GO CHECK YOUR DEBIT CARDS NOW!!

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
So what’s in it for the credit card company that issued you a card?

they make money on my transactions. But the fidelity visa for example has no annual fee and I’ve never paid interest on it.

sounds like you don’t trust yourself using credit cards. And that’s ok. But that isn’t the case for everyone.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
STOP USING DEBIT CARDS!!

How many times do we have to say this :mindblown:

Use a credit card… purchase shyt with the institution’s money, if there’s an issue, have them figure it out, pay the balance in full each month.
Been doing since I got those 3 cards approved. One for Gas, one for Food, one for Bill's:ehh:

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
lol ok. Even though I have liquidity I understand because of inflation it’s losing its value over time. My fidelity investments alone from their cb is more than offsetting that money in my accounts getting hit with inflation.

you don’t have to use credit cards. Do you. But just blindly thinking everyone is getting fleeced by credit cards is patently false.
I already said that I use credit cards for convenience and not to play the rewards game. Every customer for the credit card company brings back a positive return on investment so no one is really beating the system. The rewards program is there is trap the people that don’t pay any interest. Irresponsible card users trap themselves.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
they make money on my transactions. But the fidelity visa for example has no annual fee and I’ve never paid interest on it.

sounds like you don’t trust yourself using credit cards. And that’s ok. But that isn’t the case for everyone.
Your transactions are all that matters. They collect merchant fees off those so they need you to keep spending. I’m on the same side as the credit card company so I know what the business model is.

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
I already said that I use credit cards for convenience and not to play the rewards game. Every customer for the credit card company brings back a positive return on investment so no one is really beating the system. The rewards program is there is trap the people that don’t pay any interest. Irresponsible card users trap themselves.

I never said I’m beating the card company. I’m getting kickbacks for doing what I’ve always done.

you said you only see credit cards as worthy when making large purchases. So it sounds like you don’t trust yourself to use them consistently. And again that’s ok. But some, many of us are using it in a responsible manner.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Your transactions are all that matters. They collect merchant fees off those so they need you to keep spending. I’m on the same side as the credit card company so I know what the business model is.

I mean, is there an alternative?

How else am I going to get food and essentials unless I keep spending?

I kinda get what you're saying, except that everything you're saying is nullified by the fact that people have to buy shyt to survive.

Edit: Damn I can't believe I got baited into this troll conversation. :smh:

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps

I knew that already. Again that has no bearing on me responsibly using them to get a kickback though.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
I never said I’m beating the card company. I’m getting kickbacks for doing what I’ve always done.

you said you only see credit cards as worthy when making large purchases. So it sounds like you don’t trust yourself to use them consistently. And again that’s ok. But some, many of us are using it in a responsible manner.
I’m not a credit card everyday advocate so it ain’t about trust. I like what the credit card companies have done with their marketing. The proof is in this very thread, I can’t tell y’all shyt.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
I mean, is there an alternative?

How else am I going to get food and essentials unless I keep spending?

I kinda get what you're saying, except that everything you're saying is nullified by the fact that people have to buy shyt to survive.

Edit: Damn I can't believe I got baited into this troll conversation. :smh:
You will appreciate this conversation one day. This is info I could charge for

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
I’m not a credit card everyday advocate so it ain’t about trust. I like what the credit card companies have done with their marketing. The proof is in this very thread, I can’t tell y’all shyt.

If you’re using credit cards for large purchases but not everyday then it seems like you don’t trust yourself for those daily/monthly balances. Nothing wrong with that either. But a lot of us trust ourselves, and have been successful.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Yeah I got both. Card hit with a fraud charge they call me instantly and ask if the charge legit or not.

Never had an issue with debit or credit cards. Now a days long as you with a legit bank any funny charges the bank hitting you up instantly on debit charges.

shyt I was in China and India and charged like 30 bucks on my debit card. Bank blocked that shyt in a mili second and deactivated my card. Then sent me a text talking fraud alert (banks don't play with transactions in China and india).
This was because you didn't alert them that you would be in China and India. Before you go on an overseas vacation you have to put in a "travel notice" with your cards bank to let them know what countries you'll be visiting. Its easy to do online and on the banks apps. You just type in that you'll be in China & India from this date to that date and I'll be using my debit and credit card and there you're good to go. Say you live in Houston and all your swipes and purchases are all within Texas for years then you fly to China and swipe then that's a red flag without them being notified.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You will appreciate this conversation one day. This is info I could charge for

The problem with this statement is that you are speaking to people who know what they’re doing. If a breh tells you he’s been using credit cards for normal shyt he buys every day and has never paid interest for 7, 8, 9, 10 years, this kind of speak falls flat on its face. You seem to think “credit card bad” in all scenarios and ignore people who tell you how they haven’t managed their debt responsibly. That’s just being bullheaded.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
So what’s in it for the credit card company that issued you a card?
They hardly make anything off the guy or gal who pays their bill in full every month. They make billions off the people who carry balances and pay interest. That's where the money is for them. Its probably like 10% or less of people who pay in full every month and 90% people who carry a balance and rack up debt year in and year out. The pay in full reward maximizers crowd is a loss for the banks but they take that risk because the balance carriers more than make up for it x1000.