Gone Fishing in the Bayou (0-4) - Portland (3) v. New Orleans [ADVANCE] (6) Round 1

Who You Wit?

• Trail Blazers

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • Put some repeck on the Pelicans

Votes: 41 50.6%
  • 4 GAMES

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 5 GAMES

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • 6 GAMES

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • 7 GAMES

Votes: 13 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
This gonna be a unpopular opinion but Niko a better fit with ad than cousins.Pelicans needs spacing and shooters around ad let cousins walk

better defense,less turnovers,ad and holiday eat and more spacing .
the thing is cousins can do everything niko is doing but better. He’s legit niko with more toughness, better rebounding and more blocks. If this teams is to keep cousins he has to come back and be able to take a step back and be a 2nd option and be niko on steroids. When he and ad started the season they were bringing the ball up court and mainly trying to dribbling into the paint or talking long 2s and 3s. Rondo came in and changed that, but it was still you get a touch and I get a touch ball. The play needs to be started from the guards into the interior, instead of allowing the bigs to try dribble it in.

I think cousins can work with this team, I think the pels want to trade him, but I don’t think they will cause AD love playing with him And it would be a snake move to sign him like clippers did Blake and trade him afterwards and AD will most definitely be ready to leave.

So I do think cousins and ad can work. But ad has to be the clear 1 option, and they minutes need to be split heavy so they can work without each other on the court.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
This gonna be a unpopular opinion but Niko a better fit with ad than cousins.Pelicans needs spacing and shooters around ad let cousins walk

better defense,less turnovers,ad and holiday eat and more spacing .

I think it's just Portland, who I felt were a bit over-rated coming into the playoffs, no shots at the fans, but my opinion was that they got hot at the right time (Portland that is) and they felt they were a legit team/contender but really a pretender.

I would like to see how we play against GS before I agree with your statement. Niko at times can be ghost, so I don't know breh

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
the thing is cousins can do everything niko is doing but better. He’s legit niko with more toughness, better rebounding and more blocks. If this teams is to keep cousins he has to come back and be able to take a step back and be a 2nd option and be niko on steroids. When he and ad started the season they were bringing the ball up court and mainly trying to dribbling into the paint or talking long 2s and 3s. Rondo came in and changed that, but it was still you get a touch and I get a touch ball. The play needs to be started from the guards into the interior, instead of allowing the bigs to try dribble it in.

I think cousins can work with this team, I think the pels want to trade him, but I don’t think they will cause AD love playing with him And it would be a snake move to sign him like clippers did Blake and trade him afterwards and AD will most definitely be ready to leave.

So I do think cousins and ad can work. But ad has to be the clear 1 option, and they minutes need to be split heavy so they can work without each other on the court.

I also like the fact that we have a scorer on the court when one goes to the bench.

I like how AG were splitting their minutes at a time in the season, I wanna say during their 1st winning streak.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC

They did work. They were going to be a pretty good playoff seed and possibly have HCA. Houston had massive trouble guarding Boogie and he lit them the fukk up. Thing is people are trying to say Niko is a better fit - dude is shooting 47% from 3 on high volume which would shyt on Steph Curry career numbers. Dude is also playing wildly good defense when he's usually terrible. I don't think dudes realize how unsustainable this is from him AND Rondo who is hitting every shot he throws up.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
They want 2 max him

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
They did work. They were going to be a pretty good playoff seed and possibly have HCA. Houston had massive trouble guarding Boogie and he lit them the fukk up. Thing is people are trying to say Niko is a better fit - dude is shooting 47% from 3 on high volume which would shyt on Steph Curry career numbers. Dude is also playing wildly good defense when he's usually terrible. I don't think dudes realize how unsustainable this is from him AND Rondo who is hitting every shot he throws up.
They worked but the offense was terrible and wasn’t sudtaninable. It’s was iso with ad and cousins. Where now it running the offense thru the guards and dropping it off to the bigs for easy shots and last resort letting the bigs handle it in the high post. Both ad and cousins had crazy turnovers this season because of that.

The team got way better when cousins went down, ended up winning like 10 straight

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They worked but the offense was terrible and wasn’t sudtaninable. It’s was iso with ad and cousins. Where now it running the offense thru the guards and dropping it off to the bigs for easy shots and last resort letting the bigs handle it in the high post. Both ad and cousins had crazy turnovers this season because of that.

The team got way better when cousins went down, ended up winning like 10 straight

They weren't an ISO offense, they just had terrible supporting players. Last year the Davis and Cousins pairing ended negative. This year it was positive almost from the beginning because Jrue Holiday was healthy.

Cousins has always been a high turnover player. He's near the top of the league in turnover rate every year only bested by Harden and Westbrook from what I recall. He also doesn't convert shots at a high enough rate - but he draws so many fouls and plays good enough defense it didn't matter. If New Orleans makes it to Golden State and gets clapped y'all gonna say damn, maybe they did need Boogie.

Y'all suffering from recency bias. Step back and ask yourself if AD plus Niko, Rondo, and Jrue is winning a chip.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps

Niko was shooting 43% from 3's (leading the league)when the bulls traded him & he's not a terrible defender he's solid always has been.Last year on the bulls every good defensive lineup featured jimmy and niko

Now how he's playing right now in the playoffs is definitely unsustainable but this roughly a 25-28 game sample size and the pelicans are way better with niko on the floor than they ever were with cousins.They play at the fastest pace in the league,turn the ball over less,play better defense and score more without cousins that's all I'm sayin

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
They weren't an ISO offense, they just had terrible supporting players. Last year the Davis and Cousins pairing ended negative. This year it was positive almost from the beginning because Jrue Holiday was healthy.

Cousins has always been a high turnover player. He's near the top of the league in turnover rate every year only bested by Harden and Westbrook from what I recall. He also doesn't convert shots at a high enough rate - but he draws so many fouls and plays good enough defense it didn't matter. If New Orleans makes it to Golden State and gets clapped y'all gonna say damn, maybe they did need Boogie.

Y'all suffering from recency bias. Step back and ask yourself if AD plus Niko, Rondo, and Jrue is winning a chip.
U wasn’t watching the games like pels fans were. It wasn’t working and the offenses was wild fukking ugly with no movement. I’m talking bout this year. No other year. And yes we were a iso offense, where cousins and ad would be at the 3 line and would try and take people off the dribble from the top.

Nobody is saying let him walk, we talking two option, signing him and trading him for a wing player or signing him and allowing him to take a backseat. The offense most definitely looked 10 times better after cousins got hurt. They loss 3 straight without cousins to start, and immediately won 10 straight, and the offense has take off completely and so has the defense

@Easy-E @NO-BadAzz @etrofllenrod504 @SubZeroDegrees

How did the offense look with cousins compared to after he was injured?

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Blazers fans..you guys want Nurkic back? Oshley fukked you guys in 2016 with all them contracts:scust:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
U wasn’t watching the games like pels fans were. It wasn’t working and the offenses was wild fukking ugly with no movement. I’m talking bout this year. No other year. And yes we were a iso offense, where cousins and ad would be at the 3 line and would try and take people off the dribble from the top.

Nobody is saying let him walk, we talking two option, signing him and trading him for a wing player or signing him and allowing him to take a backseat. The offense most definitely looked 10 times better after cousins got hurt. They loss 3 straight without cousins to start, and immediately won 10 straight, and the offense has take off completely and so has the defense

@Easy-E @NO-BadAzz @etrofllenrod504 @SubZeroDegrees

How did the offense look with cousins compared to after he was injured?
All I know is a healthy Orleans teams with cousins was the only team to really give a full powered Houston problems. Without Cousins, y’all been good to us every
matchup. And the same goes for GSW, with cousins y’all completely highly againsta healthy GSW squad. Without him y’all was getting washed against a healthy gsw squad.

Last edited: