God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think I might check out 2018 real quick. Because I can’t understand how I can almost platinum this game, but that one I was done as soon as the story was over.

It wasn’t bad obviously, but idk.

Good luck I tried going back to it and couldnt get used to the controls again. You really feel the missing upgraded combat and movement in ragnarok after you play 2018 again

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Good luck I tried going back to it and couldnt get used to the controls again. You really feel the missing upgraded combat and movement in ragnarok after you play 2018 again
Breh, I can literally start NG+ right now in Ragnarok. That’s how good this game is.

I got all these upgrades n shyt.

I looked online and a decent amount of people say 2018 is better. I don’t think so tbh.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Breh, I can literally start NG+ right now in Ragnarok. That’s how good this game is.

I looked online and a decent amount of people say 2018 is better. I don’t think so tbh.

I can see if you like the smaller, more focused narrative, basically the same as TLOU. We have to go there *points* and thats the journey

But actual gameplay wise, it doesn’t really hold a candle to how good the sequel plays. For both games. Theres a simple truth in that people are prisoners of nostalgia, you can’t recreate their first time experiencing a new story so the sequel will never live up to the first iteration for them

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

The narrative is slightly better in 2018. I don't think any moment in Ragnarok topped the chains moment or the Baldur fight. But from a strictly gameplay level Ragnarok is much better. And i kinda hated the new controls at first but you see what they were going for once the gameplay clicks for you.

But I can always and still do from time to time load up 2018 and fight Sigrun. That fight will never get old.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
The narrative is slightly better in 2018. I don't think any moment in Ragnarok topped the chains moment or the Baldur fight. But from a strictly gameplay level Ragnarok is much better. And i kinda hated the new controls at first but you see what they were going for once the gameplay clicks for you.

But I can always and still do from time to time load up 2018 and fight Sigrun. That fight will never get old.
Yeah getting the blades of chaos was ill af. Imma have to see what else there is to do in 2018.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Gna smut ass not even that difficult. She’s just has these cheesy ass grab moves.

Imma find a way to dodge that shyt.

DTXwavey_02

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Got the plat on this game and surprisingly I enjoyed it, never played the first one either lol. Didot even plan on getting it but I wanted a ps5 and it came with the game:yeshrug:

I didn’t care for artreus as a character or a gameplay element at all tho:scust:, and some of the bosses were a bytch, but I found out about realm shifting and bosses were a breeze. But overall I had a good time

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I’m playing 2018 and I can’t believe how much of an a$$hole Kratos was back then.

He telling Atreus and Mimir to STFU. No type of humor.

“Boy!! Read it!!” “Shut up head!!”

:mjlol: :mjlol:

I don’t even remember feeling like this about him when I first played it.

I guess it’s because he went from a screaming angry maniac in the OG GOW to a cold and calm a$$hole in 2018.

He’s really a brand new person in ragnarok.

Breh went from calling him boy to saying he’s Atreus’ champion.

:mjcry::mjcry:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m playing 2018 and I can’t believe how much of an a$$hole Kratos was back then.

He telling Atreus and Mimir to STFU. No type of humor.

“Boy!! Read it!!” “Shut up head!!”

:mjlol: :mjlol:

I don’t even remember feeling like this about him when I first played it.

I guess it’s because he went from a screaming angry maniac in the OG GOW to a cold and calm a$$hole in 2018.

He’s really a brand new person in ragnarok.

Breh went from calling him boy to saying he’s Atreus’ champion.

:mjcry::mjcry:

Yeah, its hard to go back to a$$hole kratos. I like Naruto Kratos that inspires his friends and family with the confidence of a general and benevolent god

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Now what are you gonna do?
Finish the reaming Asgard Remnants, fight the dragon on the beach, then find the Tyr locations.

I believe that’s all that’s left.

I fought the stone trolls, I saw Thurd, talked to the turtle. I think that was all of the other optional stuff.

2018 ain’t got shyt on this, but I’m playing it on the side as well.

:ehh::ehh: