GO CHECK YOUR DEBIT CARDS NOW!!

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
what type of world do you nikkas live in where y’all expect people to stop using debit cards :dead:

some of y’all say the dumbest shyt sometimes
Explain to me why, unless a person has really fukked up credit(and even then, there are ways around this for the most part), should anyone in 2021 still use a debit card over a credit card.

If you’re referring to monetary discipline, then yeah, I can see why, but thats a personal thing.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
STOP USING DEBIT CARDS!!

How many times do we have to say this :mindblown:

Use a credit card… purchase shyt with the institution’s money, if there’s an issue, have them figure it out, pay the balance in full each month.
This is the answer. Debit card uses your money. Credit card uses their money until you pay it with your money. If there’s a problem dispute the transaction and somebody with a much stronger power flex than you will take care of it.

I only made that change a couple of years ago from getting advise online, but when I did I saw how much better it was.

The right setup is to split up the direct deposit with most going into the “debit” bank account, a “good bit” in the savings account, and a small amount in something like a credit union (50 bucks out of every paycheck goes a long way).

Only spend from a rewards credit card. Make sure you zero the balance out every month. You get paid for every purchase, and if an emergency comes up put it on the card. Your will have a month and a 28 day grace period to catch up.

When shopping online, I only use virtual cards like Capital One Enos or PayPal Key.

I needed to come up with something cause I kept overdrafting and digging into savings.

seymour cake

All Star
Daps
STOP USING DEBIT CARDS!!

Use a credit card… purchase shyt with the institution’s money, if there’s an issue, have them figure it out, pay the balance in full each month.
I usually do it like this but i got crazy with the swiping and ran up my credit.. I got to stop playing and pay my shyt off.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Telling people to always borrow money IOT never use a debit card is awful financial advice.

If a person can’t treat his or her credit card like a debit card in practice (i.e. don’t spend more than you can afford and pay off your balance every month so you don’t accrue interest), he or she needs better financial discipline

I’ve never rolled a card balance to the next month.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I used to work for a bank, seeing this kinda shyt everyday but the crazy thing is I’ve been using debit, credit, PayPal, etc for a long time and nothing EVER happened with my money. Between bank transactions, people somehow not knowing if a shopping website is reputable or not, and people still clicking phishing links in 2021, I think most of this shyt be the person’s own fault…

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
STOP USING DEBIT CARDS!!

Exactly :blessed:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If a person can’t treat his or her credit card like a debit card in practice (i.e. don’t spend more than you can afford and pay off your balance every month so you don’t accrue interest) he or she needs better financial discipline

I’ve never rolled a card balance to the next month.
Just because someone never learns discipline doesn’t make them a bad person, they just have to stick with products that work best for their habits. Very few people are disciplined, financially and in other areas as well.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
If a person can’t treat his or her credit card like a debit card in practice (i.e. don’t spend more than you can afford and pay off your balance every month so you don’t accrue interest) he or she needs better financial discipline

Ive never rolled a card balance to the next month.

What world do you live in where everyone has financial discipline?

Daps
what type of world do you nikkas live in where y’all expect people to stop using debit cards :dead:

Insults aside, why do you think it’s impractical to use credit cards instead of debit cards?

Aside from those who have really bad credit and can’t get a credit card, of course. But those people should be focused on repairing their credit enough to be able to get a cc so they can enjoy all the benefits.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I'm on the credit card train but there's a reason why credit card debt is the second highest consumer debt in the United States.

A lot of people aren't disciplined enough to use a credit card responsibly. Once you start paying interest the game is lost. Some places charge higher fees if you use a credit card. Its not for everyone.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Explain to me why, unless a person has really fukked up credit(and even then, there are ways around this for the most part), should anyone in 2021 still use a debit card over a credit card.

If you’re referring to monetary discipline, then yeah, I can see why, but thats a personal thing.
Lol people are still regularly over drafting their checking accounts, you think they are paying their credit cards off in full every month? All those “points” they are earning are negated by interest on the carrying balance.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU

:whoa:

The op just gave a very valid reason to stop using debit cards. If you get scammed, or there is some type of fraud, or identity theft you have to be on top of it and stress to get your money back.

When you use credit, that’s the credit card company’s money. All you have to do is click the button to report it.

The only catch to credit card’s is if you carry a balance you will have to pay those high interest rates.

Still using a debit card in 2021 is like using a checkbook in 2001.