GO CHECK YOUR DEBIT CARDS NOW!!

seymour cake

All Star
Daps
Telling people to always borrow money IOT never use a debit card is awful financial advice.
Thats a fact. If a person is new to credit they shouldnt try this.. They dont have the discipline to stop spending.. shyt thats what happened to me, but its a good lesson learned cause now i know how to manage it.. That's exactly why credit should be taught in school's..

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Just because someone never learns discipline doesn’t make them a bad person, they just have to stick with products that work best for their habits. Very few people are disciplined, financially and in other areas as well.

who said anything about them being a bad person? It’s simply an approach to money that needs correcting

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If a person can’t treat his or her credit card like a debit card in practice (i.e. don’t spend more than you can afford and pay off your balance every month so you don’t accrue interest), he or she needs better financial discipline

I’ve never rolled a card balance to the next month.

I think you need to step out of your bubble and realize that not every person is the same. Just because you have the ability to not carry balances every month doesn't mean the next person can.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think you need to step out of your bubble and realize that not every person is the same. Just because you have the ability to not carry balances every month doesn't mean the next person can.

This isn’t about income levels.

If you treat your credit card like a debit card, you’re in the same position with additional benefits

seymour cake

All Star
Daps
I used to work for a bank, seeing this kinda shyt everyday but the crazy thing is I’ve been using debit, credit, PayPal, etc for a long time and nothing EVER happened with my money. Between bank transactions, people somehow not knowing if a shopping website is reputable or not, and people still clicking phishing links in 2021, I think most of this shyt be the person’s own fault…
It cant be my fault im not doing nothing but swiping my card. It's either them companies double dipping or somebody just hacking and scamming.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Insults aside, why do you think it’s impractical to use credit cards instead of debit cards?

Aside from those who have really bad credit and can’t get a credit card, of course. But those people should be focused on repairing their credit enough to be able to get a cc so they can enjoy all the benefits.

the United States government itself is in debt to China and others but y’all think Timmy on the block should always use credit cards?

Telling people to use credit over debit is not practical at all. That will only fukk up peoples lives even more and put them in even more debt. Telling people to put safeguards on their debit cards is way more practical than telling someone to “just use a credit card”.

The average American is already in debt up to their necks because of student loans, housing cost, car notes, etc.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
who said anything about them being a bad person? It’s simply an approach to money that needs correcting

Using a credit card isn’t a necessity, spending within your means is. IF you have the discipline to use a credit card, do so, otherwise there are products like debit cards.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:whoa:

The op just gave a very valid reason to stop using debit cards. If you get scammed, or there is some type of fraud, or identity theft you have to be on top of it and stress to get your money back.

When you use credit, that’s the credit card company’s money. All you have to do is click the button to report it.

The only catch to credit card’s is if you carry a balance you will have to pay those high interest rates.

Still using a debit card in 2021 is like using a checkbook in 2001.

thecoli.com

Where using a debit card in 2021 is like using a checkbook.

Where you shouldn’t go to college.

where you shouldn’t vote.

where Lil baby is trash.

where MLK & Obama are c00ns.

These are things I’ve only heard on this dumb ass site :francis:

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Lol people are still regularly over drafting their checking accounts, you think they are paying their credit cards off in full every month? All those “points” they are earning are negated by interest on the carrying balance.

So what’s the correct advice?

We live in a country where most people are obese… are dieticians just supposed to accept that most people aren’t going to stop eating unhealthy and don’t want to get out and exercise?

Edit: I have always thought like y’all thinking but I was hurting myself. Once you get caught up in the overdrafts it’s too stressful cause you looking at that looming zero balance. Wife be like “Hey let’s go out to eat” and you’re like:mjcry: in your soul.

Once those rewards stack up, you can feast on that. My BIL, get use his credit card for work and pay it back with the reimbursement. Him and his wife stay in Ruth Chris using nothing but gift card from reward points.

Last edited:
Daps
the United States government itself is in debt to China and others but y’all think Timmy on the block should always use credit cards?

Telling people to use credit over debit is not practical at all. That will only fukk up peoples lives even more and put them in even more debt. Telling people to put safeguards on their debit cards is way more practical than telling someone to “just use a credit card”.

The average American is already in debt up to their necks because of student loans, housing cost, car notes, etc.

You can set up automatic cc payments to clear the balance each month. Don’t know why y’all acting like using a cc like a debit card requires some impractical amount of financial literacy/discipline.

No one is advocating anyone go into cc debt. You just accept that people can’t do it, I don’t. Sometimes people need to be told to grow the fukk up otherwise they will always be in their predicament.