Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
36seasons%20Poster.jpg

Tracklist:
1. “The Battlefield” ft. Kool G Rap, AZ & Tre Williams (Produced by Fizzy Womack & The Revelations)
2. “Love Don’t Live Here No More” ft. Kandace Springs (Produced by Malik Abdul-Rahmaan & The Revelations)
3. “Here I Go Again” ft. AZ & Rell (Produced by Fizzy Womack & The Revelations)
4. “Loyalty” ft. Kool G Rap & Nems (Produced by The Revelations)
5. “It’s A Thin Line Between Love And Hate (The Revelations)” (Produced by The Revelations)
6. “The Dog’s of War” ft. Shawn Wigs & Kool G Rap (Produced by The Revelations)
7. “Emergency Procedure” ft. Pharoahe Monch (Produced by The Revelations)
8. “Double Cross” ft. AZ (Produced by The Revelations)
9. “Bamboo’s Lament” ft. Kandace Springs (Produced by Malik Abdul-Rahmaan & The Revelations)
10. “Pieces of the Puzzle” ft. AZ (Produced by The Revelations)
11. “Homicide” ft. Nems & Shawn Wigs] (Produced by Malik Abdul-Rahmaan & The Revelations)
12. “Blood in the Streets” ft. AZ (Produced by The 45 King & The Revelations)
13. “Call My Name” (Produced by The Revelations)
14. “I Love You For All Seasons” (Produced by The Revelations)

Stream: http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=366345902&m=366642108

Album snippets:
http://www.junodownload.com/products/ghostface-killah-36-seasons/2634903-02/?trackid=11

Sampler:

First single:

The Battlefield, featuring Kool G Rap, AZ and Tre Williams:

Double Cross, featuring AZ:

Blood in the Streets, feat. AZ

Homicide, feat Nems and Shawn Wigs:

From Ghost's FB page:

GHOSTFACE KILLAH’S ‘36 SEASONS’

REVENGE CONCEPT ALBUM OUT DEC 9 ON TOMMY BOY

On his new release ‘36 Seasons’ (Dec 9th -- Salvation/Tommy Boy), the Ghostface Killah has been re-imagined as a hip-hop superhero for the 21st century--a Staten Island vigilante inspired by a quest for personal retribution and bent on saving his community from the grips of crooked authority and urban decay.

Ghostface once again delivers what fans of The Wu-Tang and his impressive solo catalog crave: desperate tales from the dark side over soulful boom-bap tracks. The soundscape is provided by acclaimed Brooklyn soul band/production team The Revelations. Their hard-hitting tracks match the intensity of Ghost’s violent narrative. Co-producers on the album include The 45 King, Fizzy Womack (M.O.P) Angela Johnson and newcomer Malik Abdul-Rahmaan

Ghostface’s co-stars on ‘36 Seasons’ are legendary lyricists and storytellers in their own right, 3 of the greatest of all-time: AZ, Kool G Rap and Pharoahe Monch. The album also features vocal contributions from Blue Note Records’ rising star Kandace Springs and gritty soul singers Rell and Tre Williams.

The album will be released on CD and all digital formats by pioneering NYC hip hop label, Tommy Boy. Vinyl records as well as deluxe, direct-to-fan packages including T-Shirts, posters and more will be available exclusively fromGetOnDown.com. Pre-orders are available now at iTunes and GetOnDown.comfor Vinyl, CDs and Deluxe Fan Bundles

To visually flesh out the album’s dark and twisted world, the CD and vinyl packaging includes a booklet with 20 pages of striking images from a host of stellar comic artists and produced by Matthew Rosenberg, the creator of Ghostface’s 2013 comic mini-series, ‘12 Reasons to Die.’

http://www.grooveattack.com/2014/11/05/ghostface-killah-36-seasons/
Tony Starks returns to Staten Island after 9 years, like a man returning home from a war. He wants the company of old friends, to reunite with his girl, to live a quiet life.

But New York has other plans for him…

Pitchfork Media has said “Ghostface has unparalleled storytelling instincts. He might be the best, most colorful storyteller rap has ever seen”. Q Magazine called him “rap’s finest storyteller”. On his new release 36 Seasons those powers have never been more in-focus, as he takes his listeners on a gut-wrenching journey of double-cross and revenge through the rough and rugged housing projects of New York’s Staten Island.

On 36 Seasons Ghostface once again delivers exactly what the hardcore Wu-fans crave: desperate tales from the dark side over soulful boom-bap tracks. The soundscape is provided The Revelations [Brooklyn’s acclaimed soul band/production team]. Their hard-hitting tracks match the intensity of Ghost’s violent narrative. His co-stars on 36 Seasons are legendary lyricists and storytellers in their own right, 3 of the greatest of all-time: AZ, Kool G Rap and Pharoahe Monch. The album also features vocal contributions from Blue Note Records’ rising star Kandace Springs and gritty soul singers Rell and Tre Williams.

To visually flesh out the album’s dark and twisted world, the CD's packaging includes 20 pages of striking images from a host of stellar comic artists, curated by the team that created Ghostface’s 2013 six-issue comic mini-series, 12 Reasons to Die. Available from 12.12.2014 (Date has since been changed to 12.9.2014).

Last edited:

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
So I guess Ghost wasn't playing when he said he wanted to put out like 7 albums in 37 months :heh:

http://www.clashmusic.com/features/the-sure-shot-the-rise-of-ghostface-killah

"Clash takes the opportunity to follow up on a statement that ‘Twelve Reasons To Die’ would be his last hip-hop release before moving into R&B. Pointing out that he’s slated to release albums with (MF) DOOM and Wu-Tang, plus the sequel to his classic, ‘Supreme Clientele’, we ask if he still intends to give up on rap.

“Yeah, we got the DOOM album, but I did wanna just chill for a minute,” the rapper admits. “There’s too much shyt that’s coming, so I’ll do ‘Supreme’, then DOOM. I keeping coming up with other names for albums and shyt – for some reason if I come up with a banging name I wanna make that work. But that’s how I felt before definitely, I do gotta do another R&B album. Probably like another seven more albums, which shouldn’t take no time; that should be within the next 37 months.”

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I wasn't impressed by it at all. I did, however, like the brown tape. Ghost hasn't impressed me since Big Doe Rehab.

I hear ya, but a lot of cats really didn't take 12 Reasons for what it is. For some reason dudes were expecting 12 Reasons to be Supreme Clientele 2 because RZA had executive producer credits. I loved the album, both the Adrian Younge version and the Apollo Brown version.

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Ok, so far Ghost has these albums supposedly done or near complete:

- This 36 Seasons album with the Revelations soul band, supposedly being released in December.
- The album with BADBADNOTGOOD (Sour Soul) that's supposed to be out in February.
- Supreme Clientele 2
- Wu Block 2, which is finished.
- The religious themed album with Killah Priest
- DoomStarks, which Doom seems like he doesn't wanna release
- Another album he did with Adrian Younge I guess this is the follow up to 12 Reasons to Die :yeshrug:
- Another R&B album

Last edited:

FrankieLymon757

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Breh's his drive is impeccable and always has been but from a lyrical standpoint I'm worried....off beat raps and cringe worthy punchlines is what I hope we don't get but last five years have been nonthing but that...and 12 Reasons may have been heralded through out the media as top notch but that's only from a musical stance....dude came so elementary wit it but I let him slide cause it wasn't his idea he was just following suit....not to mention I wanna hear what he has to say on the new Wu joint....don't let me down Brother Starks !

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
12 Reasons was heralded all across the board. Ghosts' performance and the production. Ghost was reigned in because of a script he had to adhere to from Adrian Younge but he did a great job regardless. Now we don't know the full specifics of this album but Ghost may not be lyrically restricted by a script given to him.

FrankieLymon757

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Agree to disagree cause I feel its Ghost worst right after Big Doe Rehab...I'm replayin this joint now just to post another opinion on it down the line...my gripe is the its a Horrorcore album and Ghost was never on that tip so he was very out of his element...Rza or Masta Killa should have did this instead...

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Agree to disagree cause I feel its Ghost worst right after Big Doe Rehab...I'm replayin this joint now just to post another opinion on it down the line...my gripe is the its a Horrorcore album and Ghost was never on that tip so he was very out of his element...Rza or Masta Killa should have did this instead...

See, that's the problem...people don't know what 12 Reasons is. It's not horrorcore, bro. It's an Italian love story/crime opera. It's a short and sweet story about love, betrayal and revenge. A very dope lil concept album.