George Lucas Criticizes New Star Wars Films (Article)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
:tu:

JJ basically screwed Rian. Not only does he have to fill in the plot holes he left in Ep 7 now he has to also make it original and NOT suck. If its like ESB the critics will start being like :patrice:
and if its too original/the fan boys dont like it they'll be like :patrice:

honestly he was probably in the theater like

this nikka really just copied everything i did and these nikkas in the audience loving it :martin:

Plus, I doubt they have a complete trilogy plotted out. I enjoyed the new movie, but it's purpose was to be a starting point for a new "Marvel Cinematic Universe" version of Star Wars that can spit out content without an end in sight. They're not trying to tell a story that has a beginning, middle, and end.

I suppose you can argue that that idea is true to the old "cliffhanger" serials that Lucas based Star Wars on.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This new one wasn't even better than the prequels though. The flippy lightsaber battles being gone was nice though.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Plus, I doubt they have a complete trilogy plotted out. I enjoyed the new movie, but it's purpose was to be a starting point for a new "Marvel Cinematic Universe" version of Star Wars that can spit out content without an end in sight. They're not trying to tell a story that has a beginning, middle, and end.

I suppose you can argue that that idea is true to the old "cliffhanger" serials that Lucas based Star Wars on.
I think they do have it all mapped out. If not I don't know how they plan on keeping the books in continuity.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you saying he's a wack nikka taking a loop, re looping it thinking it was going to be the sound of the culture? Trying to make this shyt R&B or funk? You saying he's dressing up in all that playa bullshyt? Acting like this some kind of fashion show? running on nikkas with that wack shyt?

JJ Abrams is a Dr. Seuss, Mother Goose ass director and has always been.

It's like the media has to aggressively point out hackdom (Michael Bay) for people to realize it and not just consider any popular director some great auteur. There are Joss Whedon stans.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has it been confirmed that Rey's Luke's daughter? Who was he fukking? I don't follow the Star Wars universe on that level and I walked away thinking she was somehow going to end up being Leia and Han's daughter on some "we had to hide you but not your brother" twist.
Thats even worse :scust:
I hope she isn't a Skywalker but thats how it was looking in the film.

Gains

Superstar
Daps
told yall in the other thread , ol' George is a tortured artist

young-george-cam.jpg

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Still love Age Of Ultron and stand by everything I've said on it, including its flaws which I've always acknowledged. But it sent an important message rejecting that nihilistic piece of shyt MoS so I'll always :cape: for it (and yes, I only used that smiley because of the obvious irony).

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Lucas basically had the same problems I had with TFA then:ld:. Even if you hate the prequels Lucas expanded upon the vast universe he created basically creating a plethora of options and JJ just decided to rehash old plot lines and pump his movie full of copious amounts of nostalgia:leostare:. Sad thing is that's what most Star Wars fans want. the Star Wars universe seems so small now.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
If you really sit back and think on it TFA basically makes the OG trilogy a failure. Makes the efforts of Luke, leia and Han all for not. I mean just 30 years later the universe is completely fukked ho again. Starkiller base has already did more damage than and deathstar ever. Most likely more casualities ever. TFA just makes them all seem like failures and losers the quality of there achievements.

Like I said before the movie came out, I wish they did something completely separate from the skywalkers. Either a story like 1000 years before or after the end of the OG trilogy. Complete original with the only constants being the force, the Jedi and the sith