Gone Fishing in the Bayou (0-4) - Portland (3) v. New Orleans [ADVANCE] (6) Round 1

Who You Wit?

• Trail Blazers

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • Put some repeck on the Pelicans

Votes: 41 50.6%
  • 4 GAMES

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 5 GAMES

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • 6 GAMES

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • 7 GAMES

Votes: 13 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
All I know is a healthy Orleans teams with cousins was the only team to really give a full powered Bouston problems. Without Cousins, y’all been good to us every
matchup. And the same goes for GSW, with cousins y’all completely highly againsta healthy GSW squad. Without him y’all was getting washed against a healthy gsw squad.
:gucci: What the fukk u talking bout? We got blown out twice with cousins and only beat them once at the end of the season.

Cousins had 15 points one game and 19 the other

And Boston ain’t best us 1 time. We beat them with and without cousins, with cousins y’all lose by 3, without y’all loss by 20.

:scust: We’re u just coming in here talking out your ass on purpose?

And we loss by 6 vs y’all with out rondo also, talk out your ass brehs and the one game we beat y’all we won by 2

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
How did the offense look with cousins compared to after he was injured?
I'm happy we winning a series, but, we gotta stop with the overreaction w/o Boogie

It's not fair 2 him unless you get specific ad to why he wont work

Let's not forget that Boogie held us down while AD was out

Boogie doesnt clog the paint and can move the ball and make plays

Nobody's giving up much for him and if we sign a free agent we gotta hold on to him for a bit first

Alvin didnt try this offense with him plus Boogie never played with Niko

And we not 100% keeping Rondo either

Letttuce chill out

Easy-E

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All I know is a healthy Orleans teams with cousins was the only team to really give a full powered Bouston problems. Without Cousins, y’all been good to us every
matchup. And the same goes for GSW, with cousins y’all completely highly againsta healthy GSW squad. Without him y’all was getting washed against a healthy gsw squad.
@Ineedmoney504 Kevin Durant aint got shyt 4 Boogie in the post

We lose going shot 4 shot with GSW

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I'm happy we winning a series, but, we gotta stop with the overreaction w/o Boogie

It's not fair 2 him unless you get specific ad to why he wont work

Let's not forget that Boogie held us down while AD was out

Boogie doesnt clog the paint and can move the ball and make plays

Nobody's giving up much for him and if we sign a free agent we gotta hold on to him for a bit first

Alvin didnt try this offense with him plus Boogie never played with Niko

And we not 100% keeping Rondo either

Letttuce chill out
:mjgrin: So u gonna answer the question or nah? How does the offense compare with and without boogie?

I never said we have to get rid of him, he can take a step back and be clear number 2 or he can be moved. We can’t have 2 number 1s, especially at the same position. I don’t think we can win the next series without boogie, I don’t see us playing well with him either tho, cause we really didn’t play well with him if we gonna allow him to be ball dominate and play iso.

Best bet is to sign him and find a trade partner but I don’t think that’s gonna happen off the strength that ad and him love playing together. But if that doesn’t happen he needs to step back and stop slowing the ball down and allow the offense to come to him.

Easy-E

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:mjgrin: So u gonna answer the question or nah? How does the offense compare with and without boogie?

I never said we have to get rid of him, he can take a step back and be clear number 2 or he can be moved. We can’t have 2 number 1s, especially at the same position. I don’t think we can win the next series without boogie, I don’t see us playing well with him either tho, cause we really didn’t play well with him if we gonna allow him to be ball dominate and play iso.

Best bet is to sign him and find a trade partner but I don’t think that’s gonna happen off the strength that ad and him love playing together. But if that doesn’t happen he needs to step back and stop slowing the ball down and allow the offense to come to him.
I did answer; I don't know. So much changed, it's to use an isolated sample of games like the team isnt different.

We still had Jameer and Tony dragging tgey old asses up and down the court midseason.

Who you trading Boogie for???

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.

We loss both games with boogie tho. He didn’t have 20 point in either, he didn’t do anything either game. One without kd and one with him.

Why would kd be check boogie in the post. They obviously would start magee with dray at the 4. We still lose tho

taker597

Superstar
Daps

Which is why this match up is so dangerous for us.. Beating Golden State injured or not at their own game hasn't yielded great results the last 3 years. We have to play elite defense to stand a chance.

We are hitting all cylinder right now. We won 8 straight going back to end of the season. The longer we keep up this unprecedented level of shooting. The better. If we can clamp down on GSW. We can maybe outscore them. KD and Livingston are gonna walking in the series with bum ankles. Curry coming back from a grade 2 MCL sprain. If upset special was ever in our favor to knock off a dynasty. It's probably now.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I did answer; I don't know. So much changed, it's to use an isolated sample of games like the team isnt different.

We still had Jameer and Tony dragging tgey old asses up and down the court midseason.

Who you trading Boogie for???
Jameer played great during his time playing tho. He was pretty much rondo before rondo came back and provided leadership and balance to the team. Plus ad clearly play better without him.

:manny: Hit up Boston, they obviously got way to many pieces that they not gonna be able to sign like that. Maybe we hit a lick. I would say weed plate Wiggins but his contract to real

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Match-ups

As I stated earlier, KD will be the wild-card and GS will either packed the lane, cut the court in half and keep AD on one side, and if so, our shooters will have to have good shooting games behind the arc
I think our shooters are more than capable to hit shots consistently when left open that have been proving it. Yes KD is the x factor but KD gonna get his as expected but the way we are playing defense will make up for KD getting his. Same I feel the warriors won't have a answer for Niko. We keep our turnovers down I like our chances against the warriors, we gave them all they could handle in the offs last we met(even tho the series number didn't reflect) we played them very well and that team was nowhere near as good as this one. Rondo keep playing the way he's capable alot, I think alot of people gonna be shocked. This might turn out to be the best series of the playoffs in my honest opinion.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:gucci: What the fukk u talking bout? We got blown out twice with cousins and only beat them once at the end of the season.

Cousins had 15 points one game and 19 the other

And Boston ain’t best us 1 time. We beat them with and without cousins, with cousins y’all lose by 3, without y’all loss by 20.

:scust: We’re u just coming in here talking out your ass on purpose?

And we loss by 6 vs y’all with out rondo also, talk out your ass brehs and the one game we beat y’all we won by 2

I watched the first game against GSW and y’all were up big early in them and then the gamut we the ay it did because y’all didn’t have no composure. Same thing happened in the second game. GSW has to come back from large deficits twice to beat y’all whencousins was healthy.

Who said anything about Boston?

I said When y’all had Cousins y’all gave Houston fits and even beat them when they had their big three playing and when y’all didn’t have cousins you weren’t even an issue for Houston. It don’t matter if Rondo was playing or not. If you fukking have championship aspiration, then you need Cousins healthy in the lineup to achieve those dream. You’re in denial if you think other wise

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I watched the first game against GSW and y’all were up big early in them and then the gamut we the ay it did because y’all didn’t have no composure. Same thing happened in the second game. GSW has to come back from large deficits twice to beat y’all whencousins was healthy.

Who said anything about Boston?

I said When y’all had Cousins y’all gave Houston fits and even beat them when they had their big three playing and when y’all didn’t have cousins you weren’t even an issue for Houston. It don’t matter if Rondo was playing or not. If you fukking have championship aspiration, then you need Cousins healthy in the lineup to achieve those dream. You’re in denial if you think other wise
nikka u clearly say bouston in your post. And we definitely can use a better wing over cousins with the team we have now

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Smh. you clearly have something against Cousins
Nah I just clearly seen them play together enough to see it ain’t a championship winning duo. We need a wing and right etwan Moore is our starter. Durant is gonna kill us and we have no possible answer. Cousins gonna get the max and we ain’t gonna have money improve anything.

After this season teams gonna be offering rondo good money, we not gonna be able to match or even get a replacement.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
They worked but the offense was terrible and wasn’t sudtaninable. It’s was iso with ad and cousins. Where now it running the offense thru the guards and dropping it off to the bigs for easy shots and last resort letting the bigs handle it in the high post. Both ad and cousins had crazy turnovers this season because of that.

The team got way better when cousins went down, ended up winning like 10 straight

Agreed

Other than them starting the game, I like and saw the team play better when one was on the bench and the other one was on the court and at times AD looked like a role player instead of a superstar when they were both on the court

His shots, AD had taken a dive, which was expected but he was at times on some Robin or Alfred type role to Cuz

They somewhat fixed the spacing and options and started to jell a bit, but most was due to Rondo, breaking up that ISO shyt and controlling the pace and flow before Cuzin got hurt.
One game Rondo had like 24 assist or something.
For both to work, the PG has to command the pace of the offense and place then in position to make plays. Rondo was able to figure it out and do this, which got others involved, and we really took off, then Cuz got hurt. But it all comes down to a great PG for both of them to jell and be a force while they both are on the court together.

But I really wasn't a fan of them at times when they were both on the court.

We looked to slow

Last edited: