-1020468942.jpg

part duex
:ohhh:

In all seriousness, here's the REAL answer:
images

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
willow-movie-poster-1988-1020468942.jpg

part duex
:ohhh:
Willow is the shyt. :ohlawd:

Anyone who says otherwise needs to :camby:

And Lucas has the right to criticize. But he sold his baby and now has to watch as someone else raises it. Should of jus kept it. fukk the nerds and haters who think they know star wars better than the man who created it. My opinion.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's got a point and I understand where he's coming from. I really don't want Star Wars to just become fan fiction for real.
This. I'm interested to see what his plot would've been. I believe I read that he said that Luke doesn't have children (which I agree with). I'm not a big fan of "the son/daughter of..."

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
He's got a point and I understand where he's coming from. I really don't want Star Wars to just become fan fiction for real.
:tu:

I give TFA a pass because it was basically a re-introduction to the Star Wars universe that served as a palate cleanser for those terrible Lucas made prequels. However I am expecting a bit more originality or as much originality as a movie based on this unvierse can have) from Rian Johnson with the next flick.
JJ basically screwed Rian. Not only does he have to fill in the plot holes he left in Ep 7 now he has to also make it original and NOT suck. If its like ESB the critics will start being like :patrice:
and if its too original/the fan boys dont like it they'll be like :patrice:

Honestly I think any O.G creator would have this type criticism in this situation.

Just think about it. How much work is involved in rehashing old material rather. George Lucas was prob bored watching this movie.
honestly he was probably in the theater like

this nikka really just copied everything i did and these nikkas in the audience loving it :martin:

Yeah that Tariq Nasheed video. He was absolutely right. It's funny because before the movie was released you guys were praising John Boyega. The ass kissing got out of control. His character was a weak loser in the movie. Not the aspiring hero black people hoped for.
be careful, some dont take too kindly to different opinions round these parts :dame:

Last edited:

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
This. I'm interested to see what his plot would've been. I believe I read that he said that Luke doesn't have children (which I agree with). I'm not a big fan of "the son/daughter of..."

Has it been confirmed that Rey's Luke's daughter? Who was he fukking? I don't follow the Star Wars universe on that level and I walked away thinking she was somehow going to end up being Leia and Han's daughter on some "we had to hide you but not your brother" twist.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I know George Lucas was nodding off while he was watching, like "damn..y'all wasted a roman numeral." I think the love letter/reboot should've been one of those anthology films. If ever there's a 40year old movie that doesn't need a reboot to reintroduce it, it's Star Wars.

Star Wars will ALWAYS be George's, no matter who owns it...even in death it'll be his.

Last edited: