GO CHECK YOUR DEBIT CARDS NOW!!

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
I address this in my quote below.

I don't disagree with you that credit cards being more beneficial than debit cards to the prudent person. But again, not every person is disciplined enough to faithfully pay off their credit card balances. After all, we live in a consumerist society which is funneled by easy credit. Those who can't or don't trust themselves to overspend and/or pay off their balances shouldn't be using credit cards.
Managing a credit card with a zero balance is no different than a managing debit card with overdraft. If you can’t do one, you can’t do the other. I’m not pretending like I’m an expert I just had to change what I was doing cause I was getting ate up.

Nobody is even in here talking to all of society. We talking to each other, and there’s some good advice in here.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The problem with credit cards isn’t just reckless spending or Americans being irresponsible.

It’s poverty. I don’t know why Coli brehs are acting like that isn’t the major concern. Losing your job, having emergencies, low pay, etc. will all put you in a financial bind - and if you lean too hard on a credit card, you end up getting screwed. Now you’re paying off debt and fighting mounting interest.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
What banks are you using. My bank alerts me to any unusual activity on my debit card and if its not mine it gets blocked and I can get another one the same day or next business day. The other thing is too advising someone to take on credit cards for rewards etc. is a middle class mindset in other words middle/upper middle class people can do that more and even then they can get caught up in CC debt isn't that easy to just discharge.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Knock it OFF

Credit Cards are HORRIBLE for most people.

Some are even predatory.

ive seen CC debt RUIN peoples credit.
Cash back credit cards, which is what they are referring to, are on on a higher level and are not predatory. I guess it’s hard to explain until you try it. I don’t believe Capital One is going to mess me over.

I don’t even spend money like that, but I have to be getting back at least $20-$30 a month in rewards where I used to be always hustling to switch money money from savings to dodge an overdraft.

Right now, my bank account is actually looking healthy like a functioning adult and I have around $500 free dollars to spend on whatever.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
The problem with credit cards isn’t just reckless spending or Americans being irresponsible.

It’s poverty. I don’t know why Coli brehs are acting like that isn’t the major concern. Losing your job, having emergencies, low pay, etc. will all put you in a financial bind - and if you lean too hard on a credit card, you end up getting screwed. Now you’re paying off debt and fighting mounting interest.
People in here are not talking about getting a scammy Habib’s VIP moneycard. We are talking about getting a real card that gives cash back. And we are talking about maintaining a zero balance. Instead of swiping the debit. Swipe the credit and immediately paying that balance back to credit card. It’s basically the same thing

But the argument seems to be around getting a credit card and maxing it out and paying the minimum every month. When that’s not the conversation.

AggiePride336.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
People in here are not talking about getting a scammy Habib’s VIP moneycard. We are talking about getting a real card that gives cash back. And we are talking about maintaining a zero balance. Instead of swiping the debit. Swipe the credit and immediately paying that balance back to credit card. It’s basically the same thing

But the argument seems to be around getting a credit card and maxing it out and paying the minimum every month. When that’s not the conversation.
Is this even feasible for a good portion of black Americans, let alone, most Americans? If your credit is trash, and/or youve gone through a bankruptcy, which a lot of black Americans have, are they giving out cards that give cash back? These top of the line credit cards?

Any credit card you’d get under those circumstances are secured, or Habibs money card.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Is this even feasible for a good portion of black Americans, let alone, most Americans? If your credit is trash, and/or youve gone through a bankruptcy, which a lot of black Americans have, are they giving out cards that give cash back? These top of the line credit cards?

Any credit card you’d get under those circumstances are secured, or Habibs money card.
Anybody can get that Amazon card. I wasn’t trying to talk to all of America just people in the thread.

To be fair I was giving my experience.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Explain to me why, unless a person has really fukked up credit(and even then, there are ways around this for the most part), should anyone in 2021 still use a debit card over a credit card.

If you’re referring to monetary discipline, then yeah, I can see why, but thats a personal thing.

I have very good credit, and always use my debit card.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:whoa:

The op just gave a very valid reason to stop using debit cards. If you get scammed, or there is some type of fraud, or identity theft you have to be on top of it and stress to get your money back.

When you use credit, that’s the credit card company’s money. All you have to do is click the button to report it.

The only catch to credit card’s is if you carry a balance you will have to pay those high interest rates.

Still using a debit card in 2021 is like using a checkbook in 2001.

The Reason Why People Like Dave Ramsey Advise Against Credit Cards Is Not So Much Cause They’re “Evil” It’s Because The Average Person Simply Does Not Have The Mental Fortitude It Takes To Properly Use Them As Everyday Tools

You Guys DONT Know Someone On Here Well Enough To Laugh And Say “You Still You Debit Cards!? Hardy Har Har!”

There’s People Here That Are Financially Savy, And Who Claim They Pay Off Their Balance Monthly Who Still Allow Themselves Cheats On Big Purchases On Some “Well I Can Pay It Off In 4 Payments” shyt

So Could You Imagine What Someone With No Discipline Can Do?

Can You Imagine A Personal Trainer On Day One Saying “You Know You Can Eat Big Macs And STILL Lose Weight Right?” :shaq:

Is It The Truth? Yes, But That Takes Discipline , You Don’t Just Tell Any Old Fattie That Or It’s Setting Them Up To Fail

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So my brother just hit me saying he walked in to a restaurant and paid cash for his food because he didnt have any money on his card and later on found out that his card overdrafted from this same restaurant.. So he paid cash but somehow his card was charged the exact same amount that he paid in cash..

That made me check my card because i went to this same restaurant earlier in the day.. My food came up to $30 but when i looked at my bank statement i was charged an extra $10 somehow.. Mind you i only swiped once for $30..

That made me look at the last two months of transactions, i noticed that 3 different stores i visited charged my card twice in the same day for more than i spent at the store..

Have any of yall had this problem recently?

Im the type too never check my bank statements so aint no telling how long this shyt been happening.. This some bull shyt i wonder if a few companies systems are hacked or what but im not feeling this shyt.
bruh you swiped ur debit card in the shytty bodega ATM u probably got ur info stolen lol
call ur bank get a new card

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
I have very good credit, and always use my debit card.
I think you need to re-read my post.

I asked why should one with good credit and financial discipline use a debit card over a credit card. Even if you ignore the perks/points/cashback etc.. there's an extra layer of security and convenience using a credit card over a debit card, ESPECIALLY when travelling.

If your debit card gets compromised/lost/stolen, you've now lost access to YOUR money until you get a new card. You lose a credit card, you've only lost access to that institution's line of credit until they ship you a new card. You still have access to other lines of credit via other credit cards and you still have your debit card as a fallback.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
what type of world do you nikkas live in where y’all expect people to stop using debit cards :dead:

some of y’all say the dumbest shyt sometimes
There’s a thread on here showing a video of some guy saying you should never use debit cards ever again and only use credit and a lot of posters on here ran with it and been saying it ever since