Get married brehs...seriously

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
I'm 30...find you a real one...and hold her the fukk down...

It's fukking horrible out here...these females are nothing but pretty packages.

Again if you find a real one...hold her down and marry her. This player shyt...it gets old...and the game gets lonely and cold .

Do not wait too long to get married .There's a reason a girl is 30 and not married.

Life is not about money...it's about loving your Earth and your seeds. It's about family. It's about REAL friends.

I've gone on too long but the short of it is don't wait to be married, don't wait to have kids...there's nothing else out there.

It's 2018 and things are changing.

You looking funny making it out to be "married or player."

Most men's problem with marriage isn't because they don't want a woman to hold them down

it's because no one wants to be honest about the drawbacks.

There's plenty of 40 year old divorced men paying child support and alimony. Marriage guarantees nothing.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
There is literally 1 benefit of marriage take it from me who's never been married

The only thing that ever made me regret not getting married is setting an example for my daughters.

I just don't know what kind of impression I'm leaving on them that they know their parents were never together like that.

They might think that's cool? I don't want them getting pregnant at 16 because they think it's no big deal to have kids with a guy you don't intend on building a life with

I made a mistake there. Other than that there's literally 0 benefit to marriage.

My parents stayed together to give me the benefit of a 2-parent home.

So I understand.

If you got kids, you basically married... But not really... But kinda.

I just really enjoy my ability to cancel a chick with no strings attached.

Like I can just tell her "fukk outta here" and hang up the phone without having to worry about anything.... No court... No kids.... Nothing.

I have the upper hand in all my interactions with women.

I cant see myself giving that up for any reason unless she got bread.

Luckily my girl doesnt trip over stupid shyt like marriage.... She already knows shes getting a Rolex instead of a ring.

I already told my girl why I'm against marriage and she couldn't say shyt but respect it.

& I tell her I dont care if she leaves me cause she wont find better :yeshrug:

Solo ✧✦✧

King of the eXoticals. "FIRsT and LAst wARNiNg"
Daps
I agree with OP :manny:

Personally I'm disgusted by these lames that brag about being in their 30's or 40's and still single. Just doesn't appeal to me. Sure some people enjoy it but it's not my preferred lifestyle and a lot of people that end up like this are unhappy with still being single at that age.

A lot of people have just given up on finding a woman/man that's going to be loyal to them for the rest of their life so you're not going to get through to most people on here. They're already convinced that it's not worth it and thrown in the towel.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
There is literally 1 benefit of marriage take it from me who's never been married

The only thing that ever made me regret not getting married is setting an example for my daughters.

I just don't know what kind of impression I'm leaving on them that they know their parents were never together like that.

They might think that's cool? I don't want them getting pregnant at 16 because they think it's no big deal to have kids with a guy you don't intend on building a life with

I made a mistake there. Other than that there's literally 0 benefit to marriage.
But you have to think what type of example they will get if you’re in a marriage with someone that you didn’t want to marry on the first place.. and the type of dysfunction that could lead to. My parents were together as husband and wife but the effects of that were detrimental long term. I did get pregnant earlier than I should have and made bad decisions as a result of the bad examples that my parents set in their marriage. They eventually divorced when I was older.

Kids sense when an environment is tense or conflictual. It took my being an older adult to understand that. I think as long as you keep communication open and a realistic approach/guidance to them, that’s important. My parents did nothing but lie and cover up the real problems; when I realized this- I lost respect and acted out. If you set expectations and guidance that you also apply to yourself; that makes a difference in how your daughters will conduct themselves.

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps

Again if you find a real one...hold her down and marry her. This player shyt...it gets old...and the game gets lonely and cold .

Do not wait too long to get married .There's a reason a girl is 30 and not married.

Life is not about money...it's about loving your Earth and your seeds. It's about family. It's about REAL friends.

I've gone on too long but the short of it is don't wait to be married, don't wait to have kids...there's nothing else out there.
Please elborate on the bolded a bit more my good man

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
That's too early to make that kind of judgment. Is every dude supposed be six figures six certs by 30? We would all be hurting if all women thought that way. 30 ain't some magical cutoff point. Some women are on their career shyt. Women with advanced degrees be around that age before they even look for husbands
Men are not women and women are not men. Those same women who wait till 30 be the ones tryna force a marriage 2-3 years after meeting a man who "checks off all day the boxes". And be the same women (especially our own) on talk shows/other platforms about how there's no good (black) men because we're not making enough money or the ones who do are playing the field since they finally got the option to. Until science advances to a point where women at large have babies with little to no complications in their 40s, both genders using the same time table will continue to hurt them.

Last edited:

Crispy

Cookie
Daps
Reppin
#GMB OG
No. It’s called having options. I was engaged twice and called it off both times by that age.

I know I wasn’t looking to get married in my early 30s. Wasn’t ready for that level of commitment. Most of my friends that were wives at 25-30.. are divorcees or unhappily married yrs later.
every dude i know including myself that got married in they early/mid 20's is divorced

every single fuking one:picard:

it's crazy there was a whole stage in our lives were we all got married

then a whole stage were we all got divorced :mjcry:

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
“There is one alone, and there is not a second; yea, he hath neither child nor brother: yet is there no end of all his labour; neither is his eye satisfied with riches; neither saith he, For whom do I labour, and bereave my soul of good? This is also vanity, yea, it is a sore travail. Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone? And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭4:8-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps

Did you get dumped today, breh?

FSP

Banned
Daps
But you have to think what type of example they will get if you’re in a marriage with someone that you didn’t want to marry on the first place.. and the type of dysfunction that could lead to. My parents were together as husband and wife but the effects of that were detrimental long term. I did get pregnant earlier than I should have and made bad decisions as a result of the bad examples that my parents set in their marriage. They eventually divorced when I was older.

Kids sense when an environment is tense or conflictual. It took my being an older adult to understand that. I think as long as you keep communication open and a realistic approach/guidance to them, that’s important. My parents did nothing but lie and cover up the real problems; when I realized this- I lost respect and acted out. If you set expectations and guidance that you also apply to yourself; that makes a difference in how your daughters will conduct themselves.
Yeah and our relationship did get toxic..no lies told there.

I really just want to be a figure that they can look up to and I think marriage is one of those things that people "look up to" for whatever reason. I don't wanna get married but I hope I'm not subliminally signalling something to them that I shouldn't be. You bring up a good point to that shyt is strong. A lot of our parents actions weren't taken the way they were meant to be, mine included. Because I went through this so heavy with my parents im literally scared to death of when my girls turn that age. Karma I guess.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Nothing wrong with a person wanting to get married, but don't act like you have a clock where you have to get married by whatever age because that's what society tells you.

You also gotta realize marriage can end anytime, you might think you know a person then who knows what happens. It can end anytime.

Don't get married because you're scared.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
every dude i know including myself that got married in they early/mid 20's is divorced

every single fuking one:picard:

it's crazy there was a whole stage in our lives were we all got married

then a whole stage were we all got divorced :mjcry:
This. That’s what I mean. My brother’s frat brothers- the same, married after college. By mid -late 30s.. finished. I think the love eternally/ fantasy element is not realistic. That’s a temporary fixation or an adrenaline rush then the pressures to settle down by a certain age, not thinking long term, finances, children, realizing the lack of compatibility (goals, mentality) after you’re married and dealing with each other day to day for years and years. It breaks down into what you can or can’t tolerate after that point.