Not open for further replies.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Who did Stevens beat when he was on that 'run?' :francis:

At least Angulo had just come from nearly knocking Lara out. At least Khan didn't jump from WW to 160 like Brook did. Canelo was only 20 and 22 when he fought 'shopworn' Baldomir and Mosley. Clearly they weren't in their prime, but isn't that the way an up and comer is supposed to be brought up? Y'all discredit Trout but everyone was saying Canelo wouldn't face him, as was the same story with Lara, Mayweather, and now, Golvkin.:ld:

Stevens beat Elvin Ayala by KO, Derrick Finley by UD, and Saul Roman by KO. Most of these fights were on NBC sports back when Duva was running shows on that network. That's not great by a long shot, but dude did that in one year before getting a shot at GGG. nikkas ain't fighting 4x a year like that anymore. That's a decent lil run for a C level boxer. You gotta put that into perspective.

Whereas

Angulo who was always touted as a better fighter than Stevens, gets destroyed by Kirkland who is the underdog. Angulo then beats a prospect in Raul Casarez, then goes life and death with another prospect in Jorge Silva where he could have lost. He gets the Lara fight and looks decent scoring 2 knockdowns,but he still gets stopped.

Stevens was way more impressive on his way to a GGG fight than Angulo was leading up to Canelo. Most knew Angulo was shot going into the Canelo fight. Nobody was saying Stevens was shot while on his way to GGG.

Khan may rank higher than Brook all time, but Brook was looked at as the better more fresher fighter of the two when they fought Canelo and Golovkin. This the same Khan that needed a gift to beat Chris Algieri.

I didn't discredit Trout. Its a good solid win for Canelo, but it was still a close competitive fight where some thought it could have gone either way. Canelo still gets props because nikkas aint think he was ready for that type of bout. but.......

The thing is you don't get credit for just facing guys nikkas thought you would duck, You gotta be impressive against them too. What's the point of fighting a bunch of top names but never dominating any and always winning by split or majority decision.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

He's going to peak just at the right time.

Breadman has been questioning GGG's training in the past saying he peaks too early, also says he stays in the mountains too long and should come down earlier.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Stevens beat Elvin Ayala by KO, Derrick Finley by UD, and Saul Roman by KO. Most of these fights were on NBC sports back when Duva was running shows on that network. That's not great by a long shot, but dude did that in one year before getting a shot at GGG. nikkas ain't fighting 4x a year like that anymore. That's a decent lil run for a C level boxer. You gotta put that into perspective.

Whereas

Angulo who was always touted as a better fighter than Stevens, gets destroyed by Kirkland who is the underdog. Angulo then beats a prospect in Raul Casarez, then goes life and death with another prospect in Jorge Silva where he could have lost. He gets the Lara fight and looks decent scoring 2 knockdowns,but he still gets stopped.

Stevens was way more impressive on his way to a GGG fight than Angulo was leading up to Canelo. Most knew Angulo was shot going into the Canelo fight. Nobody was saying Stevens was shot while on his way to GGG.

Khan may rank higher than Brook all time, but Brook was looked at as the better more fresher fighter of the two when they fought Canelo and Golovkin. This the same Khan that needed a gift to beat Chris Algieri.

I didn't discredit Trout. Its a good solid win for Canelo, but it was still a close competitive fight where some thought it could have gone either way. Canelo still gets props because nikkas aint think he was ready for that type of bout. but.......

The thing is you don't get credit for just facing guys nikkas thought you would duck, You gotta be impressive against them too. What's the point of fighting a bunch of top names but never dominating any and always winning by split or majority decision.

To be honest, I think it's pathetic that we're comparing Lemieux or Stevens to fighters like Angulo or Kirkland just to defend Golovkin. Angulo and Kirkland aren't even two of Canelo's best wins.

Don't give Canelo credit for winning, but I sure as hell ain't giving Golovkin credit for absence of quality. The only fighter even remotely as good as Cotto, Mayweather, Lara or Trout is Jacobs, and Golovkin barely beat him. Using your logic, he shouldn't get credit for arguably his best W so far.:francis:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
They both have average resumes to me.

Both of their best wins are arguably robberies (Lara & Jacobs), which leads to the best clear win for them is Austin Trout & David Lemieux...not exactly the toughest opposition:jbhmm:

This fight is going to officially stamp one or the other as better...as long as there's no controversies
I disagree with the robbery part. I thought Canelo beat Lara cleanly in a close fight, but there is no way I can give Lara a draw or victory in a fight he spent the majority running scared of being caught by Canelo.
Also felt GGG won a clear close victory over Jacobs. Don't understand the people who claim GGG was getting a boxing lesson. Jacobs did enough to win some rounds and they were real close at that. The rest of the fight GGG controlled it with his jab and had two rounds where he significantly hurt Jacobs.

The fight I felt was closer for Canelo than Lara was the Trout fight.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
To be honest, I think it's pathetic that we're comparing Lemieux or Stevens to fighters like Angulo or Kirkland just to defend Golovkin. Angulo and Kirkland aren't even two of Canelo's best wins.

Don't give Canelo credit for winning, but I sure as hell ain't giving Golovkin credit for absence of quality. The only fighter even remotely as good as Cotto, Mayweather, Lara or Trout is Jacobs, and Golovkin barely beat him. Using your logic, he shouldn't get credit for arguably his best W so far.:francis:

It's not pathetic, we talking boxing1101 right here breh. Lemieux and Stevens although not great fighters, were in their physical prime and on a decent run before facing GGG. Of course they are better wins then washed up Angulo and Kirkland. Not only the name counts, but the time you meet them in the ring too.

I mean by your logic Joppy should get as much credit for KOing Duran as Hearns did.

Taylor gets more credit for beating Ouma than Golovkin does even though it was his step up fight. One guy fought a prime 154ber that moved up while the other didn't and fought a past it version that was still competitive as hell.

nikkas is already saying Canelo got the better resume, but his mid tier wins were mostly against guys that were smaller or past it. nikkas can't have it both ways. Canelo did what he was supposed to do with those guys. He gets credit for it, but not heaps of it like you would want him too.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
bosses do what they want, suckas do what they can.:umad:

Canelo said fukk it, first fight north of Canelo weight is gonna be at 164, and now he's going at the mw boogeyman.

First of all, how did Canelo end up fighting above 160 before Golovkin did?:heh:

Secondly, how you gonna question canelo's confidence when he skipped over everyone at the weight and is headed straight into a fight with Golovkin?:dahell:
Little g dikk riders still talking about this scared shyt when these two are literally going to be in the ring against each other in 3 weeks time:dahell:......fukkin retards man:mjlol:

In 3 weeks Canelo will have done something little g has never had the courage to do. Move up a weight division and fight the best guy there:pachaha:......Just be grateful Canelo decided to give this chump a meal ticket and shut the fukk up:CaneLMAO:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
IBF Abolishes Second Weigh-in For Unification Bouts

By Steve Kim

As Terence Crawford and Julius Indongo fought for all the major belts this past weekend (WBA, WBC, WBO and IBF), neither fighter was required by the IBF to participate in a second weigh-in before the fight. Their rules state that boxers who are in IBF title fights can not weigh more than 10 pounds above the weight limit.

IBF president, Daryl Peoples, while on vacation sent a statement, via text, to BoxingScene.com:

"During the IBF convention in May, we decided to waive the second day weigh-ins for unification bouts. However we encourage all fighters to participate in both weight-ins," Peoples stated.

canelo-golovkin%20(1)_1.jpg

This rule change probably stemmed from the situation that took place on March 18th when unified middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin faced Daniel Jacobs in New York.

Golovkin, who has the WBC, IBO, WBA and IBF titles, was obligated to participate in the Saturday morning weigh-in if he wanted to fight for the IBF belt.

Jacobs, perhaps gaming the system, decided not to go through with the IBF procedure and made the decision to just compete for the WBC and WBA belts. Many believe that Jacobs came in significantly heavier than Golovkin as they both stepped into the ring at Madison Square Garden.

Perhaps sensing that this rule would unfairly handicap unified belt-holders like Golovkin, the IBF made this amendment.

On September 16th Golovkin faces Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez as he puts his middleweight titles on the line.

saul%20alvarez.jpg

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
So after all that crying and complaining about Jacobs now the rule is abolished
I'm a triple g fan and I never understood the complaining.

So if triple g team knew that he was going to come in heavy then they would have prepared differently??

I don't see much in the outcome.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Word is canelo was going to pull out and not fight for that belt after all, canelo was able to change a rule just like that which was in place for decades :whoo:

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Anyone have reference point of fights Canelo been seriously hurt in? Hardest shot he been hit with?

Status
Not open for further replies.